Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Ty Chris :)
Will get some proper pics hopefully this weekend and post them up.
Sponsored

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
Hi John,

Did you fill out the "LRS tune request form" on their website?

Once filled out I received an email in short time saying "my order is in the queue to do the tune."

From there a ticket number was created and a tune was sent in due course.

I also found when liaising with them, don't use the email address that comes up when you tap reply, instead use: [email protected]

I was dealing with Dasan and found him quite helpful. After doing some data logs for them and two revisions later I have a very sweet tune. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps.

Regards Ben.
Hi Ben

I've received the instructional email from CJ's, the device registration email and the email advising the tune will be approx 10 days - which was on the 16/11.
Will contact support and see where things are up to.

Cheers

J

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
J

just checked my emails from Lund, I received my tune the same day my NGuage was advised as posted. Defintely follow them up, I have recieved also received multiple tune updates on an overnight basis.

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
They resent it again overnight - great service.

Looking forward to loading it up.

Cheers

J

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
Any questions just ask

Sponsored

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Thanks to a huge amount of help from Pagey, just installed

- Borla S-Type Axle Back Exhaust
- Ford Racing hood struts
- American Muscle distressed US flag decals on rear quarter windows
- White Madness Garage Grabber Blue b-ball auto shifter

Very pleased with all!

Thanks Pagey!!!

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
- American Muscle distressed US flag decals on rear quarter windows
How was the fit for the decals? Could you be any happier with it?

Mine are still sitting in the postal tube after I read all the installation horror stories online.

Considering having a professional do it.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
It wasn’t too bad. A little bit of fiddling and a slight amount of trimming on the bottom edge, but it turned out well

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
That time of the month.
0837FD55-DAE0-4574-99FB-FBEDD8626A59.jpeg

ShadowBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT S550 Shadow Black
DREWBO.

What type of snow foam did you use?

I’ve been using MINT snow foam in the past and have been really happy with the product. I ran out of MINT so bought a bottle of Bowdens Snow Job on Saturday morning.

On spraying the car with Bowdens I found the product ran quite quickly off the side panels.

I used the same spray nozzle settings (maximum foam) as previous MINT applications.

Last edited:

Sponsored

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Added some new parts
K&N air filter and washable cabin air filter
MMD splash guards - Ordered front and rear ones, bit of a problem with the front ones
The box was labelled Front but it contained rear splash guards ones WTF.
No response from American Muscle yet but not holding my breathe.
So fitted the rears anyway they are good quality and fitment and does not look out of place.
I’ll see if they have any specials on Friday and reorder the front ones again.
As an afterthought K&N do an intake tube that uses the OEM air box. As I deleted the sound tube
I thought this would look nice as it does not have the port for the sound tube, the kit also comes with a filter, ordered it on 15/11 and arrived today, can’t complain about that.
Fitted the intake tube today after work, still yet to give it a work out.
How did you go with the incorrect splash guards? I ordered a set of front and a set of rears, exactly the same problem, 2 sets of rears even though the 2 boxes were labeled front & rear respectively. They obviously have a shipment of incorrectly labeled rear splash guards.:paddle:

Checked them very carefully and the fronts on their web site are nothing like the ones supplied.

I haven't contacted them yet but I noticed you didn't get a reply. I hope you didn't reorder or you might just get the same again.

Looked at their web site and they offer all kinds of return options at their expense for faulty or incorrect orders, unless you are international. The returns page says: For international orders shipping outside of the United States, PR, GU, VI, APO/FPO, or Canada – All sales are final for international orders and no returns are allowed. Surely they can't just wash their hands of their mistakes.

Anyone else had any experience with American Muscle?
2017-12-10_15-01-37.jpg

Last edited:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT S550 Shadow Black
Thanks DREWBO.

I purchased my snow foam lance & MINT from car care products as well. Worked awesome with the gerni.

Not that happy with the Bowdens Snow Job I used yesterday. I washed the car as the sun set. So no issues with direct sunlight or a warm car surface.

I snow foamed the left side first and by the time I’d foamed the other said the left had bare paint work on the upper side of the door and side panels. So it ran too quick.

I think I’ll go back to mint or try the autobrite.

ShadowBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT S550 Shadow Black
Regarding purchases from the USA.

I ordered a ford performance Oil air separator from CJ pony parts.

When the Part arrived, it was a slightly different part to the picture on their website, different to the video on their installation guide. Plus different to the paper pamphlet inside the box outlining the installation instructions.

I emailed CJ pony parts with photos as well and stated the part they posted me is different to the one they advertise on their website & different to the installation instructions inside the box.

I got a reply from Bradley S on 15th September 2017 telling me that it was a variant to the way the manufacturer made that component and I’d need to modify it myself to complete the installation.

I replied to Brad saying it’s not the part I ordered and I wasn’t impressed and I haven’t heard back since.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Sorry to hear that, unfortunately it's exactly what I'd expect from CJ Pony based on recent interactions. I received a Tru X resonator that was damaged, no damage to the box, and in the same shipment boxes that had holes torn in them due to really poor packaging (jacking rails punched straight through the side) but miraculously undamaged contents. This was part of three orders worth least 2k beer tokens in a short period. The res had been dropped on its end and one of the pipe flares had been deformed so there was no way whoever did it didn't know, or that it was QC'd in any way before packing.

Up front they said they'd replace it and anything else that was missing, no question and straight away, and could I please send photos which I did. At this stage I'm thinking 'how good are these guys?'. Then the games started over several weeks. At one point I suggested a simple refund and offered to work with the one they'd sent, but they would either only part refund the purchase and no freight or send another one, so then I knew they were playing silly buggers. Ultimately they wanted me to do a 'field destroy' to prove it couldn't be on sold before they'd send me another one. I pointed out in no uncertain terms that I'd had enough, that I could have it done if they'd pay for it, and that they were renegging on their previous undertaking. To be fair they ultimately they sent me another unit, undamaged, but it was a disappointing process.

Based on a few other interactions I've had with them your current experience is typical. I once emailed asking if a particular part they carried was already fitted to the PP and they told me to call Ford and ask them myself. I've posted questions on their site about something they'd written regarding wheel fitment and two days later the question disappeared (the website has conflicting info on it regarding those wheels). Sometimes I get half an answer to something straight away, and then nothing. It gives me an uneasy feeling and I'm leaning towards companies like JEGS and Summit now. CJ's is onto a good thing and their vids are next to none but I have no faith in their customer service. Also do not buy wheels from them their shipping is about $750 US to NSW.

Don't give up. If you payed via Paypal or card challenge the transaction, that usually gets their attention.
Sponsored

Last edited: