Sponsored

Whats the ave cost for springs installed? Am I getting raped?

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
I paid 200 for the install and then I went to a tire shop and had it aligned.

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT PP2
Local Ford dealers wanted $800, Kurgan offered $250 plus the cost of an alignment.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I will be taking my car to a local tire and auto shop to install my Steeda springs.

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
FWIW, the one shop I used in the area that I didn't feel like I got taken for a ride was http://sunnyoaksmufflerandmore.com (hope this is allowed). The fit me in at last minute. They came in under what they quoted me. I would go back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
What shop in San Jose?
Borelli Motorsports

Do you know of any other south bay area shop that would do this? I cant find anything id trust in the santa cruz area...

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
FWIW, the one shop I used in the area that I didn't feel like I got taken for a ride was http://sunnyoaksmufflerandmore.com (hope this is allowed). The fit me in at last minute. They came in under what they quoted me. I would go back.
Did they do springs on ur car? That place is only like 15 mins from me, I will give em a call. Thank you.

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did they do springs on ur car? That place is only like 15 mins from me, I will give em a call. Thank you.
I live in CO, work in CA. I was out here in my Duramax. It needed shocks. I purchased the shocks elsewhere, but they were booked 4+ weeks and recommended this shop. If they can do shocks, they could do springs. You're close. Drive by and get a feel for them.

I sure as shit wouldn't pay $900 for labor. Find some buddies, pizza, beer and have an install party.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
Let us get a prespective on this. Spring cost $400+, labor at $85/$100 per hour on independent suspension say 2 hours max = $175 and a for way alignment and stance balance (4 corners weigh the same) at 300 gets us to $875. I would think the shop is pretty close, Depends on the spring kit they are by itse supplying, On a 2013 the H&R springs installed is $400. No balance or alignment. Give it a go.
Terrible info.

First off springs cost 250 to 300, and he doesn't have coil overs so he won't be corner balanced.

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
My dealership wants $965 for 8 hours worth of labor. :doh:

I'm not really interested in taking this on myself. What kinds of third-party shops should I find to do the installation?

Sponsored

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My dealership wants $965 for 8 hours worth of labor. :doh:

I'm not really interested in taking this on myself. What kinds of third-party shops should I find to do the installation?
I can't possibly see how it would take 8 hours...Maybe a coffee break/meal between each spring...

1) Performance shops. Specializing in Mustangs/Late Models/Hot Rods.
2) Suspension shops. Alignments, etc. Maybe reach out to local racers (both drag & HPDE types) and see who they use.
3) Find a local Mom & Pop with great reviews. And get quotes.
4) Find a new dealership.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Shouldn't be more than 2 hours labor plus alignment. $300 max for all of it. Don't align the car until the springs settle in a week of light driving.

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
So the local performance shop here in San Jose quoted me like $900 for installing pro kit springs and an alignment... Ive never done this to a car, but that seems steep to me... They said it was 5 hours labor for the springs... :crazy: :frusty:

And I know its a high end shop, but i would be a little sketched out taking it to a generic shop like a Midas of something...
That does sound a bit steep. Thats more than the suspension kit itself. What is the shop...Borrili's on Charcot? I live in San Jose and I'm having the same issue trying to find a good performance shop. There is no way I'm ever going to one of the chain shops like Midis or Wheel Works. I checked out Borrili's, nice shop, High End!

Thers a video on CJ Pony with Bill doing the front and back install. Looks easy enough and he said it would take about 3 Hours at most. I could do it with the whole jackstand thing but a lift would totally make it a breeze.

I found a place in Santa Clara called "Pit Row" It's a rent a lift shop. $30.00 an hour. I might go that route. Check it out. BTW...Borilli's has a primo alignment bay as well.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Shouldn't be more than 2 hours labor plus alignment. $300 max for all of it. Don't align the car until the springs settle in a week of light driving.

I would wait no more than a day to get an alignment. Springs don't need a week to settle.

Thelopez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Shop near me quoted me $200 for labor and all they do is work on mustangs. 900 is way way to much for sure
Sponsored