Sponsored

Strangers fondling your car

blue15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Blue GT Premium auto
OK, looking for opinions as to if I am just too darn fussy.
Send hours washing, waxing, and assorted cleaning and generally enjoying myself making the car look as good as I can. Then head out for dinner and a good time with family and friends, get out to show off the shiny new car and there they are. Finger prints, hand prints, hand swipes down the freshly waxed car and on the glass and knowing someone has fondled my new baby.
I guess I should be proud that someone else thinks the car looks great, but geeze cant they keep their big mitts off and just look?
Anyone else feel this way or do I need to lighten up a bit?
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
tell them to get their damn hands off it. only thing that gets touch is the handles

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I feel your pain. I spent last Sunday washing, clay barring and opti-coating. This Saturday and Sunday i put 2 coats of wax on. Very time consuming. I would be pissed if i came out and found hand and finger prints on it.

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
How is it that without ever being told, I knew from age 4 and up that you don't touch other people's things without asking?
Then again people close car doors by the WINDOW (argh) so who knows what's going on in their heads.
I'd be pissed!

Sponsored

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
Sometimes I don't mind a little "forehead grease" on the side window. Makes me proud that someone liked it enough to take a gander inside! That's where I draw the line though! (lol)

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Nothing kills me more than being set up at a show and here comes some meth-head woman with 5 kids that are running around bouncing off everything, she tells them to not touch the cars but there's 2 or 3 of them right behind her with both arms reached out to each side running their hands down the whole length of both cars sitting there... (had this happen at the last show I went to this year) :tsk: :frusty: :paddle:

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I hate when people go through my shit in general. Stop invading my space and my belongings with your filth pls. I usually clean my things afterwards...

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
I also own a Polaris Slingshot. For some reason people think it's ok to get into it so the people they are with can take their picture. And when I tell them to get out of it they give you that look, like you are the one in the wrong.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I wouldn't appreciate any fingerprints on my car from some strangers. I'm glad they like the car, but hell nawwzz.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Sometimes I don't mind a little "forehead grease" on the side window. Makes me proud that someone liked it enough to take a gander inside! That's where I draw the line though! (lol)
Maybe the "forehead grease" is someone looking for something to break your window and take. Like GPS, radar detector, dash cam, wallet, pocket book etc.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Send hours washing, waxing, and assorted cleaning and generally enjoying myself making the car look as good as I can. Then head out for dinner and a good time with family and friends, get out to show off the shiny new car and there they are. Finger prints, hand prints, hand swipes down the freshly waxed car and on the glass and knowing someone has fondled my new baby.
It's really hard for a monkey to not touch a shiny object! :D

OP
OP
blue15gt

blue15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Blue GT Premium auto
It is bad enough when the finger prints are small, when the finger and hand prints are the size of linebacker, come on now!

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I was at a party and parked my '05 in front of the next house on the road. My buddies and me were standing in the garage looking out shootin' the shit when 2 young guys around 18-20 quickly trotted towards my car, one on each side and both tried opening the doors like they were going to jump in. Had to go over there and all but bitch slap their asses.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
ZERO reason to ever....ZERO... touch another person's vehicle if you are not getting in or out. And in that instance, that is why door handles were created.
Sponsored