would you

Mgt2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
It's a car and meant to be driven. Take it out and enjoy it. All of my Mustangs have been year round cars, even when I had a 45 mile one way commute from Port Huron to downtown Detroit.

When I was young and could only have 1 car, I made the sacrifice and drove my Mustangs in the winter because I rather do that than not have one at all. Now that I am older and plan to keep my car, I will not drive it in the salt and shit... rather keep it nice. I was going to get a Scat Pack before I got the S550 and I was planning to drive that year round because I knew I wasn't going to keep it forever and wouldn't have cared about that car like I do the Mustang.

I love my pp2 mustang as much as most of you guys love your Mustang, but I also drive it every time I have a chance. Sometimes I would even take it on a 2 hour drive and turn around come right back home😎😀. Why? Because I realize this is my baby not the wife’s baby, when you’re no longer around (dead) your baby will be sold to the lowest bidder. Why? Because that was your baby not hers. Just enjoy the car as time is permitting.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
@gone_n_60 since we are showing picture of classics- every time I see your name .....it makes me think of my old car......just click on the video and see my license plate and you will see why....

Got Time To Burn? We've Got Tires To Burn! (youtube.com)

And yes...thats an original/real one/ original engine ....just me treating it like the investment it was ...lol
I’ve had that video saved in my “Likes” for a few years now. Such a beautiful car!

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
@gone_n_60 since we are showing picture of classics- every time I see your name .....it makes me think of my old car......just click on the video and see my license plate and you will see why....

Got Time To Burn? We've Got Tires To Burn! (youtube.com)

And yes...thats an original/real one/ original engine ....just me treating it like the investment it was ...lol
Oh that is so cool! tbh when my tires get to being beat I'd do the same thing. Burn out fun!! Love the license plate and seriously REALLY seriously the original movie is one of the BEST car chases (next to Bullit) and the MOST hilariously awfully done too.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I’ve had that video saved in my “Likes” for a few years now. Such a beautiful car!
Thank you....owned it for 21 years so definitely had my fun with it.... but enjoying my S550 just as much but for completely different reasons... definitely miss that car though....

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Oh that is so cool! tbh when my tires get to being beat I'd do the same thing. Burn out fun!! Love the license plate and seriously REALLY seriously the original movie is one of the BEST car chases (next to Bullit) and the MOST hilariously awfully done too.
Thank you and yes the original movie and Bullitt are some of my absolute favorites!!

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Ok i get it but i am not subjecting my investment to winter elemants.
If you bought your car purely as an investment vessel, then yes obviously keeping it stored indoors and not driven is the best choice. I didn't say a good choice, I said best choice. Keeping a standard GT as an investment is a very poor decision and no matter how clean it may be it will never appreciate or get you a return...it's value will only decline.

Secondly, modern cars are better and better at surviving the elements. Alot of them come with coatings and such that prevent issues from happening long term. So I wouldn't necessarily be afraid of a little salt, it's not going to melt the car.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I love my pp2 mustang as much as most of you guys love your Mustang, but I also drive it every time I have a chance. Sometimes I would even take it on a 2 hour drive and turn around come right back home😎😀. Why? Because I realize this is my baby not the wife’s baby, when you’re no longer around (dead) your baby will be sold to the lowest bidder. Why? Because that was your baby not hers. Just enjoy the car as time is permitting.
my car is going to my son when I’m dead, I know he’ll want to keep it, so not leaving him a rusty piece of shit because I also don’t want a rusty piece of shit. It’s cool if you don’t want yours to last and look nice tho. I drive mine a lot. Probably more than some of you guys that drive yours year round, lol.

Twotall77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessiah
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I was looking at your location and thought Tennessee, that much snow???!!!! Then I googled Bristol and looks like your in the Appalachians so I get it now. Geez man.
btw your state name has too many double letters. LOL
Bristol did get snow but it wasn't a lot. But this pic was taken last week in Knoxville. Which is about an hour an half west of Bristol lol

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If you bought your car purely as an investment vessel, then yes obviously keeping it stored indoors and not driven is the best choice. I didn't say a good choice, I said best choice. Keeping a standard GT as an investment is a very poor decision and no matter how clean it may be it will never appreciate or get you a return...it's value will only decline.

Secondly, modern cars are better and better at surviving the elements. Alot of them come with coatings and such that prevent issues from happening long term. So I wouldn't necessarily be afraid of a little salt, it's not going to melt the car.
Apparently you haven't looked for a mint Fox GT lately.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
It's only taken my lifetime for that investment to mature, once you subtract storage and maintenance you'd have been much better off with even a basic mutual fund. I love cool cars at least as much as the next guy but you have to be realistic about them. Besides, if I had a mint LX or GT you know I'd be off doing burnouts in it. There's no amount of discipline in the world that'll scratch that itch.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Sure I'll play. This is the most expensive 85 to 93 GT in the country today:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/b010d9d7-f435-4ce7-bcd0-a2aa0ca0e150/

$42,500 in today's money is worth roughly $17,600 in 1990. The MSRP of 1990 convertible GT was $19,864.

So after storing the car for 33 years (which includes maintenance and insurance to the tunes of thousands of dollars) the original owner would have turned $20k into $17k. That's what I would call a dumb investment strategy.

Or if you want to talk in today's money, he turned the equivalent of $47k into $42k.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Sure I'll play. This is the most expensive 85 to 93 GT in the country today:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/b010d9d7-f435-4ce7-bcd0-a2aa0ca0e150/

$42,500 in today's money is worth roughly $17,600 in 1990. The MSRP of 1990 convertible GT was $19,864.

So after storing the car for 33 years (which includes maintenance and insurance to the tunes of thousands of dollars) the original owner would have turned $20k into $17k. That's what I would call a dumb investment strategy.
You know how to make a million dollars with a race car? Start with two million.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT/CS
saw a bmw m3 dark blue with black quad tips with glose blak rims at the grocery yesterday, beatiful car, however the roades where covered in salt due to the recent snow storm and i was thinking why would you drive that car under these conditions, salt ,sluch, snow. my mustang is garage kept during the winter.
my friend told me they like to drive there cars and not just look at them in storage. Ok i get it but i am not subjecting my investment to winter elemants. Would YOU ?
Not intentionally. My situation is that my Mustang is a partial recreational vehicle - summer fair weather daily. Now that does not completely eliminate the possibility of a late spring snow or an unexpected rain storm catching me out and about, so I'm not completely OCD about it, but I do the best that I can to keep the Mustang looking great and rust-free, while driving as much as I can in nice weather.

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Where I came from(S.W. PA) we bought winter zomers to bomb around in, then junked them, or sold them for a couple hundred bucks in the spring. I parked my "nice" car behind my parents house on the back patio because we only had a one car garage, no way were my mom and dad giving up that spot in winter. To remedy it completely, I moved to warm places.
Sponsored