Sponsored

The Face of the 2015 Mustang!

GTsquid

Does anyone else think that the camo at the normal "fog light/brake duct" area may be hiding a row of LEDs a la the very nice and generally widely accepted renders posted in the other thread? If so, I think that's a hell of a coincidence ;)
Yea had not even noticed that but your right, looks like there could be some LED placement there, but I would think only on the higher trims if there are. The bottom portion is pretty dead on overall.... makes you wonder....

If they even come 75% close to that render, I would be a buyer sight unseen.
Sponsored

HTownStang

There are many at Ford who weren't happy to see these photos appear yesterday.

The photos were taken during an afternoon test session on August 13th at Grattan Raceway in Michigan. As you might have been able to tell from the testing gear visible on the wheels, the brake engineers were working on the car.

We are aware of who took the photos, and where he took the photos. Unfortunately, this fellow decided to trespass on the property of either Grattan Raceway, or one of the surrounding properties, to take these pictures.

All in all, it's a shame it happened, but it is nice to see the largely positive reaction to the car so far.
Interesting, thank you for that info. I was wondering what that testing gear was on those wheels... Never seen it before.

I hope the Boss 302S behind it is an indication of where you guys are headed for handling and performance.

FStephenMasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 '02 M-B c230K
What exactly is the point of the camouflage? Do they not yet have a design patent? Most routine buyers of V6 Mustangs would never see any photos of upcoming versions. It seems some buyers of fancier versions might delay purchasing, but that they would still sell the existing models.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Interesting, thank you for that info. I was wondering what that testing gear was on those wheels... Never seen it before.
I used to see very similar equipment on the non-drive wheels of the more serious time-speed-distance rallye cars (as a means of eliminating distance errors due to drive wheelspin and powersliding on the occasional unpaved roads encountered).

Though in this situation I suspect that it's the various raw wheel rpms themselves that are of interest, and by how much they might differ under various hard driving situations. Think ABS, stability control, and TC calibration/certification.

Norm

Sponsored

ChuckC

Threads
Reaction score

The photos were taken during an afternoon test session on August 13th at Grattan Raceway in Michigan. As you might have been able to tell from the testing gear visible on the wheels, the brake engineers were working on the car.

We are aware of who took the photos, and where he took the photos. Unfortunately, this fellow decided to trespass on the property of either Grattan Raceway, or one of the surrounding properties, to take these pictures.

All in all, it's a shame it happened, but it is nice to see the largely positive reaction to the car so far.

Ben, count me in the positive column too.

Most of the renders looked wimpy with the swept back squinty headlights. The real thing apparently has wider headlights and looks more menacing. The front end looks like a correct natural Mustang evolution.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
My buddy over at Ford said that one of his coworkers said that the car we saw had a fake front end, but he couldn't tell if his buddy was messing around or not.

I'm not putting too much faith in it.

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
did you notice the camera flinging around on the end of the tether on the driver's side? looks like the suction cup gave out.

KingofQueens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I saw a post somewhere (not sure if it was here) but when u overlap the fusion and the front of the mustang it is almost identical. Makes u wonder if its b.c of similar design language or a mule.

gregthecarman

Threads
Reaction score
Something is Hiding behind that face

Okay I have been looking over these photos and studying them from every angle possible. My computer screen is a little blurry from all of the drool I'm wiping off of it, but I think the real face of the next GT is still hidden here.

I came to this conclusion after looking at a couple of the photos that were reposted, mainly the last photo posted by Stangray11.

I've highlighted my areas of interest in orange (sorry no photoshop on this computer).

My thoughts are that we may be looking at some cues that could be used for the '16 GT350 (I hope and pray) or the rumored Mach mustang. I firmly believe that the real front fascia of the car is resting a good 3 to 4 inches behind what we are looking at. The actual front bumper is located at the seam apparent in the grill opening.

This would explain a few things;

1. Why we are all looking at these images. Ford was conducting private testing, but could likely bank that KGP would be there. The released the images to get some reaction to styling cues to be used on the future hipo models and an overall impression of the front end.

2. Why the front end is flat black. If another facia was affixed over the actual front end that was already cow stripped, flat black and duct tape was likely used to try and conceal as many seams and gaps as possible.

3. The depth of the honeycomb grill. What modern car have you seen that has a grill this deep into an opening???

My guess is that Ford's safety or insurance protocols likely bar testing with fabric covers above a certain speed (just guessing here), and that this marvelous beast was likely well above that speed on the track, so the moving car cover had to be removed from the front end.

Ford then choose to affix another cover over the front end to gauge the reaction of the forum trolls like us for some cheap market research into styling cues to be used on future high end models (more aggressive front fascia). At the same time the fakescia would be used to hide 3 to 4 inches of the overhang that was trimmed from the front end.

The car looks good so far. My only fear at this point is the actual V6, Ecoboost and GT's front end will look significantly more like the Fusion and Taurus front end than what is shown in the pictures.

Not that it matters too much to me. I'll be gunning for the GT350 if even half the rumors we've read are true. Thus from my standpoint if that car looks close to this and the standard stang's closer to the Fusion/Taurus, well, let's just say that's fine by me!!!
2015 mustang face.jpg
9550565453_37b72161cb_b.jpg

Sponsored

BoostedSVT

My buddy over at Ford said that one of his coworkers said that the car we saw had a fake front end, but he couldn't tell if his buddy was messing around or not.

I'm not putting too much faith in it.
I think your instincts are right.

Plain damage control at this point. Best course of action for Ford now is to just keep quiet. Any comment on this is more telling than the words themselves. A fake front end for testing at a track? Come on. They have better things to do and better ways to deceive.

Pabo

Ok one question then....

If you guys were testing brakes, why the need to take off the camo for the front end? It was in MI so obviously not hot weather testing and doesn't look like aerodynamic testing either.

:confused:

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
Love that Blue GT500 render. That rear end is AWESOME!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Ok one question then....

If you guys were testing brakes, why the need to take off the camo for the front end? It was in MI so obviously not hot weather testing and doesn't look like aerodynamic testing either.

:confused:
The brake ducts perhaps...