Sponsored

Whats the ave cost for springs installed? Am I getting raped?

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I would wait no more than a day to get an alignment. Springs don't need a week to settle.
My H&R SuperSports on my other car dropped 1/4 inch over night and another 1/4 in a week of driving. Total drop of 1 3/4 inches. This was on my GTI.
Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Ouch I paid $175 for the install and $60 for the alignment, install was done at enhanced customs, awesome guy and does amazing work, then my alignment at tires plus and it came out perfect.

Scott@Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP
Thats a lot , max 250 for spring install and alignment.

Wastedslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I've got you beat. I just had a local Ford dealer (Steeda reseller) quote for 13.5 hours on the install of springs and sway bars. Over 1200$ in labor. They looked at a 2015 GT they had on the lot and determined that they would have to drop the whole front and rear subframes to complete the install.

What is this madness!

Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
2.7 for the front 3.7 for the rear. I just looked up the times in mithchell average $100 per hour $640. then add for the alignment another 90 give or take the shop is a little off but not horrible. Those off you paying 300 bucks to have a $10 per hour kid hacking on your brand new car best off luck to ya

Papabearob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT performance pack w/ Recaros
I had mine done in 2.5 hours front and rear lol. I worked at ford as a tech though. Whitemare can vouch for me as we used to work together in San Jose lol

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
2.7 for the front 3.7 for the rear. I just looked up the times in mithchell average $100 per hour $640. then add for the alignment another 90 give or take the shop is a little off but not horrible. Those off you paying 300 bucks to have a $10 per hour kid hacking on your brand new car best off luck to ya
More terrible info. I bet you are the kind of person to pay geek squad from best buy to plug in your new flat screen... :doh:

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Labor times are posted ... The OP asking a question about his quote .. He's clearly not the I'm gonna do this job myself person as there are some on here that are and that are not... You make assumption of minimal info which Is typical internet big mouth ... My guess is your gonna fire back now lol try to hurt my feelings

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Labor times are posted ... The OP asking a question about his quote .. He's clearly not the I'm gonna do this job myself person as there are some on here that are and that are not... You make assumption of minimal info which Is typical internet big mouth ... My guess is your gonna fire back now lol try to hurt my feelings
Those labor times are extremely excessive. 3 hours tops for any reputable performance shop. Just because a dealer quotes by the book doesn't make it right or accurate.

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I didn't say I agreed with them I only quoted what I looked up... They are high bottom line

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
Lol I didn't say he needs to do it himself. I was making an observation that it seems like you are easily taken... Anyone one with basic knowledge of the task would know that if you are being charged more than 3 hours labor you are getting bent over. Labor times are posted? The 6.4 you came up with? Again that is just bad information. No need to get your feelings hurt.

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Every shop I received a quote from in the OC area is saying $400-500 for labor for springs. I had coilovers installed on my RSX for $50. WTF.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
Okay I'll add maybe some helpful info here.

I just installed Eibach pro kit springs front and rear.
I did this using jack stands on the floor of my garage. I do have an impact gun but my compressor is a joke and after every bolt it would then take 2 minutes of the compressor running before it was ready to go again. Everything else was done with hand tools. Also, for the front struts I used an auto parts store rental strut spring compressor. If I had a nice spring compressor I would have saved 30 minutes easy just on this part alone.
Note; This is the first time I've changed strut springs so there was some time spent learning as well. If I do this again I will buy a good spring compressor. The one I used was slightly scary.

It took me 3 1/2 hours start to finish.

Any good shop with the proper tools could do this in close to 2 hours. Say set up and clean up you might be pushing 3 hours. The rear springs are OMG easy. I even had time to vacuum out the spring cups as they are great at catching all the debris that the tires pick up.

I would gladly install springs on these cars for people for $250 all day every day. Add an alignment on top of that and that should be a realistic price IMO.

So yeah just another opinion that doesn't mean much but it may help someone put this in perspective if they are wondering.
Sponsored