What's In DFB's Cabinet?

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Tried out my new MTM PF22 wide mouth yesterday after doing a nice smoky burnout for a gender reveal party. I put about 25 mil in of DIY Incredible suds and filled up (1 liter). I installed the 1.1 orfice for my little 1.2 GPM Karcher cube. Must say I am impressed with the output, it is so much more quality feeling to use as well compared to my older wide mouth Torq I was using. And it came with the really flexible straw and the weighted ball on the end in the box and the 1.1 orfice included. Very nice unit...
IMG_0680.jpeg

I even had enough to foam down my daily driver after I was done. Very impressive...
IMG_0651.jpeg

I also mounted my foam canon holder and put them, my nozzles, and wands on the wall out of the way...
IMG_0657.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Tried out my new MTM PF22 wide mouth yesterday after doing a nice smoky burnout for a gender reveal party. I put about 25 mil in of DIY Incredible suds and filled up (1 liter). I installed the 1.1 orfice for my little 1.2 GPM Karcher cube. Must say I am impressed with the output, it is so much more quality feeling to use as well compared to my older wide mouth Torq I was using. And it came with the really flexible straw and the weighted ball on the end in the box and the 1.1 orfice included. Very nice unit...
IMG_0680.jpeg

I even had enough to foam down my daily driver after I was done. Very impressive...
IMG_0651.jpeg

I also mounted my foam canon holder and put them, my nozzles, and wands on the wall out of the way...
IMG_0657.jpeg
Excellent!

And thanks for confirming that confirming that the new units come with the weighted pickup.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I love these guys all of sudden! It’s nice to see a company who is free to create rude content in such a hilarious manner. We have too many uptight bell-ends in our country to ever let a company get away with this kind of advertisement.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I love these guys all of sudden! It’s nice to see a company who is free to create rude content in such a hilarious manner. We have too many uptight bell-ends in our country to ever let a company get away with this kind of advertisement.
Oh trust me, there is a lot of that sort in this country as well. Some people are just looking to be offended at anything and everything.

On that same track, Ford had to disable line-lock from Aussie delivered Mustang's because someone complained. They also copped in the neck for selling a car with a "drift mode" because apparently that would encourage bad behavior............................as if a young kid was ever going to afford a Focus RS or Mustang GT anyway.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@DFB5.0 in my pea sized brain this raises two questions:

How much are they paying you to model this stuff and did you think it through (second part is 1.a)

Do you know if the MTM wide mouth adapter will fit a Bowden's cannon? I reckon it might and I could avoid buying a new cannon. Nick doesn't know.

That sized orifice thread seems very common on pump sprays, most cannons, 1l/750ml product bottles etc - do you know if they're typically the same?

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
@DFB5.0 in my pea sized brain this raises two questions:

How much are they paying you to model this stuff and did you think it through (second part is 1.a)

Do you know if the MTM wide mouth adapter will fit a Bowden's cannon? I reckon it might and I could avoid buying a new cannon. Nick doesn't know.

That sized orifice thread seems very common on pump sprays, most cannons, 1l/750ml product bottles etc - do you know if they're typically the same?
I can confirm that the model above is................................................................................not me. I wish though.

As for the foam cannon, leave it with me. :like:

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
@DFB5.0

Even without measuring I could have answered your question, but I wanted to be sure before you went and spent some money.

Both the older MTM PF22 and PF22.2 foam cannons shared the same bottle opening size as my older Waxit foam cannon, which I have now fitted the new MTM adaptor plate and bottle to. Fits just fine.

IMG-8757.jpg

IMG-1315.jpg

IMG-1322.jpg

I'm fairly sure the Bowden's uses the same bottle opening size, but measured the outside diameter of the adaptor at about 26mm.

MTM PF22.2 Wide Mouth Foam Cannon Bottle NEW 2024 (detailingshed.com.au)

IMG-0059.jpg

There is only one problem I have had to accept with the new MTM foam cannon, it doesn't fit onto either the MTM or Maxshine bucket bracket, which I use when cleaning wheels. It was a bit of a doh! moment, but I can cope as the foam cannon is so much more functional with the wide bottle opening, this is especially noticeable when rinsing out the cannister.

Maxshine Foam Cannon Bucket Holder Mount (detailingshed.com.au)
MTM Veloci Ventuno Bracket - Spray Foam Gun Holder (detailingshed.com.au)

The old design pictured, the new wont fit.

IMG-0660.jpg

IMG-6422.jpg

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Even without measuring I could have answered your question, but I wanted to be sure before you went and spent some money.

Both the older MTM PF22 and PF22.2 foam cannons shared the same bottle opening size as my older Waxit foam cannon, which I have now fitted the new MTM adaptor plate and bottle to. Fits just fine.

IMG-8757.jpg

IMG-1315.jpg

IMG-1322.jpg

I'm fairly sure the Bowden's uses the same bottle opening size, but measured the outside diameter of the adaptor at about 26mm.

MTM PF22.2 Wide Mouth Foam Cannon Bottle NEW 2024 (detailingshed.com.au)

IMG-0059.jpg

There is only one problem I have had to accept with the new MTM foam cannon, it doesn't fit onto either the MTM or Maxshine bucket bracket, which I use when cleaning wheels. It was a bit of a doh! moment, but I can cope as the foam cannon is so much more functional with the wide bottle opening, this is especially noticeable when rinsing out the cannister.

Maxshine Foam Cannon Bucket Holder Mount (detailingshed.com.au)
MTM Veloci Ventuno Bracket - Spray Foam Gun Holder (detailingshed.com.au)

The old design pictured, the new wont fit.

IMG-0660.jpg

IMG-6422.jpg
Aww snap. I just bought the max shine bucket bracket 😳. Oh well I will probably allocate my old Torq canon for that duty anyway

IMG_0657.jpeg

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Aww snap. I just bought the max shine bucket bracket 😳. Oh well I will probably allocate my old Torq canon for that duty anyway

IMG_0657.jpeg
The Maxshine version kinda-sorta fits, but not perfectly. I would just use the older foam cannon for wheel cleaner/wheel cleaning.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
The Maxshine version kinda-sorta fits, but not perfectly. I would just use the older foam cannon for wheel cleaner/wheel cleaning.
That's the plan. Actually I normally use an IK foamer anyway for wheels and use the PW canons for paint. Normally one for soap and the other for spray and rinse sealant at the end. I love to spray down with Gyeon Bathe+ or Hydro2 Foam at the end then do a DI rinse as a final step before drying especially on unprotected cars. Got a bottle of KCX S0.O3 on the way to try soon.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hey D, if you’re looking for a new wheel cleaner/iron remover, I tried this one out on my winter wheels this afternoon. Works really well, a little thicker consistency so it clings to the wheels a bit. Easy to rinse off as well, stinks like all the iron removers do.

IMG_2846.jpeg
Sponsored