WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Whilst washing the car this morning, noticed there were a few minor scuffs/indentations on the trim surrounding the rear seat driver's side window.

Also saw a nick (possibly caused by a razor blade or similar) on the same trim on the passenger side - I suspect this was possibly inflicted by the tinter.
Sponsored

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP
Whilst washing the car this morning, noticed there were a few minor scuffs/indentations on the trim surrounding the rear seat driver's side window.

Also saw a nick (possibly caused by a razor blade or similar) on the same trim on the passenger side - I suspect this was possibly inflicted by the tinter.
no way I have the same thing on my car

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP

Sponsored

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback

I think you have nailed it being the tinter Drewbo. The tight quarters and entering/exiting will have caused the scuff marks. It's a bummer about the nick on the trim on the rear but look at this way only you know where it is and it wouldn't be hard to see?

I have instructed my saleman to ensure that bottom of the door sill/scuff plates, rear of the front seats and rear seats to be covered to mitigate any scuff marks. I demanded that the tinter takes off their boots/shoes whilst working in the rear. I told him if the mustang scuff plates have the slightest blemish I will be asking for a set of new one's :paddle:. It wouldn't surprise if I find an issue.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
It's a bummer about the nick on the trim on the rear but look at this way only you know where it is and it wouldn't be hard to see?
Yeah it's no biggie, I'm sure that there will be worse to come.

I demanded that the tinter takes off their boots/shoes whilst working in the rear.
You may also like to enquire whether your tinter will need to deconstruct the rear parcel shelf in order to get the job done. Some do, some don't - I would personally prefer that they didn't pull my car apart unless absolutely necessary.

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
You may also like to enquire whether your tinter will need to deconstruct the rear parcel shelf in order to get the job done. Some do, some don't - I would personally prefer that they didn't pull my car apart unless absolutely necessary.
I'm on it thanks for the reminder. I viewed Enoch's video on the UK site. His tinter had removed the trimmings around the rear window. Made me panic.

Will be calling the salesperson to find out the full details. I know the dealership's tinter has now worked on many. I just hope they have a template and cut the tint to it and just slide it into place. Aaaaaargh......first world problems.

Drewbo was your tint done private or from the dealer?

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
I know carbon car systems (Blacktown, NSW) laser cuts the exact template so it's a perfect fit.

Jostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I know carbon car systems (Blacktown, NSW) laser cuts the exact template so it's a perfect fit.
Thanks HybridGT

How much do Carbon charge for tinting a Stang?
And would you know the difference they charge in pricing between the 3M color stable film and the crystalline film?

Cheers

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

peambros

Inner westie
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
RR MY2016 V8 Fastback
Anyone find their fuel filler flap coming open at times for no reason. Keep finding mine open from time to time and can only presume the road vibrations are causing it to open. Seems like the locking mechanism is not holding the flap shut.

dave-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT, '16 SS Ute, Turbo 86
Picked mine up today, geez the Americans aren't too great at putting a car together. You'd think they'd only started doing it recently!

Rear bar fitment is nothing short of being done by a one armed blind man! One side has a massive gap, the other side looks like the moulding/paintwork was half done.

Front bar, lower grill area I thought was just dirty...it's missing the paint!

Panel gap on the bonnet isn't much better, probably shouldn't look too much harder!

I picked up a VF2 SS last month and while I thought that was pretty average with some panel gaps, that is miles ahead of the Mustang. Will be interesting to see what Ford HQ come back with.
rear bar drivers.jpg
rear bar passenger.jpg
front bar missing paint.jpg

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer should have got you in before delivery to look over those and sort them out for you.
100%.

Dealer should be ashamed of themselves delivering a car in such a condition.

Did they at least point out the issues or leave it up to you to find them?
Sponsored