2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Lund told me no after pcmtec said they could do it. Maybe I got a bad customer rep who didn’t know what I was talking about. Didn’t really love their customer service though
Weird, they are an official dealer. It must still be in the works.

I guess the best option right now is self tune or wait for an official product.
It will be worth it though it’s a great system

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm your size too, what are you running for harnesses? I have a 20 PP2 with the base leather seats. Looked at the Schroth Quick Fit Pro (I think the standard quick fit uses the 15-17 seat belt receptacles to secure the rear).

I also daily the car, hoping to track a couple times this year for fun, so having a full on harness bar and expensive harnesses isn't worth the investment/hassle IMO for my use case
I'm using the Schroth Quick Fit Pro, but you want a roll bar if you are using a harness. Otherwise, just stick with the car's seat belts. It's a pain but I install/remove my Watson roll bar before/after each track event. I don't think it's safe to street drive with a roll bar in the car. I have cushions on mine, but you still don't want your bare head to come into contact with the roll bar in the event of an accident.

The most annoying thing is that whatever safety equipment you use, if you want an instructor in the car with you they will want you to have the same stuff for them. It can be really helpful to get advice from someone, so I plan to purchase a second Quick Fit Pro.

Track days are not cheap.

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT
Lund told me no after pcmtec said they could do it. Maybe I got a bad customer rep who didn’t know what I was talking about. Didn’t really love their customer service though
Lund do user adjustable flex all the time (100s of them). Can bus flex is a simple flick of a switch for them. I reached out to them and they told us they would do it providing the user does all of the CANBus kit set up themselves.

If you simply ask for a user adjustable flex setup (it is on their website) and ask to have the CANBus option enabled you can set up the kit at your leisure as the failsafe state of the can bus flex fuel setup is user flex. You could then contact us for support regarding the CANBus portion if required.

We have had quite a few people do this through various shops out there along with various DIY successfully.

The most recent one was this 2020 Whipple supercharged F150 by Modified by KC Performance www.mkcperformance.com

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Lund do user adjustable flex all the time (100s of them). Can bus flex is a simple flick of a switch for them. I reached out to them and they told us they would do it providing the user does all of the CANBus kit set up themselves.

If you simply ask for a user adjustable flex setup (it is on their website) and ask to have the CANBus option enabled you can set up the kit at your leisure as the failsafe state of the can bus flex fuel setup is user flex. You could then contact us for support regarding the CANBus portion if required.

We have had quite a few people do this through various shops out there along with various DIY successfully.

The most recent one was this 2020 Whipple supercharged F150 by Modified by KC Performance www.mkcperformance.com

Thanks
For the clarification rolls. You’ve Been a lot of help as I look into this.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have had failures on the front ones 2 different times. In both cases it caused excessive brake pedal travel, which on track leads to a lack of confidence in your brakes. With the bearing failing it causes slop in that wheel which causes the rotor to push slightly on the brake pads when not on the brakes, then when you push the brake it will stand the rotor up straight but require more brake travel. The 1st time I had this happen I misdiagnosed the issue and rebuilt the calipers replaced the master cylinder thinking it was the issue, but it ended up being the wheel bearing.

As for the drivability issue, I could have either time made it home safely had I not had a trailer.
You saying that brake drag from front wheels could be wheel hubs related :?

nbjeeptj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes, if the wheel bearing has allowed the rotor to have play, and the pressure from the weight of the vehicle pressing it to one side then it will rub on the brakes more than it its standing up straight. Both times it has happened to me on my mustang I was able to notice a slight bit more brake pedal travel as the brakes are standing the rotor back up straight.
Sponsored