OP

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
make note of closest tyre shop go straight from garage to there and put some good tyres on because the first few miles on the pzero's is terrifying especially if its cold/wet/icy which lets face it its Scotland chances are its one of those 3.
I have to agree with this. Even the slightest prod of the pedal has the car fish tailing down the road in this coldish weather. They're a bit better when they're warmed up but not much.

Anyways, back to fuel. Thanks for the answers so far, anymore views/experiences?
Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Only ever put v power in mine, although mine is now tuned for it.

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Back on topic - I used V-power but that might be more of a habit than any actual science. I'm used to running Scoobies and remapped turbo cars, so a minimum of 98 RON, especially with the Japanese stuff.

I do think the Mustang runs a bit smoother on V-power, and lets face it when it's only doing [MENTION=33313]17[/MENTION]0 miles with a full tank, I may as well go the whole hog and feed it the expensive stuff.

I also agree on the P-zero's, they feel like they're totally solid when it's under 5 degrees, after having the springs changed it crabs like a bugger on full lock, and there's an uphill junction, hard right hand turn I frequent that no matter how little I am on throttle the right rear spins up, which I am assuming is LSD related. It won't actually wiggle (unless I want it to) but you can hear the tyre lose traction.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I will never understand why people don’t want to treat their pride and joy to the best of everything.
Best tyres
Best tune
Best aftermarket parts
Best oil
So why wouldn’t you put the best fuel in?
Very true, I guess it depends if the car is a keeper, I fill with Vpower out of habit even the Jag gets it though according to manual it only needs 95 RON, but like Mustang it is outfitted with knock sensors so better fuel means less knock and more timing added.

Also even if your can't take advantage of the 99, do remember Vpower is full of cleaning additives which do a good job.

But this is so right I see so many people fitting coilovers, polybushes, other suspension upgrades wanting to make their car drive nicer, grip better and handle great, then when it comes to tyres they've got Wanli, Ling longs fitted and you just have to scratch your head and ask but why?

People seem to massivley over look tyres, on a British wet road you could have a Mustang with coilovers, suspension upgrades and the whole lot, but if your gonna fit ling longs, well the guy with the stock Mustang on Pilot Sports will be able to go faster, stop faster and be safer.

Sponsored

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I agree, the next 'mod' for me is some decent rubber. I guess I've been waiting for some (relatively) better weather up here as the Mustang will likely be as useless in snow on decent summer performance rubber as it is on the PZero's.

OP
OP

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
My Googling Fu seems to have deserted me. Where are you Aberdeenshire chaps buying this stuff?

V Power or Tesco around the Inverurie area, would be helpful.

You English punters may laugh, but it's like a 3rd World country up here sometimes.

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
My Googling Fu seems to have deserted me. Where are you Aberdeenshire chaps buying this stuff?

V Power or Tesco around the Inverurie area, would be helpful.

You English punters may laugh, but it's like a 3rd World country up here sometimes.
The BP garage (Laurence of Kemny) that’s it......Tesco don’t do Momentum in Inverurie.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
There's a bit of a lack in Arbroath too. Need to go to Montrose. Guess they need it for their getaway cars... ;)
Sponsored