drmustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I believe early on they said as of now it will be a two year run and that numbers would be similar to GT500.

I think they want to see how high the demand is before talking specifics.?
The GT500 was initially to be a 2 year offering that morphed into 8 years. There is no such thing as "limited production". Ford is not in the business of providing consumers with a collectable item by producing fewer units than what can clear the market.
Sponsored

thackl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mclaren 720s,X5,17 Raptor,c63s edeition1,1098SFS
The GT500 was initially to be a 2 year offering that morphed into 8 years. There is no such thing as "limited production". Ford is not in the business of providing consumers with a collectable item by producing fewer units than what can clear the market.
I wonder how much of the 350 tech is going to show up in the 500? It could be the better street car with mega hp if it does

MatthewAMEL

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE
The GT350 is designed for track. GT500 for dragstip.

And when did the thread name change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I thought they said there would be 5 years of production

drmustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
The GT350 is designed for track. GT500 for dragstip.

And when did the thread name change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL, that's a good one. the car is nothing more than a rumor and now it is "designed for the dragstrip". The internet brings out the expert in all of us I guess.

Sponsored

geneva

track rat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 GB
The GT500 was initially to be a 2 year offering that morphed into 8 years. There is no such thing as "limited production". Ford is not in the business of providing consumers with a collectable item by producing fewer units than what can clear the market.[/QUOTE

I think you missed my point. The 2012/013' Boss 302 WAS a "limited production" run of only two years with @ 4000 cars built per year and then taken out of production. The Laguna Seca edition (same as the GT350R will be) was even less with @ 1500 total built. Dealers where also put on very restricted allocation for the Boss as Ford is now doing with the GT350. My dealer received only one 2012 Boss and one 013' which is currently sitting in my garage (Grabber Blue). Coincidentally that is the exact same allocation they will be receiving for the GT350 over the next two years. Ford has a long history of "limited production" vehicles which is why I posed the question. I know this now getting off topic so my apologies.

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
I would love to order a GT350 with the tech package.
Called 2 dealers in my area. One I got a focus from last year, waiting to hear back.
The other has 5 spots. For 10k over MSRP.

drmustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
The GT500 was initially to be a 2 year offering that morphed into 8 years. There is no such thing as "limited production". Ford is not in the business of providing consumers with a collectable item by producing fewer units than what can clear the market.[/QUOTE

I think you missed my point. The 2012/013' Boss 302 WAS a "limited production" run of only two years with @ 4000 cars built per year and then taken out of production. The Laguna Seca edition (same as the GT350R will be) was even less with @ 1500 total built. Dealers where also put on very restricted allocation for the Boss as Ford is now doing with the GT350. My dealer received only one 2012 Boss and one 013' which is currently sitting in my garage (Grabber Blue). Coincidentally that is the exact same allocation they will be receiving for the GT350 over the next two years. Ford has a long history of "limited production" vehicles which is why I posed the question. I know this now getting off topic so my apologies.

Wrong, 100% totally wrong my friend. Everbody who wanted a GT500, a Boss, A Terminator, a Ford GT, etc. got one. Some of them actually had factory incentives and the Ford GT500 production was cut short due to slow sales. That is reality. "limited production" is what a greaseball salesman preaches and some enthusiasts are suckered into believing it.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I don't think limited production means what you think it means. It doesn't mean that there aren't enough to go around. There is no other way to describe the Boss 302's other thatn limited production. They said at the beginning that they would produce them for only 2 years and that's exactly what they did. That is by definition "limited production". Whether or not everyone who wanted one got one is completely beside the point.

BTW, you don't need to be so abrasive in all your posts - particularly since you're new here.

drmustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I don't think limited production means what you think it means. It doesn't mean that there aren't enough to go around. There is no other way to describe the Boss 302's other thatn limited production. They said at the beginning that they would produce them for only 2 years and that's exactly what they did. That is by definition "limited production". Whether or not everyone who wanted one got one is completely beside the point.

BTW, you don't need to be so abrasive in all your posts - particularly since you're new here.
Anyone with a backround in sales knows the score when terms such as "limited production" are used. Verbage like that creates the illusion of shortage in the mind of a potential buyer and yes anyone who buys into that cheesy crap is a sucker as well as a car salesmans dream customer.

There are limits to every thing and any of us here with a double digit IQ are aware of that fact.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

I agree the boss was sold as planned, but I don't really think its analogous to the current GT350. The Boss was a very late addition to the S197 chassis, and more a mini face-lift to keep up with the bowtie guys, driven by buyers increasingly being interested in track performance, vs the old horsepower wars that used to be the bench mark (ie where dodge is still dropping the ball and where the previous gen GT500s did as well)

With the development of the S550/GT350, it really looks like it was a hold-over vehicle while ford completed the full redesign and finally joined the modern era with IRS (not to downplay how incredible the car was even with the solid rear). So there was no reason for ford to sell anymore than 2 years of the car, if they had made it in 2014 most would be sitting on lots collecting dust while enthusiasts waited for the S550.

With that being said, it has already been leaked that ford plans 5 years of demand driven production with ~5000 as the annual target, so there will be plenty to go around, especially since there will still be a GT500 in the future.

drmustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
While I agree with the boss was sold as planned, but I don't really think its analogous to the current GT350. The Boss was a very late addition to the S197 chassis, and more a mini face-lift to keep up with the bowtie guys, driven by buyers increasingly being interested in track performance, vs the old horsepower wars that used to be the bench mark (ie where dodge is still dropping the ball).

With the development of the S550/GT350, it really looks like it was a hold-over vehicle while ford completed the full redesign and finally joined the modern era with IRS. So there was no reason for ford to sell anymore than 2 years of the car, if they had made it in 2014 most would be sitting on lots collecting dust while enthusiasts waited for the S550.

With that being said, it has already been leaked that ford plans 5 years of demand driven production with ~5000 as the annual target, so there will be plenty to go around, especially since there will still be a GT500 in the future.
Chopsui and Co. here just can't comprehend the "limited production" thing. 2 years, 200 years, 2 million years are limits and we get that. Every thing has "limits". The point is that an individual who is in the position of acquiring one of these so called "limited" items should not have his perception altered by these psychologically manipulative terms.

Remember the '03/'04 Mach1s? Production was to be strictly "limited" to a one year run of 3,000 units. Suckers bought that line and bent over for ADMS only to see nearly 17,000 of them built over a 2 year period. Invoice and rebates came to the rescue to clear scores of them from a saturated market. They weren't quite "limited" enough. Once again the suckers who were on board with the skewed meaning of "limited production" got a good hard financial kick in the balls as everyone who believes this greasy crap ultimately does.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Agreed, I have never seen yearly production numbers ending on some magical round number. Yes production will be limited, demand limited. If there is no demand, ford would not make more than they have to, if there is more demand, then the guys in flat rock will be working a few more hours.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Wrong, 100% totally wrong my friend. Everbody who wanted a GT500, a Boss, A Terminator, a Ford GT, etc. got one. Some of them actually had factory incentives and the Ford GT500 production was cut short due to slow sales. That is reality. "limited production" is what a greaseball salesman preaches and some enthusiasts are suckered into believing it.
To be fair the GT500 was run for 7 years at +/- 5000/year which is why everyone who wanted one got one. 35-40k were built. Someone who bought a 2007 didnt need to buy a 2009, 2010 didn't need to buy a 2011 etc. No one knew at the time though each model year, if there would be one next year. In hindsight, they had enough.

The Ford GT is a totally different class of car when you get over $100k.

As per the above post, the Boss was introduced late in the game and as an offshoot of the S197; some upgraded handling etc to make it a track car.

In contrast, the GT350 is nearly a COMPLETELY different car than the S550. Different suspension body, wheels/tires, engine, trans. Everything. Only the bones/looks and interior of a S550 are there

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Planning to order as soon as an allocation pops up somewhere and the selling price hits MSRP. This is more of a treasure hunt than when I ordered a '12 Boss 302.
Sponsored