Sponsored

Why I won't let any dealers drive my car when I am not there.

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
These guys were up to no good and even say they need to let it cool off after getting on it. That could be a customers car that IS sold? They could of at least aske the chick walking down the road if she needed a ride like true gentlemen?
Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
These guys were up to no good and even say they need to let it cool off after getting on it. That could be a customers car that IS sold? They could of at least aske the chick walking down the road if she needed a ride like true gentlemen?
I'd be willing to bet the car is already sold just not picked up yet.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Part of the PDI is to drive the car and check for proper alignment, squeaks and rattles, unusual noises, etc. Those guys didn't seem to mistreat the car at all, unless I misse something. I actually don't see the big deal. Also, I have a yellow with black stripes track pack that just arrived at the dealer. That could be my car! I'll have to pay attention to the area when I go pick it up and see if any of those streets look familiar.

Never mind. I see a sign for Flagstaff at the beginning, so I'm guessing the dealer is in Arizona. Not my car.

-T
I gotta agree here. This isn't a GT its a 350, it revs high stepping on the gas. That's what the engine was built to do.

I didn't hear it hit redline and it wasn't an ultra hard pull.

I didn't see at any point the car was really being abused. Maybe a hair beyond how it should've been driven, but I mean it wasnt tearing around corners fill redline sliding out the back end here.

Ya'll are full of sh*t if someone handed you keys to another FPC car like a Ferrari to go drive a few miles and you didn't give it a lil gas too.

edit: Also people buy new expecting this to have never happened to the car... If they wanted some abused mustang they would buy used
That's unrealistic consumers. Many brand cars go through road testing; go watch those How It's Made Dream Cars on Velocity. They race the McLarens and many other much more expensive cars on a track before it gets delivered to the customer.

Just because someone drove it a few miles doesn't make it tainted. There are MANY worse examples of dealers abusing cars than this relatively uneventful drive.

Last edited:

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Dealership owns the car not the salesman that can't afford the damage he might be doing, let alone the whole car. Its just irritating because they could cause potential future failures, which ford will refuse to fix because someone but a CAI on the car.

edit: Also people buy new expecting this to have never happened to the car... If they wanted some abused mustang they would buy used

Seriously, if you buy a GT350 with more than 10 miles on it and think nothing like this could happen, you're crazy!

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
My dealer and I did the PDI together - Master tech drove and I rode along. Didn't shift over 3k - did various speeds, slightly bumpy roads and just listened for anything - after we confirmed car was running up to spec we headed back to the dealer.

Handing the keys to someone and expecting them not to drive a little harder when the customer is not around is tough - it would be like handing them Pamela Anderson back in the 90's and saying can't look. I know i'd be tempted to hear that exhaust - best to just cancel out all temptation and ride along.

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Seriously, if you buy a GT350 with more than 10 miles on it and think nothing like this could happen, you're crazy!
Mine arrived off the truck with 27 miles in transport mode from the factory...

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
The only difference between today and the 80 or so years prior to this event is the fact that now people have smart phones and feel they need to record it. I worked at a major auto mall when I was in my 20's and this is nothing. Cars have been subject to this so called "abuse" since the first Model A's rolled off Henry Ford's assembly line. If youtube was available in 1927 you would have watched 2 salesman pass a horse at 4 miles an hour while they were yelling to each other like the 2 fools in Ferris Buellers Day Off.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
If the car is not sold yet, isn't it the dealers property?
They can do whatever they want with it
WTF, it's the dealership's car, they can do what they want!

Absolutely, as long as whoever comes in to buy that car, they disclose to him that some jackass has been driving the car like that.

Ya'll are full of sh*t if someone handed you keys to another FPC car like a Ferrari to go drive a few miles and you didn't give it a lil gas too.
F**k no, I wouldn't give it "a lil gas", if the car belonged to someone else who I know wouldn't want me to do any such thing. I respect other people's property.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Or maybe you just work with a dealer where the people who work there respect the products and their customers. :cheers:

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
F**k no, I wouldn't give it "a lil gas", if the car belonged to someone else who I know wouldn't want me to do any such thing. I respect other people's property.
Thank you!!! I thought I was the only one. I've been given several opportunities to drive expensive vehicles (Nissan GTR, Audi R8 V10, Classic Recreations Eleanor) and I never gave it any gas. I was grateful to even touch those cars but would never gas another individual or dealers car.

Sponsored

ronda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
1966 Shelby GT350
WTF, it's the dealership's car, they can do what they want!
I put down a substantial down payment when I ordered my car as well as most of us on this forum. These are our cars (or the banks cars!) not the yahoo "test driving" the car.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Seems like people get a little worked up over these videos. I just don't think it's that serious.

As if none of you would have married your wives because someone took her to redline before you did. It's a car. Get over it and enjoy the MACHINE for what it is. Salesman putting it to a new performance vehicle on the lot has happened for many many moons and will continue for many more.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
As if none of you would have married your wives because someone took her to redline before you did. It's a car. Get over it and enjoy the MACHINE for what it is. Salesman putting it to a new performance vehicle on the lot has happened for many many moons and will continue for many more.
Wow...

Took my wife to redline... That somehow justifies two idiots manhandling someone else's property. I see it as akin to rape or stealing this car's virginity.

Dumbest statement of the year... It's early on in the year so you got time. Someone will come by and take that crown from you. Don't worry.

Last edited:

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
It's a shame the dealerships even let people like this behind the wheel. I remember years ago when I used to work at a Toyota dealership they told me whenever they had a Supra at on the lot, the ONLY people who had access to the keys were the dealership owner and the GM. They simply couldn't trust anyone else with the keys. I believe this is what they do at many Nissan dealers with GTRs. And this is how is should be with the Shelbys.
Sponsored