V Power or regular unleaded?

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Had a search but mostly results for Stateside.

I've always used regular unleaded in every thing I've owned.

Nowadays I don't do a great many miles so fuel cost isn't a major issue. Are there any issues running V Power then switching back and forth depending on availability in the V8? Any real advantage to running V Power?

No doubt there are more views than I can shake a stick at but I'd like to hear your opinions.

Ta very much.
Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn’t tell the difference when running the car stock. However if you are running a tune then get it set up for vpower (the Americans call it a 93 tune) although in American units vpower is actually 94. Then you will notice a sizeable difference.

Vpower is wide spread in the UK at least. I have never had to put anything else in the tank in the last 4000 miles.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
vpower, i could notice the difference, i run tesco99 but it's all the same shit when it's 99.

if you're not tuned and it's just a dialy you pootle around in and dont care too much about performance, don't bother, if you want that extra pzazz from the car, do it, the car will be healther because of it (If you don't believe me whack a tuner in the car and check how the ECU is reacting to the fuel, it really doesn't like "basic" fuel - imagine feeding salad to a 3 year old instead of chocolate)

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You wont notice a lick of difference. The Coyote engine is designed to run on the junkiest American regular you can find (87 "Regular" in the states, 91 RON here). Standard supermarket fuel (91 "Premium" in the states, 95 RON here) is more than enough to keep the engine happy. I ran my '15 GT on Esso Premium 97 (93/94 in the states) for months, and the only thing it achieved was flushing endless amounts of cash down the toilet. If the car is not stock and you are tuning it for more power, you will need to run it on the equivalent of American 93, thus anything with a rating at 97 or over will work.

vpower, i could notice the difference, i run tesco99 but it's all the same shit when it's 99.
You run a turbo so it will make a difference. It even states in the manual that EBs see power reduction on bog-standard regular 87 with 93 (97 RON) recommended.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You wont notice a lick of difference. The Coyote engine is designed to run on the junkiest American regular you can find (87 "Regular" in the states, 91 RON here). Standard supermarket fuel (91 "Premium" in the states, 95 RON here) is more than enough to keep the engine happy. I ran my '15 GT on Esso Premium 97 (93/94 in the states) for months, and the only thing it achieved was flushing endless amounts of cash down the toilet. If the car is not stock and you are tuning it for more power, you will need to run it on the equivalent of American 93, thus anything with a rating at 97 or over will work.

You run a turbo so it will make a difference. It even states in the manual that EBs see power reduction on bog-standard regular 87 with 93 (97 RON) recommended.
Literally worth 50 horsepower for an EBM between 99 and american 87, it's madness.... That said there's another 50 from running E85 lol!

Sponsored

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

with a tune though i will second that it's a very noticeable difference.

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof

if you're not tuned and it's just a dialy you pootle around in and dont care too much about performance, don't bother, if you want that extra pzazz from the car, do it, the car will be healther because of it (If you don't believe me whack a tuner in the car and check how the ECU is reacting to the fuel, it really doesn't like "basic" fuel - imagine feeding salad to a 3 year old instead of chocolate)
We are off into the Highlands tomorrow once we pick the car from the showroom in Inverness. Higher octane fuel is not always readily available in out lying places. Where possible I will use the good stuff , but in some cases normal unleaded is your only choice.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
We are off into the Highlands tomorrow once we pick the car from the showroom in Inverness. Higher octane fuel is not always readily available in out lying places. Where possible I will use the good stuff , but in some cases normal unleaded is your only choice.
I don't disagree, but if we all analyse every particular difference bu location etc, we kinda just gotta assume everyone can get "the good stuff"

OP
OP

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
It's a bit of a pain in the bum to have to go all the way to Inverness just for a Mustang.

I came back via Granton and Keith after picking mine up. Only 3 cars in front of me the whole journey. Lovely first drive. Mind you getting out of the dealership was a bit of a tight squeeze.

Enjoy.

Sponsored

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a bit of a pain in the bum to have to go all the way to Inverness just for a Mustang.

I came back via Granton and Keith after picking mine up. Only 3 cars in front of me the whole journey. Lovely first drive. Mind you getting out of the dealership was a bit of a tight squeeze.

Enjoy.
Not a pain in any shape or form :D we are getting the train from Insch to Inverness, getting pick up by dealer. Once deal is done. We are off to Altnaharra for an overnight......and that is truly in the middle of nowhere :D

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Myweepony, you're not joking about the tight squeeze. My first 100 metres in a Mustang was attempting to drive out of the garage in Inverness with about 2 inches space each side, all lined with new Fords.

I took the train up from Aberdeen with my Dad, who had assumed I was heading to pick up a Focus RS. You want to have seen his face when we walked past all the RS and unlocked the big black monster lol :D

Nice drive home mind you :thumbsup:

And ian2144 enjoy the pick up and first few days with the Mustang, it really is an epic car unlike anything else on the road really .. I don't own a cowboy hat but am often seen and heard with Nashville pumping out the windows :ninja:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
And ian2144 enjoy the pick up and first few days with the Mustang, it really is an epic car unlike anything else on the road really .. I don't own a cowboy hat but am often seen and heard with Nashville pumping out the windows :ninja:
make note of closest tyre shop go straight from garage to there and put some good tyres on because the first few miles on the pzero's is terrifying especially if its cold/wet/icy which lets face it its Scotland chances are its one of those 3.

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Myweepony, you're not joking about the tight squeeze. My first 100 metres in a Mustang was attempting to drive out of the garage in Inverness with about 2 inches space each side, all lined with new Fords.

I took the train up from Aberdeen with my Dad, who had assumed I was heading to pick up a Focus RS. You want to have seen his face when we walked past all the RS and unlocked the big black monster lol :D

Nice drive home mind you :thumbsup:

Truly looking forward to this.....and the following weekend I’m doing the NC500, so won’t be long to it’s run in :D:D
Sponsored