RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
OH MY. Oppo, your color is PERFECT. it's exactly what i've seen. (could probably be a little less green maybe)

Thanks bud! Nice photos btw :D
Oppo, what color settings did you use to get that Guard color? Looks good (I agree the Guard in-game is too blue). One thing that I don't like is that the same color often looks different in ForzaVista than on the actual games tracks. Especially metallics and on the wheels.
Special color > metallic flake (that default puke green one) > following values:
Press X for base tone: Hue 0.33 | Saturation 0.07 | Brightness 0.16
Press Y for highlight flake: Hue 0.49 | Saturation 0.17 | Brightness 0.41

You're right. The studio photo I posted of the color looks completely different when you use the model on a track with outdoor lighting. It's spot-on everywhere else. If you make the paint to look realistic according to the in-door settings, you end up with something that's way too light and green looking on the track.
Check the same color above on the track.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Thanks bud! Nice photos btw :D

Special color > metallic flake (that default puke green one) > following values:
Press X for base tone: Hue 0.33 | Saturation 0.07 | Brightness 0.16
Press Y for highlight flake: Hue 0.49 | Saturation 0.17 | Brightness 0.41
:thumbsup:
are these the settings after you fine tuned the color last night?

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Here's mine. It took forever to get it right:hail:
image.jpg

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Here's mine. It took forever to get it right:hail:
Not bad at all! If the blues matched it would be badass, and maybe black out the side mirrors and hood vents.

Not trying to knock your design at all, I can't figure out stripes at all for some reason and this is close to perfect if you ask me.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Not bad at all! If the blues matched it would be badass, and maybe black out the side mirrors and hood vents.

Not trying to knock your design at all, I can't figure out stripes at all for some reason and this is close to perfect if you ask me.
No offense taken......The blues don't match? That's not possible, I used the same pattern for the entire car:shrug: Unless I missed a spot while updating an earlier version. I will double check later;). As far as the blacked out vents go, that's my real world plan (just like my avatar). I'm up in the air on black side mirrors. We all waited so long for Ford to offer body colored mirrors it just seems wrong to go backwards now.

Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
No offense taken......The blues don't match? That's not possible, I used the same pattern for the entire car:shrug: Unless I missed a spot while updating an earlier version. I will double check later;). As far as the blacked out vents go, that's my real world plan (just like my avatar). I'm up in the air on black side mirrors. We all waited so long for Ford to offer body colored mirrors it just seems wrong to go backwards now.

I like the design as well but the first thought in my mind was the exact same...If the blues matched it would look better. If you intend for the blues to match its going to look awesome.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Okay now im really being self concience about this. I confirmed the colors match (same templete). Apparently the game renders the blue much darker when in shadow as seen in this hi res pic. Note the rear is in sunlight and the rocker is in shadow The defense rests.....:)
GetPhoto-1.jpg

OP
OP
my03mach1

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
my03mach1 is the Maaco or Earl Sheib of Forza5. Nice work :)
Thanks everyone! It's been fun showing off your future cars. Hope it has made your decisions easier.

I've been really busy today. It's ok though, Mustang related! Dad and I went down to our dealer to talk about some S550 stuff and a track day. Then went down to a performance place to get quotes for brake cooling. Finally got my Mach cleaned to. So it'll be a few before I can get back to Forza.

Again, if you have a request feel free to ask. I'll do what I can to make that happen.
Sponsored