Sponsored

Trading up to GT. 400a or 401a?

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
For an older guy 6'2 guy like myself, the 401a memory seats sure makes life easier when entering and exiting the car. I like the BLIS as well, nice feature. The subwoofer is meh, unless you are really cranking the music..
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
When I git my car it had the shaker pro. Normally I would by a car with the base radio and upgrade it as soon as possible. After haveing the shaker I actually like it. I like not having to move around a 2x110 inch sub box to make room in my trunk! The sound is actually pretty decent. And now that I'm 43, I'm not trying to wake up the whole damn neighborhood anymore!
I'm with you. I am an audio freak and actually used to compete in car audio competitions in the past, but I'm really beyond all the hassle of dealing with aftermarket stuff and getting it to sound decent. Obviously there are points for improvement in the Shaker Pro (the sub bass is under par and it could really do with better tweeters) but overall the sound isn't half bad. As such it's the best OEM system I've ever had.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I'm with you. I am an audio freak and actually used to compete in car audio competitions in the past, but I'm really beyond all the hassle of dealing with aftermarket stuff and getting it to sound decent. Obviously there are points for improvement in the Shaker Pro (the sub bass is under par and it could really do with better tweeters) but overall the sound isn't half bad. As such it's the best OEM system I've ever had.
I agree totally. Some people are saying its garbage, crap...whatever. But overall for a stock system it pretty good. My F150 has the Sony system, it is better than the base F150 system, but only marginally. But compare the Sony to the Shaker and there is a world of difference. Shaker is 100X better than Sony.;)

I mixed sound for bar bands way back in to day, so I have 'some" idea what sounds good. And there is no doubt, the bass is lacking, but can be felt somewhat as well as heard. The high end could use a little more "TSST", if ya know what I mean. Mids are fine, just bring'em down a bit.

I don't think the trunk is the best location for the sub, but it is hidden well and takes up minimum trunk space.

I didn't get 401A for the sound system only, but now that I have it, I am glad I did....:thumbsup:

OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
There is a 2017 black GT/CS 401a on a dealer's lot that is tempting me beyond belief...

Sponsored

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
When I git my car it had the shaker pro. Normally I would by a car with the base radio and upgrade it as soon as possible. After haveing the shaker I actually like it. I like not having to move around a 2x110 inch sub box to make room in my trunk! The sound is actually pretty decent. And now that I'm 43, I'm not trying to wake up the whole damn neighborhood anymore!
I agree. To me, it sounds fine. I mostly listen to HD radio or my iPod, and I think it sounds pretty good. I'm not looking to loosen my fillings or crack the windows. I just want to listen to some music without much distortion at moderate volume. I have no plans to change anything.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
There is a 2017 black GT/CS 401a on a dealer's lot that is tempting me beyond belief...
DO IT!!!!!!!:cheers: Suede insert seats are really nice...:thumbsup:

I absolutely love mine. No regrets what so ever...:D

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
I agree. To me, it sounds fine. I mostly listen to HD radio or my iPod, and I think it sounds pretty good. I'm not looking to loosen my fillings or crack the windows. I just want to listen to some music without much distortion at moderate volume. I have no plans to change anything.
Sounds good to me too. Way better than the fender system in my last car. 13 VW Jetta.

Oiten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP, 401a, Nav
I've owned both a 400 and 401 car in the past couple of years. I switched only because my 400 got totaled. I can honestly say that to me 401 has been worth every penny.

The BLIS has been an absolute savior in the hell of Saint Louis traffic. The cross traffic alert is really nice as well since people here don't know how to park and think they own the parking lots as well.

The memory seat has been great as well, since I'm a large guy at 6'3" using the easy exit and entry feature has been great and my back has thanked me.

The 401 audio is far better than the 400, though it still needs room for improvement. While I am a big audio freak, I like the cleanliness of the sub being installed flush into the side of the trunk, so I have no plans on changing anything about that anytime soon.

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
401a...aw you remembered me :love:

OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
DO IT!!!!!!!:cheers: Suede insert seats are really nice...:thumbsup:

I absolutely love mine. No regrets what so ever...:D
What are you waiting for? Life is short.
I'm trying to really envision black GT/CS the way I would want it. Subtle CS things like mirror caps and spoiler don't pop on all black car so it feels like a little bit of a waste. But I am planning to do subtle accents on bottom plastic pieces in red. Photoshop time.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I'm trying to really envision black GT/CS the way I would want it. Subtle CS things like mirror caps and spoiler don't pop on all black car so it feels like a little bit of a waste. But I am planning to do subtle accents on bottom plastic pieces in red. Photoshop time.
That's why the black ones get silver stripes, which do pop.:cheers:

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
It's part of 401a...not PP. And yes, it helps when spouses are not built the same.
Sponsored