would you

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
In my experience, most accidents in the winter are caused by people not realizing they can't stop in time and AWD vehicles are usually involved.
Yep. Inexperienced people go out and buy an AWD/4X4 vehicle, and don't understand that while they can go a bit better, they can't stop any faster.
Sponsored

CarmeloS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carmelo
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands
Done it before and Ill do it again

unless you lived somewhere with shit ton of snow, like Canada or New England, no reason you couldnt just slap on snow tires and be a badass amongst the sheeple

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Thanks to global warming. NJ winters havnt been that bad imo. If I have to commute to work (50) miles and its crummy out, the stang stays in the garage. No need to when there's a jeep available for that duty. i do agree that it's just a regular mustang and not anything special for long term investment so IT IS driven year-round - i just give it a day off when there's too much salt/snow/ice on the roads.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Driving in the winter has nothing to do with how much power the vehicle makes. Throttles are not ON/OFF switches.
Yes, I know. But even when applying very light throttle, it will slip especially when pulling out from a stop and turning. Granted the Mustang is heavier but the stock Pirellis would be very bad at sub-freezing temperatures. But, I won't put snows on it because I don't have money to throw around for a spare set of wheels and tires (plus I really don't want all that salt from the roads on the undercarriage anyway, which is why I'll use my Honda for these conditions.)

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Yes, I know. But even when applying very light throttle, it will slip especially when pulling out from a stop and turning. Granted the Mustang is heavier but the stock Pirellis would be very bad at sub-freezing temperatures. But, I won't put snows on it because I don't have money to throw around for a spare set of wheels and tires (plus I really don't want all that salt from the roads on the undercarriage anyway, which is why I'll use my Honda for these conditions.)
Stock Pirellis are terrible and the car goes flailing about uncontrollably with the slightest amount of gas? Must be those terrible Pirellis that make all the drivers lose it at cars and coffee too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stangyota

stangyota

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
it is for all the above reasons why i do not drive the mustang in the snow. Because i don't have to. My daily is a toyota tunra 4x4 , i need this truck because i am in the building industry. keep in mind that i do not look down apon those that chose to drive their mustangs , bmws , corvets, porches, ect. in winter conditions. Big cohoonas to you guys!!!!!

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Stock Pirellis are terrible and the car goes flailing about uncontrollably with the slightest amount of gas? Must be those terrible Pirellis that make all the drivers lose it at cars and coffee too.
It actually does when it's got snow on the road and temp is below 30 degs. F. They were "fine" in 90 deg. F tropical weather, but not so much here in the snow with ice underneath it on the surface of the road. As someone mentioned, the only thing that works there are studded snow tires.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
It actually does when it's got snow on the road and temp is below 30 degs. F. They were "fine" in 90 deg. F tropical weather, but not so much here in the snow with ice underneath it on the surface of the road. As someone mentioned, the only thing that works there are studded snow tires.
Sorry, I was being sarcastic. Myself and I'm sure many others here just spent the last week driving around in ice and snow on those same Pirellis. Unless of course you're running around on the summer only tires and blaming the car for how those do on snow?

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
Ordinarily I drive my Mustang in the winter.
But if the uphill road I live on hasn't been cleared, I drive my AWD Maserati...
snow2.jpg

TDChi-Town

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Convertible GT California Special
saw a bmw m3 dark blue with black quad tips with glose blak rims at the grocery yesterday, beatiful car, however the roades where covered in salt due to the recent snow storm and i was thinking why would you drive that car under these conditions, salt ,sluch, snow. my mustang is garage kept during the winter.
my friend told me they like to drive there cars and not just look at them in storage. Ok i get it but i am not subjecting my investment to winter elemants. Would YOU ?
I
Not only would I, I actually do. Raining now so a lot of the salt has been rinsed off by Mother Nature. But I will be going to the touchless wash this week as well. Finally above freezing after a week and a half of well below freezing temps

IMG_2587.jpeg

IMG_2588.jpeg
I only have my Convertible 2019 California Special stick shift. I drive it in winter. I minimize trips when the snow is deep or really messy. The first or second day it is above freezing I go to a do it yourself car wash and wash the under carriage of the car and then apply the water-wax liquid all over the BOTTOM of my car and the wheel wells.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I

I only have my Convertible 2019 California Special stick shift. I drive it in winter. I minimize trips when the snow is deep or really messy. The first or second day it is above freezing I go to a do it yourself car wash and wash the under carriage of the car and then apply the water-wax liquid all over the BOTTOM of my car and the wheel wells.
I’ve been to the DIY wash three times in the last 4 days LOL. Making sure I got all the salt off. Brought a few towels so I could lay on the ground and spray the undercarriage really good. I got a few looks but I don’t care 🤣

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
saw a bmw m3 dark blue with black quad tips with glose blak rims at the grocery yesterday, beatiful car, however the roades where covered in salt due to the recent snow storm and i was thinking why would you drive that car under these conditions, salt ,sluch, snow. my mustang is garage kept during the winter.
my friend told me they like to drive there cars and not just look at them in storage. Ok i get it but i am not subjecting my investment to winter elemants. Would YOU ?
It was probably a lease.

CarmeloS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carmelo
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands
Yep. Inexperienced people go out and buy an AWD/4X4 vehicle, and don't understand that while they can go a bit better, they can't stop any faster.
I had an A4 I got stuck in snow while it was stock height, and my old Mustang went up and down my parents driveway on a hill with uhpas tires with ease when dads old Boxster and my friends regular cars would get stuck

tires/ground clearnace>awd
Sponsored