Sponsored

Whats the ave cost for springs installed? Am I getting raped?

Special50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary Special Edition
Okay I'll add maybe some helpful info here.

I just installed Eibach pro kit springs front and rear.
I did this using jack stands on the floor of my garage. I do have an impact gun but my compressor is a joke and after every bolt it would then take 2 minutes of the compressor running before it was ready to go again. Everything else was done with hand tools. Also, for the front struts I used an auto parts store rental strut spring compressor. If I had a nice spring compressor I would have saved 30 minutes easy just on this part alone.
Note; This is the first time I've changed strut springs so there was some time spent learning as well. If I do this again I will buy a good spring compressor. The one I used was slightly scary.

It took me 3 1/2 hours start to finish.

Any good shop with the proper tools could do this in close to 2 hours. Say set up and clean up you might be pushing 3 hours. The rear springs are OMG easy. I even had time to vacuum out the spring cups as they are great at catching all the debris that the tires pick up.

I would gladly install springs on these cars for people for $250 all day every day. Add an alignment on top of that and that should be a realistic price IMO.

So yeah just another opinion that doesn't mean much but it may help someone put this in perspective if they are wondering.
Thanks for the post. I've changed the springs on my '53 Ford and will probably do the 2015 myself in my garage since I have the right tools. If you and I are taking about three hours to replace springs for the first time (and taking our sweet time to do it right), and the consensus is pretty much that its a 2-3 hour job lets just skip over the other guys using calculators and the quote book to justify $800-900 jobs. :doh:
Sponsored

CHAROLLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Guard Green - Premium/Performance
You're in Bay Area, California? I'm in Los Angeles.

Take it to One Way Auto Body @ Jefferson and ask for Brady and/or Sergio.
They'll help you out.

They installed intake/tune/springs/exhaust/black pony emblem all for total of $200 over the course of however many weeks I went back and forth.

p.s. ONCE you get any kind of service done there, expect almost every single minor install/fix, etc. after that to be absolutely free.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red

They'll help you out.

They installed intake/tune/springs/exhaust/black pony emblem all for total of $200 over the course of however many weeks I went back and forth.

p.s. ONCE you get any kind of service done there, expect almost every single minor install/fix, etc. after that to be absolutely free.
They did all of that for $200? I live in Orange, probably 30 min drive. If that is indeed true, I will be paying a visit soon for the spring and exhaust I will be getting.

CHAROLLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. Ive been going for a few years now. Tell them Charles with the mustang sent you. The korean guy

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
$900 is a pure rip-off! Avoid this place like the plague.

Sponsored

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

They'll help you out.

Do they have a Phone # or Email? I'm pretty close to LA and all the quotes I get are stupid prices. I tried change em out myself but the strut bolt refused to budge.

CHAROLLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
323 734 1151

Ask for Sergio or Brady. Sergio is manager - does most of the work. Brady is owner* - does most paperwork.

Say Charles w mustang referred u (i dont get discounts or referral points or w.e. just cool points!)

MurderPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP, Black on Black on Black
2.7 for the front 3.7 for the rear. I just looked up the times in mithchell average $100 per hour $640. then add for the alignment another 90 give or take the shop is a little off but not horrible. Those off you paying 300 bucks to have a $10 per hour kid hacking on your brand new car best off luck to ya
Mitchell showed a separate time just to replace coils? The way their system works it would usually include removing assemblies that aren't necessary.

marty was here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 335i 14 750li 08 titan