Sponsored

Cool Convertible Wind Restrictor/Deflector getting released for 15/16 Mustang, YAY!

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I don't really see me using the back seats so the 'lovemydrive' / Ford OEM version which seems to cover up the rear would be just fine... I do think see why this acrylic screen couldn't have been mounted like those (I think they hook into the openings for the roof or something?)

It still freezing here so I have several months to decide what I want :D (I also rarely use the passenger seat so it is not a big issue either way for me)
Sponsored

ConqSoft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium Vert, '16 428xi M Sport Vert
Cool Convertible Wind Restrictor/Deflector getting released for 15/16 Mustang...

onosqv, thanks for the additional details. The headrest needing to be all the way up was another one of my predictions that seems to have come true. Oh well. My search will continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Beat me to the punch line on driving experience onosqv. Around my head and neck it was pretty mellow even at 80 mph with the windows down. Between the seats it was more active. I held a cotton glove to gauge the airflow and it was defintely more between the seat under the deflector. A waterfall extension would fix most of that. Because the Love the Drive has that frame over the back seat, that airflow is reduced dramatically. I am sure the reason for not having a waterfall is purely to keep the price lower since you would only get half as many blanks from an acrylic sheet. Good job showing the ability to move one seat independent of the other but, in the long run that will probably gouge into the headrest posts. I like your size pony, mine is pretty HUGE! In reality it only blocks the rear view at distances but it is translucent so headlights would still shine through.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
I was excited for this to come to market but I have to tell ya, I'm not too keen on the design for the S550. On the previous gen it was much cleaner looking and integrated into the back seat. I guess I'll pass.

ConqSoft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium Vert, '16 428xi M Sport Vert
I was excited for this to come to market but I have to tell ya, I'm not too keen on the design for the S550. On the previous gen it was much cleaner looking and integrated into the back seat. I guess I'll pass.

I'm with you. I was waiting all this time hoping it would be at the rear seat. They told me that they had a lot of complaints with those because they didn't really provide much wind blocking and were more form over function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
That is the reason I did not buy the one that attached to the rear seats, way to short, and actually would direct more airflow to the front. Only behind the front seats would it do any good. The Mercedes with the Airscarf raises the entire rear headrests and only works as well as it does because it has effectively a spoiler on top of the windshield.
I am sure we could all come up with better designs (I have my own) but, the cost of making "one-of" is prohibitive and if you mess up even one bolt hole it is back to the drawing board. Hope everyone find a product that meets their needs but there is no such thing as a perfect anything.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
For the couple guys that have installed already, anyone have a wiring diagram to connect up the controller. Specifically, where do I tap into the brake and running lights?

OP
OP
onosqv

onosqv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
QV
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang
For the couple guys that have installed already, anyone have a wiring diagram to connect up the controller. Specifically, where do I tap into the brake and running lights?
The install guide ran the wire back to the trunk and tapped into the brake light wires.

brake light operation: tap onto green & purple wire.
any time car lights are on: red & yellow wire.

Also, UPDATE (more extended driving session - updated my original post as well):
Around town w/ windows down (up to 45-50mph): w/ the deflector on & the windows down, passengers w/ long hair only get a slight breeze blowing on their hair from the wind coming back through the sides of the seat. Still very manageable. Without the deflector, windows had to be up, and even then hair can get a bit messy.

Around town w/ windows up: no long hair blowing around issues, woo hoo!

I didn't get a chance to test w/ highway speeds w/ a passenger with long hair, but from the improvements from driving around town, I think it would be fine.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I would like to chime in here. I am ordering a 2016 GT CS vert this Friday. I have been looking for as much info as I can get on wind deflectors. Seems either you gotta lose the back seat(not a big deal for me since it's a retirement car and my wife and I have two small dogs as back seat passengers) or you lose the ability to independently fully adjust each seat because of the mounted style deflector.

Just throwing it out there, but has anyone designed some sort of a deflector that can be mounted between the front seats. From what I have seen and read, it looks like most of the wind comes thru the gap between the seats. If there was a deflector that could be mounted between the seats (maybe some way attached to the underside of the rear of the Center console and could be folded when not in use, I think it would be ideal.

Any good designers out there? Here is your chance. :)

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Good Luck with the '16 CS Vert! Life is full of compromises and paralysis by analysis seems the theme of this thread. I'd love to see something along that lines come along but I am afraid it just a viable concept. I bought the Wind Restrictor because it has the most favorable characteristics for ME. If you wait for something better to come along, all I can say is invest in baseball caps and jackets.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I agree on the wind restrictor. It's a better option for me too. Just holding out hope for another solution. :)

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
seriously, you need this???

My previous car was a Solstice GXP turbo/290 hp roadster. It had so much wind flow that I wore those drivers caps, cause bb caps blew off, even with a wind restrictor installed (my head stuck up too high). Cockpit conversations were challenging, to say the least.

FF to last June and I got my 2015 GT premium mustang vert. Wow, wearing bb caps like crazy now. Can talk in a normal voice to a passenger, and even hear the stereo. On the freeway, just pop up the side windows and all is calm.

I don't get why anyone would need a wind restrictor at all. It just puts a clear wall between the seats and has to be cleaned regularly to look descent. The front doesn't need it, and I imagine the rear passengers would be even more cramped than they are without it.

But, hey, to each their own. :shrug:

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I am mocking up a waterfall to attache to the current Wind Restrictor but, it may be a while before I send it out to the plastics shop. I may check with the Wind Restrictor folks about modifying the design to incorporate one (actually an easy change) but, I know it will increase the cost significantly (less blanks per sheet of acrylic.)

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
LOL! Rich, do all your female passengers wear ballcaps? I have 3 daughters and a wife and without a wind defelctor, their hair is all over the place. There are more than a couple you tubes showing this but it is pretty dramatic. For me alone, sure I don't need one (unless it is less than 40 degrees outside). It is more for my passengers (mostly female).

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I keep hearing this talk about passengers and a rear seat... :D

I agree the acrylic wind restrictior looks very nice and I wish I could have one with a nice glowing logo to distract me :D
Sponsored