rickstang

Rickstang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboast, auto, 50 Year package
Very interesting thread. I'm 60 and a retired educator after 35 years in the classroom. Loved it. BS and Masters +. Now I work in two family owned small business ventures. Fell in love with the Mustang when I saw it as a kid at the NY Worlds Fair and owned a 65 Stang as my first car. Six BMW's have graced my garage over the years- the 2015 Mustang will be joining my current BMW soon.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I guess being 66 makes me the "new old guy" in this thread.

I'm a retired engineer, officially so as of last November, unofficially somewhat earlier due to layoffs in the office (which has since closed entirely).

I spent about 8 years designing equipment foundations and other structural components on DLGN's (now known as CVNs), Nimitz-class carriers, and Los Angeles class submarines. Worked on a couple of unique items. For most of the rest of the next 35 years I worked in the nuclear power plant business, mainly as a pipe stress analyst.

It's still a little soon for me to be seriously looking at a new car, but I'm interested in following developments. Our buying cycle runs around 6 or 7 years, and I haven't even finished tweaking my 2008 GT yet. My wife has a 2010 Subie (that I just bought a set of Bilsteins for).

Norm

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I spent about 8 years designing equipment foundations and other structural components on DLGN's (now known as CVNs), Nimitz-class carriers, and Los Angeles class submarines. Worked on a couple of unique items. For most of the rest of the next 35 years I worked in the nuclear power plant business, mainly as a pipe stress analyst.
My dad worked in the nuclear power plant business as well. He was with SWEC (Stone & Webster Engineering Corporation) for 30 years. I worked there for 6 years. Quite the industry. My dad is 68.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Were either of you ever assigned to the Cherry Hill office?

Norm
I wasn't but my dad was there many a time. He made lots of trips up to the Boston office as well. We both finished up our SWEC careers in the Atlanta, GA office.

My dads initials were TTA....Maybe that rings a bell:). If not, I will PM your his name to see if you knew him.

Sponsored

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(

BS in geology, pursuing MS in Petroleum Geophysics while doing project management and business development in a new product launch group.

Nothing ordered yet, test drive is scheduled for oct 1...waiting to see what the SVT model will bring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petrolpoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, 1968 Shelby GT350 "tribute" (Coyote powered)
I am 31, BS in business management and I am an analyst for an oil & gas drilling co.

I haven't ordered yet but I'll be picking from a silver, blue or orange GT premium MT 6-speed with PP as soon as they hit the dealerships.

Chambo007

Threads
Reaction score
Ordered back in June. I am 31 years old and have been active duty US NAVY for the past 10 years. I am an Aviation Electronics Tech that specializes in Calibration. Right now I am the Production Supervisor of the Calibration Lab.

Sponsored

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
21, Mechanical Engineer at an OEM. Not saying which one, but it rhymes with "Mord Cotor Fompany."

Didn't order, but will be purchasing a Magnetic 5.0 6M Premium with the 50th Anniversary Appearance Package next year sometime.

In the meantime, working through school and work.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
26 cant say but prior Army

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP