Sponsored

Why I won't let any dealers drive my car when I am not there.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
Seems like people get a little worked up over these videos. I just don't think it's that serious.

As if none of you would have married your wives because someone took her to redline before you did. It's a car. Get over it and enjoy the MACHINE for what it is. Salesman putting it to a new performance vehicle on the lot has happened for many many moons and will continue for many more.
You must be one of these salesman making these youtube videos. lol

There is no way to justify a dealer taking out a custom ordered 60k sports car and beating on it before the owner takes delivery.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Idk the dealer but they are asking $89,000 for the car apparently and yet they run it up to redline before it's broken in!? Hope the driver of the car gets fired from the dealer because this is unacceptable. Anyway enjoy the video! I'm curious as to what others think of it as well.
They seemed very responsible and careful and it doesn't bother me at all.

WTF, it's the dealership's car, they can do what they want!
I bet the dealership doesn't condone pushing the car at all during PDI. However, I know for darn sure 99% of owners are going to drive the car way harder than that.

edit: Also people buy new expecting this to have never happened to the car... If they wanted some abused mustang they would buy used
That was hardly abuse. I don't think he even squeaked the tires, much less overly slipping the clutch, etc. I thought it wasn't bad at all.

The only difference between today and the 80 or so years prior to this event is the fact that now people have smart phones and feel they need to record it. I worked at a major auto mall when I was in my 20's and this is nothing. Cars have been subject to this so called "abuse" since the first Model A's rolled off Henry Ford's assembly line. If youtube was available in 1927 you would have watched 2 salesman pass a horse at 4 miles an hour while they were yelling to each other like the 2 fools in Ferris Buellers Day Off.
:lol: So true.

There is no way to justify a dealer taking out a custom ordered 60k sports car and beating on it before the owner takes delivery.
Like I said before, the dealership management probably doesn't condone this. I wouldn't call that treatment beating on the car, though. If so, I beat on all my Fords on a daily basis. Guess what, they are built to take it. :ford: I wouldn't hesitate to buy that car. Based on the video, nothing unreasonable was done at all.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

I bought the very same thing...

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'm not going to argue that a guy who goes by the handle "Hack" doesn't beat on his cars... ;)

But that being said, they are YOUR cars to beat. What if that car had gotten destroyed cause numbnuts couldn't control the torque band at 4-5k RPM? Then what would be the compromise? The owner who had waited for 8 months plus now waits until he can FIND another allocation?

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If the car couldn't handle a mere 4-5k RPM (out of 8,000 RPM) and got "destroyed" Id sure as hell want to know it before driving it myself and getting stranded somewhere frankly. Better is die before I took delivery and it was addressed.

That's kind of a ridiculous argument that a FPC engine cant be revved extremely safely in the 4k range.

If you don't want the dealer driving the car then SAY SO. I didnt want my GT driven other than to the PDI station and left there not even .5 a mile and it was honored just fine. Car had 12 total miles and no one touched it otherwise off the truck, so clearly it was driven some at the plant. I'm not "freaking out" if someone revved it at the plant nor am I letting it diminish the fun of the car.

Be there when it's delivered and check the mileage even if you cannot take it then and refuse to sign or pay if it has more miles if it's that big of a deal to you. I think 50 Deep's odd comment central idea holds true. "New" isn't always "virgin" untouched, as I mentioned the beat many supercars on a track at the plant before giving them to customers. I don't see any of those owners freaking out and their cars cost 5 to dozens of times what a 350 does.

If you worry yourself to death with what ifs then you'll just make yourself crazy instead of enjoy your car.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua

Wait until you get your car - you're going to see that they were barely halway up the RPM range - it screams a lot harder than those light shifts!! It's going to shock you.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
Wait until you get your car - you're going to see that they were barely halway up the RPM range - it screams a lot harder than those light shifts!! It's going to shock you.
ughhh i can't wait. only a few more weeks.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I'm not saying it would have damaged the car necessarily but really what it comes down to is if i custom order, and wait for a sports car like this(particularly a limited production car) I want to be the first one to drive it, beyond the factory testing of course. I see no reason for a salesman to drive my car. I'm also a little OCD and reset the accelerometer and note the mileage before I even leave my GT for service.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
WTF, it's the dealership's car, they can do what they want!
NO its not there car..Its FORDS until its paid for, they are just paying floor plan on the car (interest) Also what about the poor guy who wants to buy it and does care how it was broke in. If I owned the dealership and found this out I fire their butts on the spot. You know they knew better because they did not want the car coming back after the hot run...thus letting it cool down.

Detroit350

Detroit350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 350 AG/White OTR Tech
Wow. You guys act as if this engine cannot take the "abuse." I find it amusing that for 60k everyone is expecting a one off, bespoke vehicle. I received mine about a week ago and loved driving it around metro Detroit, knowing the roads still have salt on them. In a few years, these cars, like most other Fords, will NOT be worth what I paid for it. Why don't you that actually own one just go and drive.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
The big difference is that was you doing what you want with your car, which nobody objects to. The video was some jackass in somebody else's car. Big difference.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
Wow. You guys act as if this engine cannot take the "abuse." I find it amusing that for 60k everyone is expecting a one off, bespoke vehicle. I received mine about a week ago and loved driving it around metro Detroit, knowing the roads still have salt on them. In a few years, these cars, like most other Fords, will NOT be worth what I paid for it. Why don't you that actually own one just go and drive.
I don't think anyone is saying it can't handle it. I would just want to be the first one to rip her open if I custom ordered any car, I don't care if its a chevy volt... I paid for a NEW CAR. If it sat on the lot its understandable because people test drive them but thats why many people order theirs, they want it to be "untainted".

My car had about 17 miles on it when I got it, had been at the dealer for two days and I can almost guarantee you a few people took it out and went wide open with it, thats fine with me as I didn't want to wait for the custom order

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Wow...

Took my wife to redline... That somehow justifies two idiots manhandling someone else's property. I see it as akin to rape or stealing this car's virginity.

Dumbest statement of the year... It's early on in the year so you got time. Someone will come by and take that crown from you. Don't worry.
Man handling a car would be a trip to the drag strip or a road course. If you think some trips to near redline on the street are taking the cars virginity/rape then you must be extra sensitive.

My statement is far from dumb. It comes from a non elitist point of view. Reality will set in and you will realize It's just a MUSTANG. In shear from no NOBODY will care about how many times your car went to redline before you bought it. Get over it boys.
Sponsored