redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Okay glad it wasn't just mine. I pulled mine out of the box that way. Never had a thermostat do that before.
Yeah I just took a gamble. Figured what would be the chances with a hand built part that you wouldn't notice that when assembling it if it was wrong? I was already starting the install so took a chance. So far so good for me. Let me know if you have any issues. It takes a while to open up at idle for bleeding procedures. Didn't really open and start circulating till I finally decided to hold the RPM up at 2500 for just a little bit. Then it was good. So just a heads up. I didn't use loctite on the housing bolts either. Didn't think it was necessary. I tightened them evenly with a small ratcheting wrench till snug then about a 1/4 turn. They said about 40 in lbs so...
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yeah I just took a gamble. Figured what would be the chances with a hand built part that you wouldn't notice that when assembling it if it was wrong? I was already starting the install so took a chance. So far so good for me. Let me know if you have any issues. It takes a while to open up at idle for bleeding procedures. Didn't really open and start circulating till I finally decided to hold the RPM up at 2500 for just a little bit. Then it was good. So just a heads up. I didn't use loctite on the housing bolts either. Didn't think it was necessary. I tightened them evenly with a small ratcheting wrench till snug then about a 1/4 turn. They said about 40 in lbs so...
Thats what i plan to do too. No loctite. Itll be awhile before i mention anything. I wont be ordering my car til December 31st. Hah. Just couldn't pass up all the good deals. :cheers:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Does anyone elses Reische at the bottom base turn to the right or left a bit so it looks tweaked and not straight? I can readjust it so its straight it but i dont think its supposed to be able to do that

Thanks for posting your concerns. What you're seeing is completely normal. Once it's installed in the housing everything will square up and fit great.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to give us a call or you are more than welcome to contact Reische Performance direct if you like.

Thanks,
Jared

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
On another note we installed one of these bad boys on our GT350 today and it fits great and works like it should.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449536959.424619.jpg

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
same with mine Installed it on sat, running 15 degrees cooler now, coolant 185, cylinder head 198

Sponsored

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Considering returning my EvenFlo for a 170' Reische. And to the guy from Livernois who asked if I read the thread on why I want to switch.

Yeah, I read the damn thread and I read several other threads claiming your product is inferior and not performing like it should which is as a result of the hot vs cold side approach you took. The thing is your product is inconsistent. Everyone seems to see big reductions with the Reische but not the EvenFlo.

So yeah, I did read.

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
Installed Reische 170 last night nice improvement over stock. Cruising at 70mph in 45*- 47* weather I was seeing 181*-183 ECT and 192* to 196* CHT. PP GT

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
To the guy from Livernois who asked if I read the thread on why I want to switch.

Yeah, I read the damn thread and I read several other threads claiming your product is inferior and not performing like it should which is as a result of the hot vs cold side approach you took. The thing is your product is inconsistent. Everyone seems to see big reductions with the Reische but not the EvenFlo.

So yeah, I did read.
Reading does not equate to understanding what you have read, or the actual application of what you have read. Nor does you using profanity transcend all of our testing. The correct running temperature for most engines is between 180°-200°. Our EvenFlo tstat begins to open at 160° and is fully open at about 175°. These parts also feature a triple-bridge design that increases strength, stability and reliability. High-flow thermostats also have a bypass valve that allows a small amount of coolant to circulate before fully opening. Your stock tstat will reach temps of 235-245°, so I do not see how you think that there are not "big reductions" in head, block and coolant temps. Let's call it 240° for argument's sake, is 195° not less?

The only way to accurately test is to on the same day, same engine hit the dyno. Not a chassis dyno, but an engine dyno. Has anyone other than the OEMs, thermostat manufacturers and us done this?

We have spoken to the OEMs, we work directly with the OEMs and a 160° is better than a tstat that is ~8° off of stock...period, end of conversation.

Your stock 178° tstat is not in there for optimum power. There are other reasons why it is there.

As for our other products, we invite you to test ANY of our products. Our tuning, aftermarket parts, cylinder heads, engines whatever you wish. We will outshine anything that you stack it up against. As we have said thousands of times before, if we offered "snake oil" or "placebo" parts and support we would not be a top tier performance vendor for the OEMs. We have even had the heads of the international OEM branches here in our facility. We have over 65 years of experience in THIS industry. How many companies that you claim are better can say that? None. What you are blind to is that we develop parts, assist with tuning, build motors for and fix erroneous projects for all...let me reiterate that...all of the major vendors in the performance aftermarket. From building engines for the "fastest" vendor on the planet all the way to development and testing for the international conglomerate that built your car.

We never set out to set the world on fire, but so many times our reliable, proven tunes and parts just so happen to set records. Of course we aren't going to complain when this happens, and we'd be fools not to promote it.

We have a very specific focus, and that is always power without sacrificing reliability. Could we make parts or develop a tune that makes more power while having tradeoffs? Absolutely. But that is very shortsighted. There aren't many companies that can say their name has been in the industry for 2 years, let alone more than 65 years, and because of that, we become a big target.

It's something we are used to, and we know comes with being on the top. Everyone feels the need to compare themselves to the best. We always appreciate the business other vendors supply us with indirectly. Our installation and engine departments have never been busier. And it allows us to have an amazing amount of insight into the true happenings in the industry, because we do more than just tuning.

I think these is the often overlooked benefit with us, that we do more than just tuning. We understand from developing, installing, and testing parts in house how they can impact a vehicle. Something you just don't get a full appreciation for sitting behind a computer.

That being said, everyone has to make the decision that makes sense to them. We offer a solution that we know, and have confidence in the results from the word go. But, because this challenges the establishment, people are reluctant to think it works, even if the results prove time and time again that they do.

At the end of the day, only one thing matters to us, that our customer's are happy with the products and service we provide. When someone isn't satisfied, we want to do what we can, whether we are the issue, or not.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Reading does not equate to understanding what you have read, or the actual application of what you have read. Nor does you using profanity transcend all of our testing. The correct running temperature for most engines is between 180°-200°. Our EvenFlo tstat begins to open at 160° and is fully open at about 175°. These parts also feature a triple-bridge design that increases strength, stability and reliability. High-flow thermostats also have a bypass valve that allows a small amount of coolant to circulate before fully opening. Your stock tstat will reach temps of 235-245°, so I do not see how you think that there are not "big reductions" in head, block and coolant temps. Let's call it 240° for argument's sake, is 195° not less?

The only way to accurately test is to on the same day, same engine hit the dyno. Not a chassis dyno, but an engine dyno. Has anyone other than the OEMs, thermostat manufacturers and us done this?

We have spoken to the OEMs, we work directly with the OEMs and a 160° is better than a tstat that is ~8° off of stock...period, end of conversation.

Your stock 178° tstat is not in there for optimum power. There are other reasons why it is there.

As for our other products, we invite you to test ANY of our products. Our tuning, aftermarket parts, cylinder heads, engines whatever you wish. We will outshine anything that you stack it up against. As we have said thousands of times before, if we offered "snake oil" or "placebo" parts and support we would not be a top tier performance vendor for the OEMs. We have even had the heads of the international OEM branches here in our facility. We have over 65 years of experience in THIS industry. How many companies that you claim are better can say that? None. What you are blind to is that we develop parts, assist with tuning, build motors for and fix erroneous projects for all...let me reiterate that...all of the major vendors in the performance aftermarket. From building engines for the "fastest" vendor on the planet all the way to development and testing for the international conglomerate that built your car.

We never set out to set the world on fire, but so many times our reliable, proven tunes and parts just so happen to set records. Of course we aren't going to complain when this happens, and we'd be fools not to promote it.

We have a very specific focus, and that is always power without sacrificing reliability. Could we make parts or develop a tune that makes more power while having tradeoffs? Absolutely. But that is very shortsighted. There aren't many companies that can say their name has been in the industry for 2 years, let alone more than 65 years, and because of that, we become a big target.

It's something we are used to, and we know comes with being on the top. Everyone feels the need to compare themselves to the best. We always appreciate the business other vendors supply us with indirectly. Our installation and engine departments have never been busier. And it allows us to have an amazing amount of insight into the true happenings in the industry, because we do more than just tuning.

I think these is the often overlooked benefit with us, that we do more than just tuning. We understand from developing, installing, and testing parts in house how they can impact a vehicle. Something you just don't get a full appreciation for sitting behind a computer.

That being said, everyone has to make the decision that makes sense to them. We offer a solution that we know, and have confidence in the results from the word go. But, because this challenges the establishment, people are reluctant to think it works, even if the results prove time and time again that they do.

At the end of the day, only one thing matters to us, that our customer's are happy with the products and service we provide. When someone isn't satisfied, we want to do what we can, whether we are the issue, or not.
There just hasn't been any evidence that the EvenFlo 160 out performs the Riesche 170. Look a few post up. GXSR1300 was was a EvenFlo and has now switched to Riesche 170. He isn't the only one either. Maybe it is time to just start selling the Riesche and call it a day.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I must've missed the conversation about how a lower tstat helps with performance? Also, I'm seeing similar numbers with my stock tstat that others are getting with the aftermarket. My cruise into work this morning my head temp was 199. I've seen it get as high as 230 while sitting at a red light for awhile but it always cools down once moving again....

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
I must've missed the conversation about how a lower tstat helps with performance? Also, I'm seeing similar numbers with my stock tstat that others are getting with the aftermarket. My cruise into work this morning my head temp was 199. I've seen it get as high as 230 while sitting at a red light for awhile but it always cools down once moving again....
try doing more than 1 pull at a dragstrip, or racing through an autocross course, or a track even for that matter. cylinder head temp will rise to 210+ and the car doesnt run great when it gets that hot

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
But I don't run at a dragstrip or autocross....doesn't the temp range of thermostat indicates when it's open, not it's ability to cool the motor? You need a better radiator to lower coolant temps.