Sponsored

Washing/Waxing/Detailing

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
What detergent do you guys use to wash Microfiber towels?

some of the care labels suggest finding a product that excludes a lot of ingredients that are included in your usual washing machine detergents.

I even emailed one company and they said, they did not recommend their own detergent as they have not tested it on microfiber ..... Whether that's just them covering their asses or if it means it could actually ruin the towels I don't know.

Suggestions?
https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint/mwash

Just throw your microfibre towels, waffle weave towels etc. into a clean bucket with the mint mwash and let soak and hand rinse or use it in a washing machine ....works very well...the reviews at the bottom of the page are good reading.
Sponsored

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
2016 manual triple yellow with gt stripes
What detergent do you guys use to wash Microfiber towels?

some of the care labels suggest finding a product that excludes a lot of ingredients that are included in your usual washing machine detergents.

I even emailed one company and they said, they did not recommend their own detergent as they have not tested it on microfiber ..... Whether that's just them covering their asses or if it means it could actually ruin the towels I don't know.

Suggestions?

I put in my laundry basket and my lovely wife she washes in the machine for me :D

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
2016 manual triple yellow with gt stripes
One thing i have to say fellas that Armorall Bug and Tar gel is dynamite. Use it for the wash and then wash your toys after that.

BTW its cheap as chips price wise

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I put in my laundry basket and my lovely wife she washes in the machine for me :D
Check this out.... yes a 20 min video on cleaning microfiber towels....maybe a little excessive but have a look at the 11:45ish min mark.

You probably dont want to put them in with your clothes!

[ame]

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
If anyone is using the foam lance attachment
Which PH neutral shampoo are you using & recommend?
Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If anyone is using the foam lance attachment
Which PH neutral shampoo are you using & recommend?
Thanks in advance!

Mint Snow Foam gets good reviews, Ill be using that. Dont know if its ph neutral, havnt seen anything that specifically says it is or not.

[ame]

Last edited:

peambros

Inner westie
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
RR MY2016 V8 Fastback
Where do you get this from and do you have a special attachment to your hp cleaner or is in the attachment that it comes with. I have a gurney and it comes with a snap on bottle but no foam comes out just sudsy water.

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
+1 for mint snow foam. I buy mine from car care products, and use a foam attachment that fits on my Karcher washer.

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Those that use the snow foam do you find it thoroughly removes all grit and grime?
no foam wash gun cleans your car completely. It still needs agitation with your wash mitt. Its just an added safety measure to resist swirl marks. The foam "encapsulates" the grit, making for a safer removal.

Adam's sell a really good foam gun that attaches to your regular garden hose. It doesn't produce the thick lather of a gun connected to a Karcher etc but its an awesome, easier alternative to dragging out the Karcher every time. Best part is you can detach the foam lance part and use it to rinse as the gun itself provides a really good jet / stream

https://www.adamspolishes.com.au/product/adams-car-wash-foam-gun/

Sponsored

camo74x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Ingot
All my stuff is from Final Inspection. Very impressed with it and would recommend. Check out their you tube page.

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
I will be picking up a whole bunch of Adams Polishes stuff. Looks the goods.

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
This is a really good thread with plenty of places mentioned to pick up detailing goodies.

Does anyone here use a dual action or rotary buffer/polisher?

Also, does anyone use a clay bar?

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
This is a really good thread with plenty of places mentioned to pick up detailing goodies.

Does anyone here use a dual action or rotary buffer/polisher?

Also, does anyone use a clay bar?
I have a DS6 Pro da polisher with lake country pads and mizerna polishes that I bought from car care products....worth its weight in gold and very easy to use...I clay before I use it.

I used it to polish out some scratches that I put in our xr6t when I was leaning over it wearing a hoodie with a zip...the zip scratched the guard when I was working on the engine. I should have known better.
The car is black and I was sure I had gone through the clear coat in half a dozen places. Some wet sanding with 2500 grit paper and half hour of the da polishing and they were gone completely, followed up with a polymer sealant. In fact the guard looked so good that I had to do the whole car.
The info from Wildb and the first few posters of this thread was invaluable.
Sponsored