wtf EDD changed again

OP
OP

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
So on Tuesday Cotus showed that my car was in transit with 12-4 delivery still and I checked this morning and guess what those gremlings started to mess with the system again because my EDD got pushed for the 3rd time to 12-10... this sucks
Sponsored

Joker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT
Yea talked to dealer, he confirmed the date. So i guess just check everyday and hope that your dealer has a more definite answer. He also printed out the entire history of my car (when it was build, where it was shipped, etc.) And just last week, it arrived in Cali...only 2 hours away. Wish I could just go pick it up instead of waiting till next week.

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
At least yours is changing.

My car is the Guard green one (due Nov 15th - 1 day, still awaiting shipment...)

The other two are going to my dealer as stock. 23 days to go in transit?! No idea what is going on.

I'm afraid mine is just gonna show up as January soon.
my car.png
yellow.png
blue.png
blue2.png

grecoan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT performance package
mustang tracking

I too have been waiting since June put my order in it was canceled because it failed quality control like many that went in the first week. re place yet another order which was suppose to come in noc 26. now it is pushed to Dec 25 Insane. I am a manager at a ford dealer in and called my rep to ask why these orders are getting pushed back. The reason that all orders are benign push back is because ford is going over every car after they are built from front to back one by one to make sure that there is no problems. the eta that is on cobs is worst case scenario. i know that the last thing you guys want to here but at least you know the reason why.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
The reason that all orders are benign push back is because ford is going over every car after they are built from front to back one by one to make sure that there is no problems. the eta that is on cobs is worst case scenario. i know that the last thing you guys want to here but at least you know the reason why.
If that's what's happening, my report is that Ford is doing the right thing. My car, delivered day before yesterday, is about as perfect as it can be. Sure rather have it in that condition a month "late" than "on time" with bat fitments, little problems and rattles. That would be no good at all.

Sponsored

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
Call me crazy but I'd rather have my car now as is. I'll worry about panel adjustments and rattles as the months wear on. Give me a correct EDD the first time and I would choose what to do from there...

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
My order was submitted on 9-16 and built first week of November. Initially Cotus said EDD was 11-11 then it was moved to 11-22 and now it got moved again to 12-4. Im honestly getting eady to cancel my order and maybe consider a subaru. This is ridiculous. When cotus puts a EDD the first time it should be the worst case scenario date so that people dont get their hopes up everytime
Are you serious?? I ordered my GT on 6/23. There are some who ordered before me, and we're still waiting for ours to be built. :headbonk:

Pharmer John

Dr. Beardface
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Guard
I posted this in another thread, but I have a theory as to what's going on with the craziness with the changing EDDs everyone is seeing. I think it all has to do with how COTUS calculates the EDD. Tracking your car through COTUS isn't the same as tracking a package through UPS in that the date COTUS gives you is almost 100% an estimate and is mostly based on how long previous orders have spent in each step. This is why you don't see an EDD until you have a VIN and it's relatively soon until your car is built. If you got an EDD as soon as the order was in the system it would be ridiculously far away and way off due to the number of unscheduled orders in the system and the way Ford does their allocations. They have no way to predict how long it will take your order to get scheduled so they don't even try.

However, after an order has been scheduled the rest of the process should take relatively the same amount of time for each car, barring any issues that pop up. Most of the variance will be in the transit step which is the most unpredictable and obviously differs depending on where the car is being delivered to. That's why you see most people getting their cars within about a week plus/minus of their EDD.

Anyway, here's my theory as to why people's EDDs are getting pushed back only to go back to normal after the car is shipped: a number of cars are stuck in the awaiting shipment stage and have been for some time. This drives up the average length of time of this step, which drives up the EDD. After you've passed this step, there are relatively few issues so the EDD goes back to what you were seeing before.

If you want to see what I'm talking about, look up this VIN on COTUS: 1FA6P8CF8F5301363. This is a stock order from the dealer where I ordered my car. Notice that it completed production on 9/24/14, almost two months ago, and is STILL awaiting shipment. I'm willing to bet there is some issue with this car and that it may never be delivered. I'm also willing to bet there are a number of other cars in the same situation. Every car that's stuck in limbo like this drives up the overall average of the awaiting shipment step, which is why people are seeing crazy EDDs. Again, once you get past this step everything goes back to normal.

This is all conjecture on my part and is based off how I think the system works based on what I've observed. I may be completely off base or only partially right. However, I think I'm close to the mark and the best advice is to ignore the EDD until your car has actually shipped as the date is meaningless before that point. Also, seeing your EDD get bumped prior to that point doesn't necessarily mean there is anything wrong with your order and is no reason to freak out.

grecoan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT performance package
yea there all produced there is 8000 cars sitting on a lot going through individual inspection. So the ETA was right to this point when they said that they were going to inspect the cars that's when it jumped up because they need to check though them all one by one. Ford wants to insure that the cars come to there customers perfect. its just frustrating waiting.

Pharmer John

Dr. Beardface
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Guard
The thing is that you have cars built later than the one I gave an example of that have already been delivered. It's obviously not every single car that's in this sort of limbo. There are many examples of people who had their dealer put their order in as a stock order so in order to try to game the system so they could get their cars sooner (Job #1 was only dealer stock orders) only to have their order get held up and in many cases still not delivered. I think it's these orders that are causing the EDDs in COTUS to go crazy since the system sees they've been sitting in "Awaiting Shipment" for almost two months, which skews the average time a car spends in that step very far to the right.

The fact that cars built AFTER these cars are going the the process in a reasonable amount of time means that Ford isn't doing some thorough, look-over-every-single-car-that-comes-off-the-line-with-a-fine-tooth-comb.

Sponsored

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
I posted this in another thread, but I have a theory as to what's going on with the craziness with the changing EDDs everyone is seeing. I think it all has to do with how COTUS calculates the EDD. Tracking your car through COTUS isn't the same as tracking a package through UPS in that the date COTUS gives you is almost 100% an estimate and is mostly based on how long previous orders have spent in each step. This is why you don't see an EDD until you have a VIN and it's relatively soon until your car is built. If you got an EDD as soon as the order was in the system it would be ridiculously far away and way off due to the number of unscheduled orders in the system and the way Ford does their allocations. They have no way to predict how long it will take your order to get scheduled so they don't even try.

However, after an order has been scheduled the rest of the process should take relatively the same amount of time for each car, barring any issues that pop up. Most of the variance will be in the transit step which is the most unpredictable and obviously differs depending on where the car is being delivered to. That's why you see most people getting their cars within about a week plus/minus of their EDD.

Anyway, here's my theory as to why people's EDDs are getting pushed back only to go back to normal after the car is shipped: a number of cars are stuck in the awaiting shipment stage and have been for some time. This drives up the average length of time of this step, which drives up the EDD. After you've passed this step, there are relatively few issues so the EDD goes back to what you were seeing before.

If you want to see what I'm talking about, look up this VIN on COTUS: 1FA6P8CF8F5301363. This is a stock order from the dealer where I ordered my car. Notice that it completed production on 9/24/14, almost two months ago, and is STILL awaiting shipment. I'm willing to bet there is some issue with this car and that it may never be delivered. I'm also willing to bet there are a number of other cars in the same situation. Every car that's stuck in limbo like this drives up the overall average of the awaiting shipment step, which is why people are seeing crazy EDDs. Again, once you get past this step everything goes back to normal.

This is all conjecture on my part and is based off how I think the system works based on what I've observed. I may be completely off base or only partially right. However, I think I'm close to the mark and the best advice is to ignore the EDD until your car has actually shipped as the date is meaningless before that point. Also, seeing your EDD get bumped prior to that point doesn't necessarily mean there is anything wrong with your order and is no reason to freak out.
I had a stock order that sat in the same spot for 6 weeks. Contacted ford (through the awesome Rachel with the FordService account) and she had a manager call me and say it was a part hold.

Based on what I've gleaned here that DOES NOT mean your car will not come. It merely means after your car was built, they put it in the Quality Control lot and it probably is still there. Someone may correct me, but there was day in Sept (9/17 or so?)where every car built before must go to the QC Lot. My dealership GM (also on here, Five Oh Brian) said your car is condemned when you lose the EPA info on your window sticker. If your sticker has EPA info, it is not condemned, I would imagine you are in the 'Part hold'.

So based on what we are reading here, we could be affecting the EDD with our cars and the delays.

My car:
VIN# *F5303253
In Order Proc: 8.28.14
In Prod: 9.10.14
Awaiting Shipment: 10.29.14
EDD: 11/23. Was: 11/16, changed to 11/21, now 11/23.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I had a stock order that sat in the same spot for 6 weeks. Contacted ford (through the awesome Rachel with the FordService account) and she had a manager call me and say it was a part hold.

Based on what I've gleaned here that DOES NOT mean your car will not come. It merely means after your car was built, they put it in the Quality Control lot and it probably is still there. Someone may correct me, but there was day in Sept (9/17 or so?)where every car built before must go to the QC Lot. My dealership GM (also on here, Five Oh Brian) said your car is condemned when you lose the EPA info on your window sticker. If your sticker has EPA info, it is not condemned, I would imagine you are in the 'Part hold'.

So based on what we are reading here, we could be affecting the EDD with our cars and the delays.

My car:
VIN# *F5303253
In Order Proc: 8.28.14
In Prod: 9.10.14
Awaiting Shipment: 10.29.14
EDD: 11/23. Was: 11/16, changed to 11/21, now 11/23.
Note that NO car built before the OK To Buy (OKTB) on 9/28 has been delivered, so far as I know. ALL the cars delivered have been built on or after that day. The earlier cars are all on QC Hold, though that doesn't mean that nearly all of them will be crushed. Most will be inspected, or inspected and repaired, and then delivered, once Ford has the time to deal with them.

This process was not apparent to early orderers, and those that placed orders for Dealer Stock cars before 7/14 have been seeing produced cars "stuck" in Michigan. It was all very exciting to see them build very early, but the reality is those who waited a bit, and those who ordered Retail early, have ended up driving sooner.

Sorry you are caught up in it all. Your car will very likely be delivered some time fairly soon. It's just impossible to know exactly when that will be. Inspections and repairs are made on a Last In, First Out basis (LIFO), so the 9/27 cars will be out before your 9/10 car, which will be out before the really early 8/28 cars.

Good luck, and what an opportunity to practice patience!

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
Yep no worries. It was interesting learning the process, just wanted to share what I've learned so far. I wasn't in the market for a new car until the end of September, so I would have missed the chance to get a retail order in the first few waves. Don't mind dealing with the delays for a Stock order. My parents had a 66 coupe growing up which they traced to Job 2 for that year, so its kinda cool that my 'stang will still be Job 1.

All in all, sounds like I will still get my car before the holidays, so I will have something to show the family.

Joker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT
Soooo...I checked cotus today, and it said it had arrived already. Haven't gotten a phone call from my dealer but I'm pretty sure it takes like a day or two to process it. That means that Cotus was off since it said 11-23, but it arrived yesterday (11-13). I guess I just have to wait and see if I get a call tomorrow.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Note that NO car built before the OK To Buy (OKTB) on 9/28 has been delivered, so far as I know. ALL the cars delivered have been built on or after that day. The earlier cars are all on QC Hold, though that doesn't mean that nearly all of them will be crushed. Most will be inspected, or inspected and repaired, and then delivered, once Ford has the time to deal with them.

This process was not apparent to early orderers, and those that placed orders for Dealer Stock cars before 7/14 have been seeing produced cars "stuck" in Michigan. It was all very exciting to see them build very early, but the reality is those who waited a bit, and those who ordered Retail early, have ended up driving sooner.

Sorry you are caught up in it all. Your car will very likely be delivered some time fairly soon. It's just impossible to know exactly when that will be. Inspections and repairs are made on a Last In, First Out basis (LIFO), so the 9/27 cars will be out before your 9/10 car, which will be out before the really early 8/28 cars.

Good luck, and what an opportunity to practice patience!
my dealer has got 1, vin 2564 or so,
Sponsored