Z06 pricing officially announced, starts at $106,395

MinDseTz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
If they sound as exotic as they do in the videos - I think they will be popular. The thing preventing them from cannibalizing GT350 values is just the transmission, IMO. If you want a manual, there isn't much that beats the 350.
ZL1 1LE is probably the best car in the 350's class and under appreciated af..

The dct in the c8 is there for performance numbers, which I get.. but it would have been nice to see a manual version.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Once the market crashes, they won't be able to give them away. Just give it 6 months and all the clowns who paid ADM will be so far under water, a lot of these will turn up at the bottom of the river. LOL

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Once the market crashes, they won't be able to give them away. Just give it 6 months and all the clowns who paid ADM will be so far under water, a lot of these will turn up at the bottom of the river. LOL
Good to see such a positive outlook :facepalm: If youā€™re going to be underwater because of an ADM you canā€™t afford the car in the first place. I doubt Chevy dealers will be giving away C8ā€˜s anytime in the near future.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If youā€™re going to be underwater because of an ADM you canā€™t afford the car in the first place.
when has that ever dissuaded people from buying something on the hope of the greater fool? It happens all the time, even with something as inane as Beanie Babies or Elmo. ADM by definition means you're upside down on the valuation metric, regardless of whether it was paid for with your own or someone else's money. Only a select few get out before mean reversion and those folk get a big one-off payoff/profit.

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
this happens a LOT more often than normies think when it comes to expensive cars.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Good to see such a positive outlook :facepalm: If youā€™re going to be underwater because of an ADM you canā€™t afford the car in the first place. I doubt Chevy dealers will be giving away C8ā€˜s anytime in the near future.
Correct, I do not have a positive outlook. Mortgage apps are WAY down again this month, more and more cars are piling onto dealer lots, interest rates up, and people trying to sell things for WAY over their actual value, it's obvious what is coming. And people like me will sit waiting to scoop up some good deals along the way. CFTP GT500 here I come!

The dealers might not give them away. But the person paying $140k for a Z06 because it's cool is going to find themselves in a real rough spot. We saw it with Hellcats just as much as Mustangs over the last year. Fools and their money are easily parted.

Then again, with these things starting to fall into R8 price territory, the buyers might just be the type to have cash laying around.

Unrelated, I saw a Z06 about two months ago. Wow do they sound good. Would love to drop that LT6 in a 2001 WS6 Trans Am. Because Murica!

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Correct, I do not have a positive outlook. Mortgage apps are WAY down again this month, more and more cars are piling onto dealer lots, interest rates up, and people trying to sell things for WAY over their actual value, it's obvious what is coming. And people like me will sit waiting to scoop up some good deals along the way. CFTP GT500 here I come!

The dealers might not give them away. But the person paying $140k for a Z06 because it's cool is going to find themselves in a real rough spot. We saw it with Hellcats just as much as Mustangs over the last year. Fools and their money are easily parted.

Then again, with these things starting to fall into R8 price territory, the buyers might just be the type to have cash laying around.

Unrelated, I saw a Z06 about two months ago. Wow do they sound good. Would love to drop that LT6 in a 2001 WS6 Trans Am. Because Murica!
i been saying the same thing but people keep teling me "this is just the way things are now, its all bidenflation". Nah, this stuff is gonna correct and the rebound is gonna be dope for anybody who saved their cash to pick up some assets after the crash happens... i ordered a new car only because i've never done it and that price would be pretty much set in stone anyhow.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
when has that ever dissuaded people from buying something on the hope of the greater fool?
to whit, Koons Tysons Toyota who was stupid enough to pay me $31,000 for a left-over 2021 EB/100A with 1000 miles on it.
https://www.koonstoyotatysonscorner...virginia-79d242360a0e081d502118769e31542c.htm

It's been barely a month and they've already had to slash their ask from 2 grand over what they paid me to just 500. The MSRP on the car was 28.3 and I bought it for 27k (Invoice net of fees) new off the lot just 90 days ago. sheet 9.5% return in a quarter, I wish my stocks did that good.

Now I just sit waiting for the blood to run in the streets...

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
to whit, Koons Tysons Toyota who was stupid enough to pay me $31,000 for a left-over 2021 EB/100A with 1000 miles on it.
https://www.koonstoyotatysonscorner...virginia-79d242360a0e081d502118769e31542c.htm

It's been barely a month and they've already had to slash their ask from 2 grand over what they paid me to just 500. The MSRP on the car was 28.3 and I bought it for 27k (Invoice net of fees) new off the lot just 90 days ago. sheet 9.5% return in a quarter, I wish my stocks did that good.

Now I just sit waiting for the blood to run in the streets...
dude they paid you to drive their car for 3 months lol that's dope as hell. i stold my truck back to the dealer i got it from for almost what i paid for it out the door... 6 years and 65k miles ago :D

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
dude they paid you to drive their car for 3 months lol that's dope as hell. i stold my truck back to the dealer i got it from for almost what i paid for it out the door... 6 years and 65k miles ago :D
I had a 2020 Hellcat WB Charger before my GT350. I bought it for mid 60's brand new, at the start of Covid (April 2020). I sold it May 2021, for 74. That car paid for itself, the tires I used, insurance, and fuel for that year. It was glorious. And will never happen again!

Also, it was a fantastic car. I miss it. No good on the track, but a fun daily ride.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Please explain that statement.
Ford is the far and away undisputed king of ADMs on specialty vehicles. No one else is even close.

Ford is also far and away the undisputed king of appreciating resale value on specialty vehicles so.... one could argue they go hand in hand.

Chevy.... yea no.

tagorgia

Krazydog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ford is the far and away undisputed king of ADMs on specialty vehicles. No one else is even close.

Ford is also far and away the undisputed king of appreciating resale value on specialty vehicles so.... one could argue they go hand in hand.

Chevy.... yea no.
Van Chevy in Scottsdale AZ, the 10th in the country in the Vette sales, has added $30K to every C8 corvette that it has sold since it's release. I guarantee that the ADM on a Z06 will be much higher.
Sponsored