Sponsored

Viking Shocks - The PP "Bounce" is Gone!

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
the new version is only a revision to the upper mount. it has nothing to do with the internals or the lower mount.

the clunking is internal shock body and has to do with the valving, IMO so the shocks would require a complete redesign. If you have loud exhaust, you might not even hear it, which is what I suspect is happening when some say, "No problem on our end."
This is very true " If you have loud exhaust, you might not even hear it"

I have stock exhaust and I want to keep it that way .. After installing the updated shocks and when a short ride I had flames coming out my ears !!

Beefcake and Viking all said they have sold 1000s of them and never heard of a rattle problem ..:crazy: It may as Terry has said be a great drag shock and work killer on the drag strip but that doesn't mean it doesn't rattle because they said so ..Clearly the members here with the Viking drag shocks are having a problem ( rattling ) .. I spent over 500 bucks on these shocks and now the car sounds like a 300k mile worn out rattle trap .. I don't think we will get a fix , the Vendors just don't give flip about this ..:rant: If they did care they would have offered a full refund ..Fat chance that will happen ..
Sponsored

Ryubb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
After driving a little bit today, yes I hear mine rattle. Kinda like it feels loose and almost slightly shakes. I feel like I have this sunk feeling wasting a bit of money...I am currently hoping its because the shocks are out of spec compared to the original. Dunno, what I am going to do. Guess I'll contact my state attorney general and see the legality of getting a refund.

P.s. contacted Lethalperformance first to check my options since I bought 2 weeks ago.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Best solution is do not buy viking products as far as I can tell....

anyone want to buy some viking crusaders?
I'll buy your shocks if it comes with a house on Canyon Lake or River Road ...:D

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
in reality I don't think it hurts performance or means they are broken. however it is SUPER annoying and the description should tell people, these shocks may be noisier than stock, sort of like if you get diff bushings or solid mounts, etc they tell you straight up, these work great but are not quiet like stock, this is your trade off take it or leave it.

don't make people spend hundreds of dollars and be surprised. no one likes that.

Sponsored

Ryubb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
Here is some new info. Today I decided to jack up the car and change settings. I was on 5c7r and it was rattling like hell in subdivison. Changed the compression from 5 to 9 and left rebound at 7. so i decided on 9c7r and test her out, hoping this setting be similar to pp shocks. No more rattling, it was nice and firm, not to mention a little bouncy, but changed it for the better. However at this setting, I do hear a minor squeak coming from back passenger shock going uphill. Hope more play tuning will eliminate that squeak and bounce, however I was shocked about the rattle going away. Since i'm stuck with them, might as well test them.

I wanted to mimic the stock pp shock and see how to behaves/noises. ill probably up the rebound from 7 to 12 and leave compression on 9 tomorrow.

I believe the mods have a effect on how these shocks sound,not to mention the shock settings itself. I'll keep updating.

My suspension mods BMR SP080 springs / CB005 cradle lockout / Viking warriors.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Here is some new info. Today I decided to jack up the car and change settings. I was on 5c7r and it was rattling like hell in subdivison. Changed the compression from 5 to 9 and left rebound at 7. so i decided on 9c7r and test her out, hoping this setting be similar to pp shocks. No more rattling, it was nice and firm, not to mention a little bouncy, but changed it for the better. However at this setting, I do hear a minor squeak coming from back passenger shock going uphill. Hope more play tuning will eliminate that squeak and bounce, however I was shocked about the rattle going away. Since i'm stuck with them, might as well test them.

I wanted to mimic the stock pp shock and see how to behaves/noises. ill probably up the rebound from 7 to 12 and leave compression on 9 tomorrow.

I believe the mods have a effect on how these shocks sound,not to mention the shock settings itself. I'll keep updating.

My suspension mods BMR SP080 springs / CB005 cradle lockout / Viking warriors.
I have mine set at 2 and 6 right now ( drag racing ) ..It rattles bad ... Weds I'm hitting the track and make some adjustments and see what works best .. Maybe a tighter setting will make the rattle go away.. If it does I can use that setting on the street and just reset them for the track when I go to the track .. It's worth a try for sure ..:thumbsup:

5.0 Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Sounds like $500 not well spent....but no other options currently sucks!

Jbenso127

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP M6 Ingot/Saddle.
I have mine set at 2 and 6 right now ( drag racing ) ..It rattles bad ... Weds I'm hitting the track and make some adjustments and see what works best .. Maybe a tighter setting will make the rattle go away.. If it does I can use that setting on the street and just reset them for the track when I go to the track .. It's worth a try for sure ..:thumbsup:

Which track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Nine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have a set of the Warriors I bought during a Black Friday sale. They're the new revision. I put them on in early December at the same time as some other stuff and noticed that there was more NVH over bumps, notably a clunk coming from the right rear wheel when hitting a larger bump, but after considering the shocks as the source I simply chalked it up to all the other stuff I had done as well. It wasn't really common or loud enough to be annoying and I didn't feel like pulling a bunch of stuff off to see if I could isolate it.

Fast forward to a week ago. All of a sudden I get this rattling like something is loose, really loose, in the rear suspension on the left side. It's most noticeable after driving for a few miles and at low speeds (say under 30.) Virtually every bump or crack in the pavement results in a considerable rattle that's easily audible when driving. I jacked the car up and pulled the rear wheels and checked every bolt in the rear suspension. Not a single thing was loose. Based on the descriptions of noise from other people I'm strongly leaning towards these shocks being the culprit. This new noise is so annoying that I'm not going to let it go and this weekend I'll be swapping my PP rear shocks back on to see if it disappears.

EDIT: I had them on 4/6 and tried changing the valving to 5/7. It made no difference. Also, with the wheel off the left side if I place my hand on the top of the rotor and push down sharply I get a sound that's like a muted version of the noise (I'm sure commensurate with my pushing down vs. the weight of the car moving around when driving.) Another thing I noticed is that after driving the car if I let it sit for a minute and then rock it side to side a couple times I'm greeted with a single louder clunk sound and then a few more quieter ones as I keep rocking it. It doesn't seem to exhibit that behavior if the car is sitting after not being driven for a while, which lines up with when I hear this rattling.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I tried a few different setting at the track tonight .. Track prep was bad but I think the shocks helped some with traction... But the rattle is still there no matter where I set the adjustors too.. As this point I wish I had my 500 bucks back..

Ryubb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
I wish it weren't so.

I ordered Koni rear shocks little bit ago to replace them, then will be offering viking up for grabs if someone doesn't care about nvh. I can't handle it, but some people doesn't bother, especially for a good deal.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I removed my PP shocks with the intention of sending them to Viking for a second time, then selling then. I'll just trash them to avoid having a negative transaction on my name in case.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
You can see on this site how fast the Venders jump in to sell you something ... But if you have a problem ... Zip ....Nothing .... Remember that next time they try to push something on you ..
Sponsored