"Your" Driving Me CRAZY!

Which is most annoying to have to read?

• Total voters

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Preventative instead of Preventive. Bugs the crap out of me.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
No. That right there is the dumbing down of society. Too many people are ok with it and that is a problem. Our country is well on the way to being just like the society in the movie "Idiocracy".
Then go grab yourself an English degree and get to work. :thumbsup: I'll be cheering for you.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Then go grab yourself an English degree and get to work. :thumbsup: I'll be cheering for you.
From what I've observed, one can get an English degree or one can get a job, but not both.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Gonna

That is my pet peeve.
And the worst is "gonna wanna". :tsk:
News people say it all the time. "You're gonna wanna take your raincoat tomorrow cuz there's gonna be a whole lotta rain."
News people. And they are reading a teleprompter! Which means that someone is actually writing it in their script!!

This word is lazy slang for "going to", which is also wrong grammar. "It will rain tomorrow."
"Going to" is just a long slow way to say "will", i.e. a prediction of a future event. "Going to" should refer to a change of location. "He is going to the store."

But we all say it, and we can't stop! It irks me so much, that I even picked it out of a movie from the '80's. So apparently it has been around a long time.
[OMG, I wasn't even sure how it is spelled, and spellcheck found it! So it is in the word dictionary, meaning it must not even be slang anymore.] :frusty:

Let's all stop saying gonna!
I hope this ruins everyone's day.
Thanks for listening.
/rant

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I went to the boot store and they were out of what I wanted. It's the model that I usually buy, so I ordered them and the the little chickie sales girl will send them to me. When I received the boots her note said " thank you for your patients".

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I'd rather read stuff with misspelled or wrongly used words instead of with bad punctuation. Example:

hey man does it make cents to just run all thees words together and not use any caps or commas or periods i dont no ... wut do you think

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I can't believe this is a thing.
Can you be more specific about this thing that you speak of, and what about it that you cannot believe. I am confused about your lack of belief in this thing. :cheers: