Sponsored

thermostat

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Nothing in the tune uses CHT, it is all based on ECT. The only place CHT is used is in your gauge display, which is stupid.
Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
So with all this being said, when does the ecu start to pull timing due to an elevated temperature??? When CHT reaches xxx or ECT reaches xxx?

My ECT hover around 188-198 tops via nGauge, CHT is 205-220 via dash information. If the magic temperature amount of 200 degrees is what Ford says to start pulling back the reigns, I'm being screwed by my CHT. If it looks soley at a ECT reading, I'm not going to worry anymore.
I am curious to know this as well. Even though it really doesn't matter bc I just installed my Reische thermostat tonight anyway. But still good to know.

Tried the "bag" method of saving the coolant, didn't work out so good... Was trying to avoid taking the under cover down and go through the trouble of draining the radiator blah blah. Managed to get most of the coolant in the bag when unbolting the housing. Got the new Tstat in, with just a little mess. But couldn't get the bag out without it getting caught under the sway bar and oil cooler hoses due to the weight of the coolant pulled it down under them. Ended up tying a knot in it and letting it go, then dropping the tray to get it and then it ended up with a whole in it anyway haha. Should have just dropped the cover in the first place and let it all go into a clean plan. Oh well, lesson learned. Got to go get a little bit more coolant to top off with. Still didn't end up losing that much really. Also found out Ford shorted me on a screw holding the under cover up and when I got it down there was a random body clip just chilling on it. I looked all over and have no clue where it came from and the tray has never been off before (less than 600 miles still)...oh well I'll just get another screw someday. Lord knows I don't need it. There are 20 others still holding it up haha.

Here's a pic of the cluster after driving for 20 minutes and doing a couple pulls. This was the average CHT. Stayed between 185-195*

Last edited:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Great opportunity coming up for you guys looking to get into a Reische Performance 170deg thermostat.

On the 19th, 20th and 23rd of December you'll get 20% off and free shipping on them as part of our 12 Days of Christmas Sale.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
:( we all just bought them lol

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
God damn it haha

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I still need one...
GRINGE.JPG

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'll take one. I'll try to remember to order one on the 19th/20th. Thanks!

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Got my 170 yesterday, Ill install today and post results on my ride to work starting Monday to be a accurate comparison.

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yes 2 different ones.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Does anyone elses Reische at the bottom base turn to the right or left a bit so it looks tweaked and not straight? I can readjust it so its straight it but i dont think its supposed to be able to do that

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone elses Reische at the bottom base turn to the right or left a bit so it looks tweaked and not straight? I can readjust it so its straight it but i dont think its supposed to be able to do that
Yeah mine was the same way. I was messing with it a little. Just appears to be the spring. You can kind of tilt it in any direction. I just left it as is. When looking at its design there was no way I seen how you couldn't move it, unless mine was built missing a piece. Anyhow, I just straightened it up before I installed it. Works as intended paired with my Lund tune. No leaks and opened up when I was bleeding the system. So guess its good.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yeah mine was the same way. I was messing with it a little. Just appears to be the spring. You can kind of tilt it in any direction. I just left it as is. When looking at its design there was no way I seen how you couldn't move it, unless mine was built missing a piece. Anyhow, I just straightened it up before I installed it. Works as intended paired with my Lund tune. No leaks and opened up when I was bleeding the system. So guess its good.
Okay glad it wasn't just mine. I pulled mine out of the box that way. Never had a thermostat do that before.
Sponsored