Sponsored

Whats the coolest feature you didn't know your car had?

ConqSoft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium Vert, '16 428xi M Sport Vert
And if you take it to a dealer to get it checked out, I'm sure that won't get you anywhere. :( Or maybe I've just lost faith in dealers. :)

Sorry to hear of your issue.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Yea, That's what I do. Just stick my hand in and try to open the door.
Are you keeping your hand off the little ridged button on the top of the handle while you have our hand inside the handle? If not, it could be getting both the unlock and lock signals going at the same time.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
And if you take it to a dealer to get it checked out, I'm sure that won't get you anywhere. :( Or maybe I've just lost faith in dealers. :)

Sorry to hear of your issue.
Not really worried about it. It's only a minor inconvenience at worst, and fixed by pulling out the fob and pressing the button. Not worth the hassle of going to the dealer and spending hours there for no resolution. Did that with minor things on previous cars and was always a waste of time. I've lost faith in dealers too. :headbonk:

Are you keeping your hand off the little ridged button on the top of the handle while you have our hand inside the handle? If not, it could be getting both the unlock and lock signals going at the same time.
Yea, I really only touch the ridged portion to lock.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Remote Start

Figured out if I'm in the house and attempt to turn on the remote start the remote will let me know if successful.

If successful, the remote will blink green....

If a failure to start, the remote will blink red.

It is great since I can't see or hear the car from the location in my condo.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
guys... the ridged part is only for locking, the unlock is on the inside of the handle. I hardly ever lock with the touch because i want to be sure its locked (My pistol and other goodies are in there) id rather lock with the fob and hear the horn honk. to unlock you just open the door like normal.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
guys... the ridged part is only for locking, the unlock is on the inside of the handle. I hardly ever lock with the touch because i want to be sure its locked (My pistol and other goodies are in there) id rather lock with the fob and hear the horn honk. to unlock you just open the door like normal.
Good point ... but if I'm where it's pretty quiet around the car I just listen for the locks to click when I touch the ridged lock pad on the handle. Doing it with the FOB does however give you better confirmation that it did lock.

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Looking the doors is a someone curious experience. As I exit the car, I press the inside lock button on the door. I shut the door and then typically would look to confirm door is indeed locked. But in the daytime here in Florida, it is too bright and the tiny red LED is not visible. If you touch the door to see if the car is locked, you will UNlock the door! After a month of ownership, I have become confident that the door is actually locked but when I park in the nasty areas, I still resort to 'double checking the lock status' by clicking on my key FOB. The passive Mustang alarm is awesome and very sensitive.

grue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Base GT + PP1
The "key" to unlocking the door with the handle is putting your hand around/inside the handle. The sensor on top works better for locking. Just a quick touch of the ridged area will lock it. I've had 100% success using this method for the last 8 months of ownership.
this is what i ended up doing after i realized just put your hand on/near the handle - right the inside! i didn't mention that.

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Thanks for clarifying that and stating it!

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
Unlocking via the handle works about 75% of the time for me. Other times I sit there fumbling around with the sensor for a few seconds only to admit defeat and pull out the fob to unlock the car.
Sounds like maybe you have a bad sensor or fob. I probably have 95% success rate, if not better. Occasionally I think maybe I reach the handle when I'm still a half-step away and have to double dip as my body (and fob) gets closer to the door. You also have to be patient - there is maybe a quarter of a second delay from the time my hand goes into the handle to when it actually unlocks. Can't just grab and pull immediately.

Sponsored

grue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Base GT + PP1
Can't just grab and pull immediately.
this is what i find.

also, with regard to the FOB - the other coolest feature i didn't know about until i read the manual was that it has a replaceable battery!

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
this is what i find.

also, with regard to the FOB - the other coolest feature i didn't know about until i read the manual was that it has a replaceable battery!
That's a cool feature? Geez at least we don't have to throw them out when they die. But what IS cool, and again my Acura did this 11 years ago. The fob reports to the car when the battery gets low so the car lets you know when to change it. Use top quality batteries when replacing them. Don't risk a cheap one leaking and ruining the fob.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
yeah my wife's nissan key just died. both fobs. one of them was completely dead when i realized, and i had to use the mechanical key to open the door.

even with a dead fob you can start the car by placing the key close to the start button, similar to what we have to do on ours by putting it in the cupholder slot (which is more of a pain in the ass compared to nissan's way)

i did notice with her other fob that a key icon was blinking in the instrument cluster, which indicated a low battery, so i replaced that one too. kinda disappointing that both batteries didnt make it through a 3 year lease, which her last nissan did with no issues.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
yeah my wife's nissan key just died. both fobs. one of them was completely dead when i realized, and i had to use the mechanical key to open the door.

even with a dead fob you can start the car by placing the key close to the start button, similar to what we have to do on ours by putting it in the cupholder slot (which is more of a pain in the ass compared to nissan's way)

i did notice with her other fob that a key icon was blinking in the instrument cluster, which indicated a low battery, so i replaced that one too. kinda disappointing that both batteries didnt make it through a 3 year lease, which her last nissan did with no issues.
Cup holder slot???

Nvm just watched a video lol. I thought it would be putting it close to the start button or steering column. My 370z had a slot on the bottom left of the dash, my wife's old IS250 was putting it up against the start button, when I worked at BMW it was the steering column, or some models had a slot in the dash. And my wife's Escape is the steering column. I would have never thought to look under the cup holder. One would thing it would be more intuitive than that. Of course I would I have checked the manual if I couldn't figure it out though.

Also just learned the key is in-between the two fob halves. Unlike every other car we had it just slides out from the top.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
yeah the fusion seems to have a pocket by the center console for it, but on our mustangs its underneath the cupholders
Sponsored