Trying to decide on M1 vs GT premium

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
So, I am looking at the Eruption green Mustang. With the options I am looking at, Auto, PP1 package, Magneride, active exhaust, 401a, nav and comparing it to a similarly equipped M1, the price difference with tax in MI is about 5K. Negatives in the GT is the look, sound of the M1 unique exhaust, Pirelli vs Michelin, axle cooler, GT500 suspension parts. The real gain in the GT is the availablity of the forged chrome wheels and adaptive cruise.

My '21 M1 was a stick, but the handling and drive experience was very good. How much actual difference will exist driving the two. Any ideas on this?

Really hoping that someone that has owned the pp1 auto vs the M1 auto would be able to chime in as well.
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Mach 1 hands down.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
PP1 will have better street ride. Unless you’re tracking, too marginal of an increase in performance to warrant $5k premium.

Just decide if $5k more is worth it to have the “look” and a bit more unique car.

Magnetic904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
OP i sorta went through a similar decision just this week. Ive been eyeing the mach1 and had to admit to myself what was really drawing myself in was just the styling. I own a 2020 GT prem PP1 that ive already thrown some mods at and paid off the car, and didnt want to spend 60k for a brand new mach (based on how i optioned it) to have too many similarities to the GT. If the engine had notable upgrades or the interior was different from the GT i have now, i would likely be swayed.
The mach has no ACC or rear parking sensors, and while gorgeous those 19x10 and 19x11 wheels on the handling pack just are too wide IMO for a daily car. Also exhaust is a big thing for me and i already run an H pipe with borla s types on my car, the mach comes with its own tips and valance and i dont see any catback systems that seem to work with the mach short of cutting the tips off. In the end do what makes you happy and you can afford IMO, this was just my 2 cents. Im also gonna hold out and maybe move into the s650 provided its not ugly AF. Good luck.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So, I am looking at the Eruption green Mustang. With the options I am looking at, Auto, PP1 package, Magneride, active exhaust, 401a, nav and comparing it to a similarly equipped M1, the price difference with tax in MI is about 5K. Negatives in the GT is the look, sound of the M1 unique exhaust, Pirelli vs Michelin, axle cooler, GT500 suspension parts. The real gain in the GT is the availablity of the forged chrome wheels and adaptive cruise.

My '21 M1 was a stick, but the handling and drive experience was very good. How much actual difference will exist driving the two. Any ideas on this?

Really hoping that someone that has owned the pp1 auto vs the M1 auto would be able to chime in as well.
Why do you no longer own the 21 M1?

To me, the M1 still be the choice based on your GT negatives listed. Not only that, the GT positives of rims and adaptive cruise isn't worth anything - rims are rims, they can be changed out or upgraded. Adaptive cruise - unless you're route is consistently open highway where cruise is used 85% of the time or better, again it's moot.

Then comes the next question:
Is it going to be a daily driver or garage queen? If a garage queen than the $5k delta, price paid OTD and the negatives/positives you're weighing go out the window anyway because you're not going to be driving it enough to even really experience or enjoy the car...

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for everyone's input. I had a life event that caused the sale of the M1 which I am not sharing. Plus the stick is slower. I prefer the A10.
I am leaning towards the GT only because I do not want to modify the car and I am not a fan of the M1's wheels. I am an older person that had muscle cars for the last 50 years. Chrome was, and to me, still is the classy way to dress up the car.
I am not a fan of black accent parts. Those of us that have gotten used to ACC know it's value especially where I live in a rural setting with so many slow pokes varying their speed.
The M1 to me rode better than the Bullitt that I owned a couple of years ago that had magneride (basically pp1 with mr). How Ford got better handling out of the M1 with a better ride is amazing.
I was hoping for someone that had both the pp1 with magneride comparing it to the M1 both in the 10r80.
The other plus for the M1 is the resale. Since I may only keep the car a few years, it seems even the Bullitts have fared better than the GT.
I learn from everyone's input. All is welcome.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
M1 with the Magnetic wheel option.
M1 is a way better looking ride.
M1 has upgraded cooling and suspension
M1 has better torque converter for the A10
M1 is a limited production car with better resale
No brainer IMO

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
M1 with the Magnetic wheel option.
M1 is a way better looking ride.
M1 has upgraded cooling and suspension
M1 has better torque converter for the A10
M1 is a limited production car with better resale
No brainer IMO
Thanks for the feedback. I know you ordered yours about the time I ordered my 6m M1. So, now that you have had yours a while, would you still do the A10? Have you tracked it yet? Thanks.

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
5k is a big chunk of the cost of a supercharger. Doesn't seem like much of a choice frommy side

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback. I know you ordered yours about the time I ordered my 6m M1. So, now that you have had yours a while, would you still do the A10? Have you tracked it yet? Thanks.
Hey Bob, thats a loaded question. Honestly, I would love to have both. Sometimes I miss the control you have with the manual, and the satisfaction of rowing through the gears. Other times I'm glad I don't have to. I actually really enjoy using the paddles. I have gotten used to the 10 speed quirks and know that it will drive like shit until it's warmed up. I also like that the wife and my kids can drive it, where they weren't interested in learning stick.
When I took mine to the local track, and auto-cross, I was amazed how good the A10 was in track mode, it felt much faster than the manual I drove in Charlotte. It also let me as a beginner concentrate on my lines more.
After a lifetime full of sport bikes, and manual sports cars, it's kinda cool to experience an auto sports car for once.
Sponsored