Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I know, that's why I said cross plane crank ;)

I think, from a historical point of view, they won't go with the Boss 302 again. The S197 Boss 302 was a great "re-do". Manual only and solid rear axle.....and designed to win races....which it did then and now.

The Mach 1 was always a GT +.......and came with many engine and gearbox options, including auto.

I honestly believe the new halo Mustang (those in the know say it won't be called GT500) will be a 5.2 cross plane crank with a supercharger......and 700-750hp.

If the GT350 really is done after the '18MY, this leaves a gap for something between the GT and this new top dog Stang.....and I think a normally aspirated version of the CPC 5.2 would do the trick. In production trim, I wouldn't see that Aluminator XS hitting it's 590hp.....but an easy 500-525hp....or 485 if they're being very conservative :)
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I know, that's why I said cross plane crank ;)

I think, from a historical point of view, they won't go with the Boss 302 again. The S197 Boss 302 was a great "re-do". Manual only and solid rear axle.....and designed to win races....which it did then and now.

The Mach 1 was always a GT +.......and came with many engine and gearbox options, including auto.

I honestly believe the new halo Mustang (those in the know say it won't be called GT500) will be a 5.2 cross plane crank with a supercharger......and 700-750hp.

If the GT350 really is done after the '18MY, this leaves a gap for something between the GT and this new top dog Stang.....and I think a normally aspirated version of the CPC 5.2 would do the trick. In production trim, I wouldn't see that Aluminator XS hitting it's 590hp.....but an easy 500-525hp....or 485 if they're being very conservative :)

True.

Just imagine that 5.2 XS with cobra jet manifold and twinjet throttle body though, some guys have done that on the current 5.0 with fantastic results, gains another 10-20HP on top of the GT 350 IM conversion.

Ford could build a holy grail GT and call it Mach 1 as per your suggestion, they should let us do their running gear as I'd go for:
5.2 XS or similar production engine.
Cobra jet IM, Twinjet TB, Cobra jet CAI
10-speed auto
19" forged wheels
Aluminum/carbon propshaft
two-piece disc
Full technology pack

So GT comfort, but something that rivals GT 350 on track and is insanely quick in a straight line. :D

Please build it Ford.

When Ford do the next GT500, we just know its gonna be 700-750BHP, should still be V8 and with TT or SC setup. :)

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
There's some interesting thoughts here - personal opinion is always a kicker; is it better or worse? As a car, clearly Ford are trying to keep up with the Camaro (a good thing) and given the tech, that sells here in LHD format for £40k - should be doable on Ford's side too. That makes it "better"... though I like the old-school conversation too; it's why I kept the Monaro. A delightfully unapologetic monster from a bygone time.

In 2018, when we may or may not see it appear, I'll be interested. Not because I like the look (It's growing on me) but because the tech is enough to win me over; the bi-modal exhaust, the wheel choices and hell, a heated steering wheel (I love the one I have.. such a small thing brings such joy :p ) and it's all (Ford) warranty covered. Some care, some not. That's the beauty of choice.

We could wake up to the UK car being exactly as it is now, looks wise (unvented, PP wheels and spoilerless). Not the worst thing in the world as my car is quite handsome in that spec, but a digital dash was never going to be enough to swap the car out - the rest, maybe.

jasonlycett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f typ V8S, Ford GT40 (Superformance)
Well I have cancelled my April 2017 delivery and decided to go for the 18MY.
It wasn't the tech that did it. When Mustang came out I was really annoyed there were no options available. Plus over the last year I have read countless complaints about various engineering flaws in the car that required some aftermarket kit to be fitted , Clonky transmission , clutch feel , poor throttle response, lack lustre interior trim, poor gearshift, flapping bonnets , bouncing axles and the list goes on. I still ordered one because I loved what it was. However I want a car that has been thoroughly engineered and it looks like Ford have listened to all the complaints and addressed all of them and more besides. Plus with hopefully lots of great options it finally addresses all the niggles I had that delayed my initial order. Dont' get me wrong I could have fitted all the kits myself and I did consider that, I spend most weekends fettling my Noble M12 and Gt40 replica, but I didn't want that from this car when I know Ford should have done a more thorough job.
And the front end ?, hated it a first, but now starting to love it and im sure by summer 2018 ill love it even more.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Let's hope the options make it to the UK this time. Otherwise you'll be double annoyed.

Sponsored

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
When do you think we will get UK spec and pricing details?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Well I have cancelled my April 2017 delivery and decided to go for the 18MY.
Don't think I could describe my disappointment if i'd felt the need to do this with delivery so close. Each to their own though, and it's not like you don't have other toys to see you through ;)

Let's hope the options make it to the UK this time. Otherwise you'll be double annoyed.
Yup, this. It's not like Ford didn't let us down every step of the way from late 2014. On paper the new car looks epic, subjective looks aside, but its another leap of faith to assume everything is going to be sorted straight off the bat.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, have to wait and see what the UK gets, they're saying 'everything', but I'm starting to believe that's unlikely... :shrug:.

I'll air on the cusp of scepticism for it.

jasonlycett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f typ V8S, Ford GT40 (Superformance)
Agree its a risk we might not get more options, but my gut feeling from what I have seen indicates we will get more options this time,. Some nice wheels and some decent tyres with magnetic damping and active exhaust would be a great start.

Sponsored

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Maybe not in general... but on this forum, the highlighted statement couldn't be further from the truth.
Prepare yourself for a shock ;) - the people on this forum represent a tiny minority of Mustang buyers, even here in the UK. How many Mustangs are in the UK now? .... roughly 4,000? UK M6G members .... about 200? That's about 95% of owners who are not on this site - most of whom are probably, at best, only vaguely aware of Mustang history/modding. These are the people Ford are trying to access - and by increasing the number of buyers it means that they can still offer a 5 litre RWD coupe to the 5% of knowledgeable enthusiasts. For better or worse that's just the reality of modern day economics.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
.....we could start with; red tail lights? DRLS?..........
LED headlights will be another one, depends on beam etc, ours are 10W less than the American one due to regulation that >25W must have washers on them.
Sequential tail lights we can rule out unless some heavenly EU ruling means those 'idiots in suits' can now see 3 flashing lights. Even then I doubt Ford will use orange indicators for ours.
Every optional extra will be a 'cost basis' whether it comes or not. So time will tell... Much like [MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] I'm not holding out on jack Sh1t, until we have an official order book. :lol:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Sorry to stray off topic but if this is true this could be amazing!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...cayman-gt4-rs-with-a-massive-40-liter-engine/

I'm sure you won't get lane assists, collision warning, LED dash, 10 speed auto or any of that with this, just driving pleasure! Ford, take note!
Agreed, amazing piece of engineering. With current Cayman prices (I specced one in 2013 before saving £23k with buying a 370ZNismo), the pricing will be 'amazing' as well.

I would speculate northward of £75k.

Surely we all like something different from the 'norm', that's why we, on the whole, don't buy Porsche's and BM's, not to mention the huge difference in price v power. Oh and the Porsche isn't a V8 :thumbsup:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
.....we could start with; red tail lights? DRLS?..........
Yes please! I can imagine wrapping the new lights in red vinyl would be a b1tch!

Really keen to see what options make it over here, we got a lot more than the base US model over here as standard so fingers crossed Ford will pull that off again with the 18. I would probably order with minimal extras so would hope that we get things like premium trim and fully loaded entertainment system as standard which should be the case
Sponsored