Sponsored

Viking Shocks - The PP "Bounce" is Gone!

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I sure would like to sell my Vikings ..They are the newest ones ..Make me a fair offer ..

Yes they rattle at low speeds over small bumps .. They are listed in the for sale thread with pictures ..

Ryubb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
Took my vikings off tonight and put the pp shocks back on. Test drove, no noise at all and much less bouncy!! Rode great, I just wanted a little more dampening than pp ones.

How ever past week my passenger viking shock felts no compression or rebound and only it was making the noise I believe. Small color displacement under passenger shock on my garage floor too..

I am contacting viking tomorrow to send in and hopefully repair one and test the other one.

I will give them one more try to make it right.

That doesn't work out, file a complaint with the state attorney general and see what happens.

Hindsight, I should have swapped the shocks to see if I could reproduce the noise on driver side. :headbonk:

OP
OP

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
In case anyone is interested - preordered Koni Yellows from TireRack for $720 shipped (20% off sale).

Hase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT Performance Package
Has anyone successfully run these without issues? I have a PP GT and just want to get rid of the bouncy rear end. I should mention that I am on stock suspension.

Sponsored

Ryubb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
Sent my shocks back to viking to repair/replace almost 2 weeks ago.

Viking called me and apologized for all the headache. They are keeping my shocks and contacted LP to issue a refund. :headbang:

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I'd love to send mine back and get a refund ..

Falconeddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTP DIBM Auto 20"
I would like to hear how many have these installed and love them....anyone? Is anyone satisfied?

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I sent a PM to the Vender I got mine from and he is not returning my PMs so far ..

I sent an Email to Viking about the problem , I hope they get the Vender to do a refund ... I wanted to buy a set of ID1000 injectors from this Vender but I guess he doesn't want my money anymore ..:crazy:

Last edited:

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I would like to hear how many have these installed and love them....anyone? Is anyone satisfied?
I sell 2-5 sets of these a week and customers love them. Heinz up in canada, this is his only suspension mod, and he's going 9.7's on the stock suspension, axles, ds everything.

the shocks make all the difference in the suspension on these cars. controlling the rear end is the single most important thing you can do for getting a car to hook

these shocks are designed to get you car to hook, not that people don't use them on the street, but they are mainly used to get your car to work at the track, and they FAR exceed what anything else out there will do.

we updated our site with

Tech Note: Due to OEM design of the lower rear shock mount and the general articulation of the rear suspension, you may experience more noise compared to stock shock design. Viking Double Adjustable Shocks use poly bushings instead of rubber bushings in which a potential noise issue is possible. SHOCKS ARE NOT RETURNABLE AFTER INSTALLATION.

and they still sell great

I sent a PM to the Vender I got mine from and he is not returning my PMs so far ..

I sent an Email to Viking about the problem , I hope they get the Vender to do a refund ... I wanted to buy a set of ID1000 injectors from this Vender but I guess he doesn't want my money anymore ..:crazy:
pms are never ignored, sometimes missed, sometimes delayed simply due to getting about 200 emails a day and about the same # of pms between all the forums and facebooks.

you have my cell as well just as all customers and if you don't get an answer within an hour or two, are always welcome to call or text

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I sell 2-5 sets of these a week and customers love them. Heinz up in canada, this is his only suspension mod, and he's going 9.7's on the stock suspension, axles, ds everything.

the shocks make all the difference in the suspension on these cars. controlling the rear end is the single most important thing you can do for getting a car to hook

these shocks are designed to get you car to hook, not that people don't use them on the street, but they are mainly used to get your car to work at the track, and they FAR exceed what anything else out there will do.

we updated our site with

Tech Note: Due to OEM design of the lower rear shock mount and the general articulation of the rear suspension, you may experience more noise compared to stock shock design. Viking Double Adjustable Shocks use poly bushings instead of rubber bushings in which a potential noise issue is possible. SHOCKS ARE NOT RETURNABLE AFTER INSTALLATION.

pms are never ignored, sometimes missed, sometimes delayed simply due to getting about 200 emails a day and about the same # of pms between all the forums and facebooks.

you have my cell as well just as all customers and if you don't get an answer within an hour or two, are always welcome to call or text

[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION], I'll be buying the crusaders in May. I was going to get them now but I ended up buying a quick jack lift for my garage lol.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION], I'll be buying the crusaders in May. I was going to get them now but I ended up buying a quick jack lift for my garage lol.
make working on that sled easier

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..

we updated our site with

Never said that they don't work ... Just said like many others that they rattle like hell ...I have drove 4 links and Ladders bars on the street with double adjustable shocks that didn't make as much noise ..:shrug:

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I have had my crusader shocks on my car since mid January bought from Terry at beef cake racing. I have not heard any noises from them after installing them. I also made sure when I secured the lower mount that has slots in the cross bar to center it in the lower opening.

I am still trying to find a balance for daily driving/cruising and WOT fun. I love the way the shocks control the rear suspension at WOT!
Sponsored