Sponsored

Worst luck ever? What do I do?

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I had PDR done to my 2009 Mustang. Literally could not tell unless you knew where the dent was, and it was about a baseball size in the front next to the headlight too. Doesn't go on Carfax as it's not an insurance repair. As long as no one says anything itll never get on there; which PDR usually wont go on Carfax.

I agree, they have to fix the car anyway. when it gets there look at it and decide. It could be 3-5 tiny dents that any basic PDR guy could take out in 10 minutes. Not a lot of info yet.

It could happen once you bought a 2017 too. It doesnt mean the car is worth less or to pass on it though. I wouldn't pass on it if it had some tiny PDR done. You would never know if they never told you if its that minor.

I would say the dealership is more honest than most; most would've paid the PDR guy to pull the dents same day and got it shipped over and never said a word. I GUARANTEE some of the S550s got "touched up" some way or another between Ford and the dealership and people never knew.
Sponsored

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
Man get your money back and find a new one

OP
OP
VoodooV8

VoodooV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Small update:

He said he can't get photos.
"It'll be fixed before I ever see it".
It'd be a 120 mile drive once again (said it again) to get photos.
"Everyone else is selling for 10k over, I don't need to discount it, it'd look good as new."
Says he can't order the 17' as the slots are already taken.
Either I pass it up and he refunds me $1000 deposit.. or I keep it.

Almost sounds like he's trying to get me to budge so he can flip it... hmm.

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Totally agree. I feel like he's feeding you a line so that he can sell it to someone else for more money.

Truly, I'm so sorry :-(

Sponsored

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
Correct me if I am wrong. If someone else outbids you at the moment, can the dealership simply sell the car to that guy without letting you know or letting you sign something? If they have to make you "refuse" taking delivery to be able to sell it to another person, I would suggest you give him vague answers until the car arrives and you got a chance to look at it.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Without going through 4 pages of threads, has this been brought up? Do we not have a member in the area of the dealership to help you out? Go check out the car and give you some feed back? Next thing, although I've seen the cars on the trucks loaded backwards, actually forward which in this case backwards,,,,,? I've never seen them on top deck. So the car more than likely had a vehicle above it or at least the loading ramps.
In worst case, lest say the hood is really messed up along with trunk lid and roof. Lest just say next car you find is $5000 ADM that leaves you with $4k to buy a new hood and trunk lid and PDR roof.
I don't like the ADM, but am realistic and understand and don't hate the dealer for charging, but if this guy made a deal at $1k over now knows he can get more from someone else,,,,,,, I'd buy it just to piss him off.
Good luck with this, try and find a member in the area to go look at this thing.

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Ok the way I see it is the dealership is testing the water with you. you should not have to decide yet. If stick with it until you can physically put eyes on it after the repair.

Not so sure this is shady. Just risk management on their part. If it got scratched or dented at the factory and was repaired, do the have to tell you? Or just be obligated to warranty any defects. I believe it is the latter.

They are just at the mercy of transportation goons that do not care if it is a fiesta or a GT350. Not being able to get a picture is probably more difficult than it needs to be.

MJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTR & 2004 Cobra 490 RWHP
Depending on where the dealership is located, i would consider contacting the local newspaper who usually has a consumer advocate column. If they are jerking you around, once that hits the paper they will change their position.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
This sounds crazy, but I wish this had happened to my car. While I do love it 95% out of 100%, I wish I had saved up some more coin, and done the work to get a 350R. Just because of the rarity and novelty of it.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
This sounds crazy, but I wish this had happened to my car. While I do love it 95% out of 100%, I wish I had saved up some more coin, and done the work to get a 350R. Just because of the rarity and novelty of it.
Bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush. If youre really that serious, you can still sell your car at a minimal loss, if any.

ddub68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Just thought about this. Some of the panels they will be working on are undoubtedly aluminum if it got hit all over. This takes a little different method and a more experienced and highly trained technician to do the PDR right...Curious to see the outcome

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Just thought about this. Some of the panels they will be working on are undoubtedly aluminum if it got hit all over. This takes a little different method and a more experienced and highly trained technician to do the PDR right...Curious to see the outcome
I had a little PDR done on my passenger front quarter just above the headlight -- my neighbors motorcycle tent fell over on it in a storm -- I'm pretty sure that's what did it. The technician (I've been to him a couple of times) I've used is very good -- he said for that spot, he could only glue-pull -- and it looks brand new. My damage was very light to begin with. It all just depends on how far someone is willing to go with it -- the less there is to begin with, the less there is to do -- but as with many things, the most work is in that last 1-2%... As they say 90% done, 90% to go...

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
My old Evo got messed up in a hail storm and PDR made it look like nothing ever happened. And that was on aluminum skin!

Keep the deal, make them fix it, and find out if there's any way you can get them to refund your $1K since you had to wait so long. They have insurance to cover things like that.
Sponsored