Sponsored

Who is selling their 350 for a 2018 GT?

Wyldfyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I know - crazy, right?

The new GT looks like it might have mag ride, a lowered gt350-style nose (maybe minus fender vents, but still looks lower), 10-speed,dual-mode exhaust, a 2nd level of performance pack (maybe big brakes or additional cooling there?) and I think it could sport the CP 5.2.

If all of that happens, it's a big leap towards the GT350 performance level at what will likely be a much lower price tag.

I really enjoy driving the R but I haven't been able to convince myself to leave it parked anywhere that I cant see it ;) A GT with the above specs could certainly be a TON of fun while causing slightly less anxiety.
But a 100,000 people per year will have your same car...
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Why would I take a depreciation hit for a car that is extremely similar to my current one? I'll just keep my current one.

I guess if you want the 10 speed auto and get away from the MT I get it.

smbstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Doubt you'll find anyone that will be selling theirs for a normal 2018 GT, but what you will find is people considering the normal GT with these options over the GT350 when shopping.

IF you can get one with the magnetic shocks, brembos, recaros and some coolers, you'll find a lot of the track or performance focused guys who don't have a GT350 yet strongly considering the normal GT, as the main difference is then really the engine, and the nameplate. No doubt the 5.2 FPC is an awesome and amazing engine, but for someone that would rather save a couple $$$ and still get an incredible value, that may be the ticket.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Many will do it...
For lots of reasons...
Some may want/need the 10 sp auto...
Others just waste money trading cars every year or two...(a good shrink would be better and cheaper in the long run but hey, their life)
Not a put down- just reality.
Look at how many have already sold off their GT350s and got something else...after going ape nuts trying to get one...

I remember back when the 01 Bullitt, 03 Mach 1, 03 Cobra Terminators came out...guys were going nuts trying to get one and stating on forums that it was the greatest car ever made and they wouldn't sell theirs for $100,000 and they were going to keep the car forever....blah blah blah...there will always be something, new, better, different....

Side note, not meant as a put down...but...what is old is new again. Why does each generation think they have discovered something no one hasn't thought of before....to quote a line from the movie Coal Miners Daughter- "what, you think you discovered something the rest of the world ain't caught on to".

Back in 1969 a very high level Executive at Ford was quoted: "Show a guy a car he can't have and he will go nuts".

The car he was talking about: 1969 Boss 302. Just a little over 1600 produced for 69. No internet searches back then...you had to dig for information, cold call, have a friend who knew a guy, or just got lucky and stumbled across one, to buy one. And yeah...ADMs big time with many dealers back then. (I was too young to drive let alone buy one but my oldest sister had friends crying about it--like a college student was gonna come up with the money back then--didn't stop them from dreaming though).

All the issues with the 2015/16/17 GT350 (finding, buying, buyers claiming it to be the greatest car ever) and owners swearing they will keep them forever ain't nothing new.

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wonder if Performance Pack 2 is going to be similar to the 1LE in that it's a very stand alone package with all of the performance bits, dual exhaust, Magneride, unique suspension suspension bits like bigger sway bars, wheels and tires. Maybe the 10 speed auto option available to pair, seats, and some trim bits but focused only to the base trim (300A spec or whatever). Option it out and put it around the firing range of the SS 1LE as well. Maybe $40K or so to undercut the 1LE too.

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
The only way the GT350 goes is if I go for a legit race car.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I wonder if Performance Pack 2 is going to be similar to the 1LE in that it's a very stand alone package with all of the performance bits, dual exhaust, Magneride, unique suspension suspension bits like bigger sway bars, wheels and tires. Maybe the 10 speed auto option available to pair, seats, and some trim bits but focused only to the base trim (300A spec or whatever). Option it out and put it around the firing range of the SS 1LE as well. Maybe $40K or so to undercut the 1LE too.
That's what I was thinking would be interesting.

I hear ya guys - and I agree that already having this car makes it easier to just keep it. I don't care much about the name..at all. One thing I didn't like about the GT was the very high front fender/nose and it looks like they are going to resolve that. I've always recognized the GT as a performance bargain and if they outfit it as above, IMO, it will be the ultimate bargain - likely in line to win many more magazine tests. ;) I have to wonder how many magazines will praise it for being just as fast as the GT350s were 1 year prior, at almost half the cost (in some cases).

I can see this beating up the value of the 350s a bit, as well. I know some people say they aren't selling theirs...and I have no plan to sell mine...but things change and I'd rather not feel married to a car. Dare I bring up the initial price of the Z28 and what they could be had for recently...and the fact that they will be hard to unload at all due to even the ZL1 overall value, not to mention the NEXT Z28. I know it doesn't have the "vibe" of the 350s but...just food for thought.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I know - crazy, right?

The new GT looks like it might have mag ride, a lowered gt350-style nose (maybe minus fender vents, but still looks lower), 10-speed,dual-mode exhaust, a 2nd level of performance pack (maybe big brakes or additional cooling there?) and I think it could sport the CP 5.2.

If all of that happens, it's a big leap towards the GT350 performance level at what will likely be a much lower price tag.

I really enjoy driving the R but I haven't been able to convince myself to leave it parked anywhere that I cant see it ;) A GT with the above specs could certainly be a TON of fun while causing slightly less anxiety.
I agree with all your views of the additional parts minus the 5.2 cpc. I don't think 2018 will bring that yet. But I would think ford will add the ford performance GT350 intake manifold, TB and CAI. They claim it adds 37hp over a stock 5.0 (472hp) and is 50 state legal already. A 472hp 5.0 would be an awesome GT with a A10, Magnaride and dual mode exhaust.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I don't have a 350 but I don't see myself wanting magnaride on a Mustang if the suspension still looks like a 4x4 with it. The Camaro, stock (magnaride or not) looks fine without lowering springs. I don't think you can put lowering springs on a magnaride car... not that I'm aware of.
4x4? Really!
The only reason why you don't see lowering springs on a GT350 is....
1) the counterwound rear spring.
2) watch a GT350/R go around a track and watch the front splitter rub.
3) the stock springs are a perfect match for the engineered suspension.
4) magnaride shocks/struts are not aiRide or air shocks.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'm personally more curious about the 2018 GT350/500 that is certainly going to be happening...imo...based on rumors :)
I have no idea why you people think their will be a 2018 GT350. It's done and over with in 2017.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I have no idea why you people think their will be a 2018 GT350. It's done and over with in 2017.
Doesn't that order form thread on the main page have 2018 Shelby colors?

Oh, I guess they could mean something other than a GT350....that would be interesting.

-T

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't that order form thread on the main page have 2018 Shelby colors?

Oh, I guess they could mean something other than a GT350....that would be interesting.

-T
So I guess that means the non R is getting 305/30 and 315/30 tires?
Sponsored