Sponsored

Trading up to GT. 400a or 401a?

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Navigation is a separate $795 option for either 400a or 401a

400a has ambient lighting/my color ? I have it in my 400a. I think what 401a does is it changes the color, along with seat & mirror position, so you can have a customized color scheme for each driver.

401a adds:
Shaker™ Pro Audio System with 12 speakers (vs. 9 speakers with 400a)
HD Radio™
Driver’s seat, mirrors, and ambient lighting with memory feature.
BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert

COSTS $1,795

I say skip 401a, and get LEATHER Recaro's with your 400a for $1,595. You would lose the memory seat anyway with them.

I'm quite happy with my 400a, + nav, performance pack, & recaros. I do kind of wish I got painted black roof $695 & reverse sensors $295, though.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Navigation is a separate $795 option for either 400a or 401a

400a has ambient lighting/my color ? I have it in my 400a. I think what 401a does is it changes the color, along with seat & mirror position, so you can have a customized color scheme for each driver.

401a adds:
Shaker™ Pro Audio System with 12 speakers (vs. 9 speakers with 400a)
HD Radio™
Driver’s seat, mirrors, and ambient lighting with memory feature.
BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert

COSTS $1,795

I say skip 401a, and get LEATHER Recaro's with your 400a for $1,595. You would lose the memory seat anyway with them.

I'm quite happy with my 400a, + nav, performance pack, & recaros. I do kind of wish I got painted black roof $695 & reverse sensors $295, though.
Thanks for the input.

I actually recently bought PP Recaros (from a friend) and had them in my V6 for about a month. I just sold them because frankly I did not find them comfortable. Thigh bolstering kept digging in because of the way I sit. When I put my stock V6 cloth seats in it was such a relief.

I don't really want PP because I drive my Mustang all year round (including salty winters) and don't want to spend $60k CAD for PP+Premium. As a daily premium > PP for me. Also winter driving is another reason why I want leather heated seats.

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
LOL, yeah...it was a bit of a stretch for me at first (I'm 6'2"), but I don't notice the extra reach anymore. I personally like to sit fairly close to the wheel for my size, so not having the easy entry/exit enabled is not an option....as getting in and out is a PITA.
I'm three inches shorter. I could contort myself to start it, but that makes me feel like a little boy in his dad's car. This is my car darn it, and it should feel like it. :D

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
401a easy.

Apple Carplay / Android Auto.

Sponsored

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
Those are premium features and also available in 400a.
My bad, you are right. I forgot!

I would still get 401a simply because of the stereo and everything else it comes with.

Dave99GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang Convertible
For those of you with 401a, ever have someone in the back seat when you turn the car off? Did their legs get amputated just below the knee when the driver's seat went fully back, or did their yelling make you stop the seat before it got that far?

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Thanks for the input.

I actually recently bought PP Recaros (from a friend) and had them in my V6 for about a month. I just sold them because frankly I did not find them comfortable. Thigh bolstering kept digging in because of the way I sit. When I put my stock V6 cloth seats in it was such a relief.

I don't really want PP because I drive my Mustang all year round (including salty winters) and don't want to spend $60k CAD for PP+Premium. As a daily premium > PP for me. Also winter driving is another reason why I want leather heated seats.
Getting in to the Recaros can literally be a pain in the 455, especially for me b/c I sit pretty close to the steering wheel.

I have to back my butt in, squeezing it between steering wheel & back bolsters, then plop in and rotate my legs around! But I really love the way they look, and they feel fine for me while riding in them.

But the Recaros are definitely something that I'd say you really need to "test drive" the fit & feel to make sure your fat or skinny butt, tall or short body, etc... fits in them. There's a sacrifice for me getting in & out, and if I was like a pizza delivery driver getting in & out of the car all day, it would drive me nuts.

OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
For those of you with 401a, ever have someone in the back seat when you turn the car off? Did their legs get amputated just below the knee when the driver's seat went fully back, or did their yelling make you stop the seat before it got that far?
I only have room for 1 passenger beside me :cheers:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
No, no and no........:cheers:

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
My teenage son slightly lost feeling below the waist. Come to think of it, he's still stuck back there.

Seriously though, unless the passenger has tree trunk diameter sausage legs, It won't hurt anyone. They'll get stuck though. Normally, I let it go back far enough to scare them before I hit the third memory seat function which fully retracts the seat so they can escape.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
haha
I do weddings and need to remember not to squash one of the wedding party :D

Grabber By The Bluesy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Premium
I don't recommend the 401A package, it's my one regret. The shaker pro system sounds like garbage.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lighting Blue Mustang GTPP Premium
When I git my car it had the shaker pro. Normally I would by a car with the base radio and upgrade it as soon as possible. After haveing the shaker I actually like it. I like not having to move around a 2x110 inch sub box to make room in my trunk! The sound is actually pretty decent. And now that I'm 43, I'm not trying to wake up the whole damn neighborhood anymore!

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Hello,

I'm planning to upgrade to a GT soon and can't seem to decide whether I should go with a 400a or 401a.

401a includes all 400a features, but also has:

- BLIS (I kind of prefer integrated mirrors)
- Memory seats (neat, but not required)
- Shaker Pro
- Navigation (I would use google maps integration most of the time)
- Ambient lighting (Would be nice, but my color will do)

The only real thing that sways me is the Shaker Pro. I read up some threads about it and it seems to have 2 camps. I understand it's not as good as an aftermarket upgrade, but for a factory upgrade is it worth getting 401a package?

What were your reasons to stick with 400a or get 401a?
I have the 401a... I thought it was a waste of money until I realized what it could do for me.... great package. I got it since it was discounted greatly.

BLIS is simply awesome... love it. It works and helps when you can't see behind you.

I use the memory seats every time I get in the car. I tried getting in and out the car without using it and it hurt (and I'm not a large human... 160 to 165 lbs).

Shaker pro is not so great standard... but awesome once you change out the rear speakers. Changing out the rear speakers evens out the sound... my #1 or #2 mod... lol

Navigation on the 15 was crap... I use my phone with a phone mount next to the nav. Although, I do like it for when the tank is getting empty and it pulls up gas stations. And the list of food, gas, etc at exits when on the hwy is great as well. For those two things, when you need them, navigation is worth it. I hear nav is better after 2016 model year.

I turn off all interior lights and dim what I can't turn off.... ambient lighting means very little to me.

I like the packages... worth the money, if the overall cost of the car is not raised through the roof.
Sponsored