Sponsored

We can all be happy to have a 2015-17

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Tough one but I'd be tempted to wait on MY18. After all, we're pretty good at waiting on these things...

Obviously we don't know pricing yet but I'd assume insurance wouldn't be paying for all of it.
I'd still do it, otherwise he is gonna be spending money again on tyres, modifications etc. whereas with the new car hopefully the need for a lot of that won't be necessary any more. :)

Based on us getting Magneride, PS4 S tyres etc. ;)
Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Tough one but I'd be tempted to wait on MY18. After all, we're pretty good at waiting on these things...

Obviously we don't know pricing yet but I'd assume insurance wouldn't be paying for all of it.
Yep, insurance will cover at today's cost. I will cover any rise.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I'd still do it, otherwise he is gonna be spending money again on tyres, modifications etc. whereas with the new car hopefully the need for a lot of that won't be necessary any more. :)
Yep, insurance will cover at today's cost. I will cover any rise.
Do it, get the upgrade for limited fee :thumbsup:!
Yup, personal taste aside, the smart financial choice (if there can be one with a V8) is to go for the MY18.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I might wait for an '18.
Have they said what the other, no extra cost, colour will be alongside race red?
The new colours are Orange Fury, Kona Blue and Royal Crimson. I believe all of those (well, I know OF and KB are) are metallic, so will be extra cost.

The remaining colours will be as now.

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT

True, but I will still modify mine to make it personal (as I'm sure you will).

It's like moving into a new house that the previous owners made to how they liked it. You just end up redecorating to suit your tastes (kind of :crazy:)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
True, but I will still modify mine to make it personal (as I'm sure you will).

It's like moving into a new house that the previous owners made to how they liked it. You just end up redecorating to suit your tastes (kind of :crazy:)
Oh no I agree, I was referring to stuff like handling modifications, power and tyres etc.

The car in theory will feel a lot more responsive, or it should do from the engine revision. Then of course the chassis tweaks I reckon is a big rear-end overhaul by Ford due to the sloppy and floaty rear-end, hence why they probably just said chassis improvements in rear and x-bracing, hopefully it will mean no need for stuff like diff mounts and BMR CB005. The magneride if we get it will be a revolution in the handling and comfort.

So all you will have to do is cosmetic stuff, hey who knows Ford might actually give us wheel options and with like 10-12 designs and some of those Ford wheels looking absolute stunning, I'd not be interested in after market, particular those forged polished wheels. :D
Sponsored