OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Do the Mustangs have the chain slapping issues like my Ecoboost Lincoln? I’ve also read about the MT82 issues. A better clutch seems to address the issue?
Sponsored

Boston Mark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
For whatever it's worth, I drove a brand-new 2022 Challenger 392 and first thing I noticed taking an exit ramp was the front end roll when cornering. The Mustang handles like an American Porsche in comparison. I sold my '18 GT a couple months ago and bought a 2021 GT with a whopping 2400 miles from a dealer in Des Moines...had it shipped to me and am absolutely loving it. As was previously stated, you can do more mods on the Mustang than on the Mopar. I can't imagine anyone buying a late model GT and not loving it to death. Not to mention, it's one of the absolute best looking cars on the road. BTW both my Mustangs were/are sticks and never have I had a clutch or transmission problem...and I drive the shit out of my cars. Best of luck!

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
Do the Mustangs have the chain slapping issues like my Ecoboost Lincoln? I’ve also read about the MT82 issues. A better clutch seems to address the issue?
The coyote is bullet proof ( well almost). I never had any real noise issues with any of my ford mod engines. Maybe a lazy cam phazer. But never hindered performance or reliability. I just creaped on that 18 gt at best its nice. Black out badges wheels. Magnetic color. Looks sweet. It's outside second row from road .away from the building so no salesman came running out at me. Go take a look. Don't go to Dark side side. Lol

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The coyote is bullet proof ( well almost). I never had any real noise issues with any of my ford mod engines. Maybe a lazy cam phazer. But never hindered performance or reliability. I just creaped on that 18 gt at best its nice. Black out badges wheels. Magnetic color. Looks sweet. It's outside second row from road .away from the building so no salesman came running out at me. Go take a look. Don't go to Dark side side. Lol
I think I’ll take a drive over there around lunch time, let my minions run the shop while I’m gone…

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
Right on. Make it happen

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
looks like that Challenger sold.

CarmeloS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carmelo
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands
I want a toy now, and I know I should wait until spring (that’s what I keep telling myself). Unfortunately, I’m so damn stubborn and once I start thinking about something (like getting a car) I can’t stop until it’s done. But I also want to get rid of my trade before it turns into a heavy paperweight, if you get what I’m saying. I also feel like Scat Pack’s, SRT8’s are expensive for what you get? I was looking at Charger Scat’s and I couldn’t find one for under $36-37k. And I can afford the toy, but a $5k difference in price is something to consider for a household income around $140k.
Wouldnt it be more expensive then? Get it now when people arent thinking sunny days and cruising

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Like the title says, I need a little persuasion. Yes, I’m on a Mustang forum so I’m already leaning in that direction. The 2016 is a 6 spd GT with the performance package and 61k. The hood has some of that corrosion that seems to be common on these and a decent nick on the passenger door. The Challenger is a 2013 SRT8 6 spd with 18k, and it’s as nice as they get. The Mustang is $28k and the Challenger is $33k. That hemi lifter issue scares me, but I’ve owned other hemi cars without any issues. Which ever car I buy will see maybe 3-4k miles a year. I think this generation Mustang lowered with some nice wheels is about as good as a car can look too
I'd go for the newer car
Probably more safety options.in a well maintainted car the milage doesn't really matter.my mustang has the bliss option which has save me from deer twice.dont know if 16 has that

Mojo9691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT/CS - Mischievous Purple
Like the title says, I need a little persuasion. Yes, I’m on a Mustang forum so I’m already leaning in that direction. The 2016 is a 6 spd GT with the performance package and 61k. The hood has some of that corrosion that seems to be common on these and a decent nick on the passenger door. The Challenger is a 2013 SRT8 6 spd with 18k, and it’s as nice as they get. The Mustang is $28k and the Challenger is $33k. That hemi lifter issue scares me, but I’ve owned other hemi cars without any issues. Which ever car I buy will see maybe 3-4k miles a year. I think this generation Mustang lowered with some nice wheels is about as good as a car can look too
The hood corrosion issue was covered by Ford for replacement on the 2016-2018 Mustangs. Unfortunately my 2015 was not.

NHGTPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1, 1970 Corvette,1967 Nova SS
Well,.. I drove a challenger RT, 6 speed standard last year at a dealer. I like the car. For me it's just too big. Has plenty of power but it has SO much weight to move around. I passed on that one. I found a 2017 Mustang GT, Premium, 6 speed with the PP1 package. Black on black with 9k miles. One owner clean car fax. I took that for a ride. Wow. I was sold within the first 5 miles. $33.500 OTD. Detailed, new battery, oil / filter change, inspection sticker and home delivery. I now have 17K miles on it with a few performance mods. Love this car.

Sponsored

Boston Mark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
This is basically how I got my 2018 GT. I drove up to a Nissan dealership in Manchester, NH and took the car on a test drive, within 5 minutes I knew I had to have it! The power, the handling, gorgeous lines! I mean, what's not to love about a late model Mustang GT? The photo in my moniker was taken at the dealership the day I picked up the car and drove it home. Aside from oil changes, new tires x2 and a brake job, never did I have a single problem with that car. I fully expect the same results with the 2021 GT I picked up about 2 months ago. I never owned a Ford in my life...but the Mustang GT is truly a fine automobile. Man just I love that darn Mustang!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
2016 was the best year of the S550. Having said that, my '09 Ram is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Took over 150,000 miles to develop the Hemi tick. No other problems.
I like the older, port injection Coyote with the iron bores. The MT82 has better gearing 2017 and prior as well.

My SRT wasn't like that. lol. It pulled hard until at least 130. MY R/T 5.7 however, it's a pig at highway speeds.
This was probably an older generation of Challengers, but I remember test driving a 5.7 when I owned a V6 manual transmission 2011 Mustang. I swear the V6 Mustang was faster than the 5.7 Dodge.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The 5.7 is a dog, IMO. An insult to the very notion of a V8.

Such a pity

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I like the older, port injection Coyote with the iron bores. The MT82 has better gearing 2017 and prior as well.

This was probably an older generation of Challengers, but I remember test driving a 5.7 when I owned a V6 manual transmission 2011 Mustang. I swear the V6 Mustang was faster than the 5.7 Dodge.
I had a '15 R/T Charger. I'm pretty sure my wife's Maxima SR was faster! lol
Sponsored