Steeda Progressive Spring review

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Installed mine last night. No noises (fingers crossed) drove about 50 miles already and they feel great. Exact drop I was looking for, gets rid of wheel gap, stiffens it up, and isn't too low to where I have to be scared driving it daily.
Awesome, congrats! No noises means the install was done correctly. I drive mine daily and never even think about it. i go over speed bumps and everything with no concern.
Sponsored

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
I had the Steeda Progressive Springs installed on my non-PP GT on Saturday. I already had Steeda Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks & Struts. After less than 100 miles I have decided the drop on these springs is just to low. The car has ground clearance issues that I just don't want to deal with on a regular basis. So I have ordered some BMR SP089 Minimum Drop Front Performance Springs and BMR SP082 Rear Performance Springs. I think this combination of springs will be more to my liking. The ride with the Steeda Progressive Springs is better than with the OEM springs but not as good as I was expecting based on the spring rates. On paper these springs looked better than they turned out to be. Also I have coil to coil rubbing issues in the rear that I just don't like. So I will see if the change to the BMR's will work better for me. Again the biggest issue with the Steeda Progressive Springs is ground clearance.
I just got a PM from Mike D at Steeda about my ground clearance issues with the Steeda Progressive Springs. So I called him up and we talked about Steeda's solution for this problem. Steeda now has rear spring spacers available at several ride height increases. They will soon be releasing a new product line of front spring spacers in several ride height increases. Steeda has just finish testing their new front spacers. Mike will be sending me a set of spacers for a 1/2 inch ride height increase for both my front and rear springs. I will be putting these on my car in the next couple of weeks depending on when I get the spacers and when my installer will be available to install them. I will keep this thread posted on the results as they happen.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I just got a PM from Mike D at Steeda about my ground clearance issues with the Steeda....snip
I solved this with Steeda Jacking Rails :D I've dragged over quite a few steep inclines with the typical gutter curve designed for a regular car to make it over. I almost thought I was going to get hung up on one.
Jacking rails protect the rockers and absorb the curbs.

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
I solved this with Steeda Jacking Rails :D I've dragged over quite a few steep inclines with the typical gutter curve designed for a regular car to make it over. I almost thought I was going to get hung up on one.
Jacking rails protect the rockers and absorb the curbs.
My clearance problem is the bottom of the black front lip scrapes the front edge of my garage floor. The extra 1/2 inch clearance I will gain from the front and rear spring spacers will help with this problem. So just to be clear after the spacers are installed I will have a 5/8" front and a 1/2" rear drop from the Steeda Progressive springs instead of the 1 1/8 and 1" drop you normally get with these springs.

Edit: 3-10-17
My driveway is downhill with a rain gutter that is 3 inches below the garage floor so when the front tires are in the rain gutter the black front lip scrapes the garage floor. at this point rear of the car is about 3 feet higher. Hope this makes the low ground clearance issue more clear.

Last edited:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
My clearance problem is the bottom of the black front lip scrapes the front edge of my garage floor. The extra 1/2 inch clearance I will gain from the front and rear spring spacers will help with this problem. So just to be clear after the spacers are installed I will have a 5/8" front and a 1/2" rear drop from the Steeda Progressive springs instead of the 1 1/8 and 1" drop you normally get with these springs.
That's a great idea. That way you get the great characteristics of the Steeda progressive spring and can dial in the height you want.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Great shot and color combo.

Best Regards,

TJ

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
To the guys from Steeda,do u guys sell just the rear coilovers that have the adjustment cup that the rear spring sits on.Im really interested in a rear coilover designed like this,and have seen a couple out their but would like use steeda if u guys make them?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
To the guys from Steeda,do u guys sell just the rear coilovers that have the adjustment cup that the rear spring sits on.Im really interested in a rear coilover designed like this,and have seen a couple out their but would like use steeda if u guys make them?
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
It will be available next week with a 1100 lbs/inch spring rate.

No price yet. later next week.

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
another case where the issue was solved with spring silencers. Thank you to the people in this thread for suggesting the fix. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Steeda needs to look into the spring rates for these progressives

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, Black - for your feedback.

I will pass along to the engineering team.

Best Regards,

TJ

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thank you, Black - for your feedback.

I will pass along to the engineering team.

Best Regards,

TJ
We will make it clear in the current instructions to make sure that the isolators are position properly before install. Some techs have actually removed them or repositioned them without knowing what they do. We will update the instructions to reflect this.
We always appreciate feed back, so team Steeda can do a better job.

Steeda Tech

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
We will make it clear in the current instructions to make sure that the isolators are position properly before install. Some techs have actually removed them or repositioned them without knowing what they do. We will update the instructions to reflect this.
We always appreciate feed back, so team Steeda can do a better job.

Steeda Tech
Good idea. I helped a friend install last week, and we moved them to clear for the spring compressor we were using. I'm sure others did the same. I can't recall if we moved them back to the original position, but no noise so far is a good sign.
Sponsored