Sponsored

Think I could sell my GT?? Would there be a market?

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Just drive the car to work more often. Get some time in the seat and enjoy the car. I have a truck too but I drive the mustang 35 miles each way to work most days and will until it gets too cold for the tires. I didn't buy it to sit there looking pretty in the driveway (man it's pretty pretty though). Maybe if I had purchased instead of financed it I would feel more like you, but with a payment every month I wanna make it feel worth it.

Get out in the thing and enjoy it, unless you're just stuck in bumper to bumper traffic the whole way.
Sponsored

OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
Just drive the car to work more often. Get some time in the seat and enjoy the car. I have a truck too but I drive the mustang 35 miles each way to work most days and will until it gets too cold for the tires. I didn't buy it to sit there looking pretty in the driveway (man it's pretty pretty though). Maybe if I had purchased instead of financed it I would feel more like you, but with a payment every month I wanna make it feel worth it.

Get out in the thing and enjoy it, unless you're just stuck in bumper to bumper traffic the whole way.
I work primarily from home. I do take it out occasionally for work, but i'm usually meeting clients - and driving up in a loud Mustang does not always make the best first impression :lol:

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
If you are gonna lose money don't do it. Idk why people buy cars anymore if they gonna sell. I bought my car because I plan to keep it!

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
If you are gonna lose money don't do it. Idk why people buy cars anymore if they gonna sell. I bought my car because I plan to keep it!
99% of cars manufactured are not considered future collector cars and never will be. Cars depreciate over time, that's a fact of life. Losing money on most cars is inevitable.

OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did too, but circumstances can change and alter one's plans.

I'm still planning to make it work, but if I could sell for $40k I wouldnt lose too much on it

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
99% of cars manufactured are not considered future collector cars and never will be. Cars depreciate over time, that's a fact of life. Losing money on most cars is inevitable.
So people should make smarter purchases. And think of long run

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Kid season really takes away from car time, I remember it well. But the problem here is CARB, not kids. I would NEVER install a non-CARB part on a car I planned to sell anytime soon. It's on you to smog it when you sell it, and you can't do it.

Either sell the Procharger separately, or offer it as an extra in the box with the car. You are going to have a hell of a time selling a non-smog car in CA. I would just try to avoid going there.

OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kid season really takes away from car time, I remember it well. But the problem here is CARB, not kids. I would NEVER install a non-CARB part on a car I planned to sell anytime soon. It's on you to smog it when you sell it, and you can't do it.

Either sell the Procharger separately, or offer it as an extra in the box with the car. You are going to have a hell of a time selling a non-smog car in CA. I would just try to avoid going there.
Yea, that is my big decision - once I install the Procharger, I can't sell it without taking it back off, and that's a huge PITA. I want to be certain that I'm gonna be committed to this car.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Yea, that is my big decision - once I install the Procharger, I can't sell it without taking it back off, and that's a huge PITA. I want to be certain that I'm gonna be committed to this car.
Yeah no doubt, honestly not worth taking off. Someone is always looking for a boosted coyote if you do sell.

Sponsored
OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah no doubt, honestly not worth taking off. Someone is always looking for a boosted coyote if you do sell.
Sure, but not for the price I could get for the car as is right now plus the brand new in box blower. Decisions, decisions

OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put the car (and mods) up for sale on the section of this forum. Gonna see if any enthusiasts are interested before I go the other routes and attract some riff raff...Ugh...LOL

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
I'm actually looking for a car just like this (made a WTB post like a month ago). I'd prefer a whipple, but wouldn't mind a procharger, and I specifically wanted those safeguard mods like the MMR OPG. The only thing I don't like about the car is the loud exhaust. Don't know why so many people do this as it takes so much away from the daily driver friendliness of the car.

2 other problems, is you are across the country from me, and the other is I'm looking for a car already done. Shops charge a lot around me. Still interested though. Did you ever get a quote how much it would cost to install the rest of the parts and blower?

OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm actually looking for a car just like this (made a WTB post like a month ago). I'd prefer a whipple, but wouldn't mind a procharger, and I specifically wanted those safeguard mods like the MMR OPG. The only thing I don't like about the car is the loud exhaust. Don't know why so many people do this as it takes so much away from the daily driver friendliness of the car.

2 other problems, is you are across the country from me, and the other is I'm looking for a car already done. Shops charge a lot around me. Still interested though. Did you ever get a quote how much it would cost to install the rest of the parts and blower?
PM sent, thank you