Sponsored

FYI, Ground-Control offerings for the S550

Nick610s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT
What is the max/min ride height you can set them to?
Are linear springs available?
All the springs they use are linear springs. The ones in the picture were for display purposes and fitting only. The springs on my car are 450lb front and 850lb rear, but they can do almost any rate requested.

I can go all the way back to stock height and I have another inch in the rear and 1.5 front that I can spin them down. That would put the suspension geometry way out of whack though.
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
All the springs they use are linear springs. The ones in the picture were for display purposes and fitting only. The springs on my car are 450lb front and 850lb rear, but they can do almost any rate requested.

I can go all the way back to stock height and I have another inch in the rear and 1.5 front that I can spin them down. That would put the suspension geometry way out of whack though.
Man, stock height to -1", linear spring rate choice, and camber plates! Where do I sign?
Remind us the price on these again?

Nick610s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT
Rears are progressive? And 850 seems awfully low. Barely more than stock. Seems like running 450 front with that low of a spring rate in the rear will throw off balance.
No the rear are linear. Springs in the pic are display. that's 300lb higher front and 200lb higher in the rear, I was base car not PP. If you look at the other rates provided by other manufacturers for just lowering springs, even steeda linear springs, the rate is pretty good. And your shocks have a lot more to do with being able to handle those rates. I wanted a decent DD ride as well as being able to autox/track once in a while. I will be going to drive some twisties soon. But I do believe the car is going to be balanced.

Nick610s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT
Man, stock height to -1", linear spring rate choice, and camber plates! Where do I sign?
Remind us the price on these again?
Final pricing isn't complete yet from what they've told me, but most of ground controls pro-kits are in the 1800-2000 range.

Here's their site so you can see what they offer. They have been around for 20+ years. They do a lot of Porsche,bmw,Honda etc. as well as full on custom stuff.

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/index.php

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
No the rear are linear. Springs in the pic are display. that's 300lb higher front and 200lb higher in the rear, I was base car not PP. If you look at the other rates provided by other manufacturers for just lowering springs, even steeda linear springs, the rate is pretty good. And your shocks have a lot more to do with being able to handle those rates. I wanted a decent DD ride as well as being able to autox/track once in a while. I will be going to drive some twisties soon. But I do believe the car is going to be balanced.
You should be thinking of the rate increase as a percentage though, not an absolute number.

The base GT spring rates are 160/668. So, you went up 181% in the front and only 27% in the rear. And comparing to GT PP rates (stock 165/728), you went up 173% front and 17% rear. Now, I don't think you necessarily want to match percentages either, but it shouldn't be too disjointed either.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You should be thinking of the rate increase as a percentage though, not an absolute number.

The base GT spring rates are 160/668. So, you went up 181% in the front and only 27% in the rear. And comparing to GT PP rates (stock 165/728), you went up 173% front and 17% rear. Now, I don't think you necessarily want to match percentages either, but it shouldn't be too disjointed either.
A lot of the handling-focused spring packages have larger front increases. Example, BMR Handling springs are 300/980, so 82% and 35% over PP rates. The increased roll stiffness (and thus theoretical balance change) in the front is probably made up for in control, as well as keeping a more consistent contact patch via reduced roll. It also reduces dive under braking, keeping the contact patch larger there too.

A lot of the folks who've done really well autocrossing in the STP/CAM/ESP classes have remarked how much more front spring the car needs.

Nick610s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. And I am not a suspension expert. But I don't see a reason to run a 1000lb rear spring for the street and even occasional autox/track. The rear spring rate is pretty high on this car to begin with due to its inboard position and leverage put on it by the LCA. I think the PP springs were too much for the stock shocks to handle initially as why a lot of people complained of the PP bounce. I will be testing it more as I go along. But from the few harder corners I've went around, the front and rear seam to get along pretty well.

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
I'm not disagreeing with you at all. And I am not a suspension expert. But I don't see a reason to run a 1000lb rear spring for the street and even occasional autox/track. The rear spring rate is pretty high on this car to begin with due to its inboard position and leverage put on it by the LCA. I think the PP springs were too much for the stock shocks to handle initially as why a lot of people complained of the PP bounce. I will be testing it more as I go along. But from the few harder corners I've went around, the front and rear seam to get along pretty well.
Right, since the motion ratio is bad in the rear (iirc, .3 ish), the spring rates in the rear are much higher. Which means even though the rear is 668 stock, its effective spring rate is somewhere in the mid 200's. This isn't much rate at all.

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
A lot of the handling-focused spring packages have larger front increases. Example, BMR Handling springs are 300/980, so 82% and 35% over PP rates. The increased roll stiffness (and thus theoretical balance change) in the front is probably made up for in control, as well as keeping a more consistent contact patch via reduced roll. It also reduces dive under braking, keeping the contact patch larger there too.

A lot of the folks who've done really well autocrossing in the STP/CAM/ESP classes have remarked how much more front spring the car needs.
People in ESP are running very high rear rates. Boardkat on this forums is going to be trying out 2000+ lb/in.

Personally, I am about to be getting a set of JRZ coilovers that I am going to run 600/1600 with.

GCSystems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Mustang GT
What is the max/min ride height you can set them to?
Are linear springs available?
Ride height can be adjusted from stock to -3", and the system includes linear spring front and rear. Custom spring rates will be selected/included with each system, and the setup will be built around the type of driving, modifications, etc. the customer plans to use their car for. Progressive rear springs are shown in the picture Nick610s posted, however those were one of the many different spring rates/lengths we tested while the system was in development.

I'll be happy to answer any questions here about the system, however most of the technical information will be included in the classified section when the system is available. Detailed pictures as well as pricing should be available in the next week or so.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Ride height can be adjusted from stock to -3", and the system includes linear spring front and rear. Custom spring rates will be selected/included with each system, and the setup will be built around the type of driving, modifications, etc. the customer plans to use their car for. Progressive rear springs are shown in the picture Nick610s posted, however those were one of the many different spring rates/lengths we tested while the system was in development.

I'll be happy to answer any questions here about the system, however most of the technical information will be included in the classified section when the system is available. Detailed pictures as well as pricing should be available in the next week or so.
Terrific.

My personal minimum requirements are:
  • Stock ride height, maximum
  • Linear rate springs
  • Customer selectable spring rates (with guidance)
  • Camber plates included
  • Adjustable shocks
  • Coaxial rear coilover preferred, with stronger body mounts
  • Reasonable price

Nick610s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT
:headbang::headbang::headbang: I'll be happy to post some pictures and answer any questions as well, but I'll wait for your review fist.

We're also putting together a video that includes some of the install as well as some footage of the suspension during the initial test drive. I'd be happy to post it on here if there's interest in seeing it.

Thanks again Nick! I do have to say I miss the car already.:thumbsup:
This must have been the post that was pending! Missed it! Im definitely enjoying my car more now! And onlookers seem to enjoy it more too!

GCSystems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Mustang GT
Terrific.

My personal minimum requirements are:
  • Stock ride height, maximum
  • Linear rate springs
  • Customer selectable spring rates (with guidance)
  • Camber plates included
  • Adjustable shocks
  • Coaxial rear coilover preferred, with stronger body mounts
  • Reasonable price
Our rear system includes a linear spring and ride height adjuster that mounts in the factory location. The shock also mounts in the factory location and includes custom, shortened bumpstops. We have shelves of different length and rate springs available to match desired ride heights, comfort, etc.

Reactions: GTP

GCSystems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Mustang GT
This must have been the post that was pending! Missed it! Im definitely enjoying my car more now! And onlookers seem to enjoy it more too!
Awesome! I'll text you soon! We got some comp orange GC stickers coming our way soon with your name on them. :thumbsup:

Nick610s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT
So I was able to take some corners other day that were down from my house, shocks were set full stiff front and 1/2 turn to fill in the rear. No other suspension mods. 285/35r19 nitto555g2 tires on all 4. Spring rates 450f/850r

Body roll reduced significantly!! Bump handling well under control, car did not feel unsettled at any point, entrance, mid, exit. And these were 25-35 mph turns taken at at least twice posted speed. Coulda gone faster but public road. No people on this road due to remoteness but still. Only thing I'm going to do is go up on the spring rate as I felt a touch more roll in the back as opposed to the front. Going to 950 in the rear to get the rear to tighten up a bit more. And then sway bars should all but make this thing stay flat as it can be. Which Ground control is considering doing sway bar kits for these cars.

Overall this is a great coilover set up with top quality components (eibach linear springs,koni shocks, GC camber/caster plates and height adjusters).

For reference, non adjustable KW kit with no camber plates is $2k. Which this kit I'm guessing will come in around there. FWIW, the spring rates I have currently work pretty good for DD duty seeing as I can soften up the shocks.
Sponsored