Steeda Subframe Braces on Mach 1

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,
Looking for input from anyone that has just installed the braces and not the bushings or alignment kit on a Mach 1.
Looking to have a little better traction from a dig and cornering. Car gets squirrelly on takeoffs .
If it does make a difference, I like this mod because it's cheap and I can do it in my garage where the bushings and alignment kit for the cradle will add more NVH, require hiring someone and an alignment, and I'm not interested in doing all that.
Thanks!
Sponsored

Ratical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
03 F-250 21 Mach 1
Honestly in my Opinion, the Cradle Alignment is the most important part as those takeoffs from a dig could cause it to Shift, then your alignment would be off anyhow. the bushings are still separating the cradle from the body so there should be no added NVH. When you remove the cradle bolt it is mind blowing the amount of room around it in the factory cradle bushing.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I did the alignment dowels, Steeda IRS subframe support braces, and Steeda IRS subframe bushing supports all at the same time. No additional NVH. You should get an alignment even if you do none of this, these cars are not aligned properly from the factory.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
When I added the bushings on my 15gt I heard more noise on sharp bumps and I really don’t want that on this car.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
When I added the bushings on my 15gt I heard more noise on sharp bumps and I really don’t want that on this car.
Well, you could certainly do just the support braces. The rubber bushings in the subframe are pretty soft, and the subframe moves around a lot under hard cornering, braking, and acceleration. Still though, get an alignment even if you don't do any of these mods, I can almost guarantee it needs it

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Well, you could certainly do just the support braces. The rubber bushings in the subframe are pretty soft, and the subframe moves around a lot under hard cornering, braking, and acceleration. Still though, get an alignment even if you don't do any of these mods, I can almost guarantee it needs it
ok, would I still need an alignment if the car drives perfectly straight and my tire wear is totally even?
On my 15gt you could see the rearend of the car didn’t look even in both sides until I did the alignment kit but on my Mach 1 it looks spot on.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
ok, would I still need an alignment if the car drives perfectly straight and my tire wear is totally even?
On my 15gt you could see the rearend of the car didn’t look even in both sides until I did the alignment kit but on my Mach 1 it looks spot on.
I'm the type that wants to see the correct specs on the alignment. The alignment may be pretty straight, even if the subframe is not perfectly centered under the body. I want everything to be as square as possible.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm the type that wants to see the correct specs on the alignment. The alignment may be pretty straight, even if the subframe is not perfectly centered under the body. I want everything to be as square as possible.
I’m the type that tries to keep his cars as far away from auto shops as possible since they usually do more harm than good in my experience. Lol
That’s why I do all my service, even did my exhaust. Now my performance shop is great but they don’t do alignments.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’m the type that tries to keep his cars as far away from auto shops as possible since they usually do more harm than good in my experience. Lol
That’s why I do all my service, even did my exhaust. Now my performance shop is great but they don’t do alignments.
Who do you go to? Someone in the city or in the burbs?