Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Had a look at that site a week ago. Was going to order then realised postage for 6 towels was $48 lol
Yeah, That is a lot for shipping haha. Might be worth emailing them, they were quite helpful with my order months ago.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Yeah, That is a lot for shipping haha. Might be worth emailing them, they were quite helpful with my order months ago.
Emailing them? Can they use a different shipping company?

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Emailing them? Can they use a different shipping company?
I just found they were really helpful, I ordered during the Black Friday sales, on top of that they gave me Wholesale Pricing, and helped me take full advantage of the shipping bracket I was paying.
eg 'we can fit xx amount more in this box and you will pay the same shipping'.

It all adds up, and I would rather pay a bit more for more product than just throw money away at a shipping company.

$48 postage for 6 towels doesn't sound right, at all, sometimes USA websites spit out weird numbers for international orders.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
I just found they were really helpful, I ordered during the Black Friday sales, on top of that they gave me Wholesale Pricing, and helped me take full advantage of the shipping bracket I was paying.
eg 'we can fit xx amount more in this box and you will pay the same shipping'.

It all adds up, and I would rather pay a bit more for more product than just throw money away at a shipping company.

$48 postage for 6 towels doesn't sound right, at all, sometimes USA websites spit out weird numbers for international orders.
The cost of the towels weren't the issue. I thought you meant the shipping option. Even if they gave the 6 towels for free, it's still $48 for postage.

I think I'll get some from Chemguys AU. Won't be the same quality I'm sure... But I think I'm too cheap to pay that much for shipping even if the towels were made from an angels ass hair :p

Between the sprayed on multi coat Opti Coat Pro+ AND a leaf blower, doubt there would be that much need for drying :D

Sponsored

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Shadow Black, 17/Feb
Another place which i have found some good deals on microfiber towels etc. is Costco, the range is limited........but the quality is great.

On a different note, people who'd be going the full synthetic route for oil, Costco does great prices on Mobil 1, which I reckon is one of the better oils out there !

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Costco does great prices on Mobil 1, which I reckon is one of the better oils out there !
Wouldn't use that stuff in a corolla lol... Nah, it's alright. But Mobil 1 just have great marketing.

Amsoil, Penrite and Royal Purple ftw

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
2016 manual triple yellow with gt stripes
For those off the shelf products (ie. Autobarn & Supercheap), I've been told to go for Meguires or Autoglym. Rainx is good for cleaning glass.

Mate go for Meguire's and trust me you won't look back.

I use all the meguire's stuff and I have been using it for at least 7 years no issues wht so ever.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
So I thought I would update what my current go to products are, some are waiting to be purchased
Microfibre
Microfibre Drying - Concours Tempest
Microfibre Polishing/Buffing: Councours Firestorm
Microfibre General - Costco premium towels (I will change these to edgeless when I run out)

Wash
Wash - Angelwax Superior Shampoo
Wash Mitt/Sponge - Aquatouch ultra microfiber wash mitt
Tyre brush - Microfiber from Supercheap auto
Buckets - Concours Grit Guard 2 Bucket wash system

Exterior
All purpose cleaner - HD Total
Quick exterior detailer - Angelwax QED Exterior Detail Spray
Spray Wax - Mothers California Gold Spray Wax
Wheel cleaner - Bowden's Own Wheely Clean

Interior
Leather - Autoglym Leather Cleaner and Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Conditioner
Interior - Autoglym Interior Cleaner (not a fan, a little oily so I will change it to HD Total)

Sponsored

MuzzStang

2015 Black GT 'vert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 GT vert with Roush extras.
Yeah I've been a Meguire's man for years also, right down to their Scratch X. Their Quick Detailer spray has ensured my car has always appeared shiny and new, particularly after driving into work in the rain then driving home on a sunny and clear afternoon.

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What detergent do you guys use to wash Microfiber towels?

some of the care labels suggest finding a product that excludes a lot of ingredients that are included in your usual washing machine detergents.

I even emailed one company and they said, they did not recommend their own detergent as they have not tested it on microfiber ..... Whether that's just them covering their asses or if it means it could actually ruin the towels I don't know.

Suggestions?
Sponsored