Steeda Progressive Spring review

ob1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orville
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
With my Steeda progressive springs I went to a quality alignment business.
They had to put some alignment bolt of some sort on the front.
All is within spec and handles like a dream. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Concept One Video

Steeda Progressive springs used in video.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]jGHJSJF1Frw[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Another great shot with Steeda progressive springs
Q500-1+yellow.jpg

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Steeda Progressive Springs + Pro-Action Fixed Struts and Shocks.
WedsSport wheels 18x10 36 offset
Yokohama S.Drive 275/40/18

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda Progressive Springs + Pro-Action Fixed Struts and Shocks.
WedsSport wheels 18x10 36 offset
Yokohama S.Drive 275/40/18

And, what are your thoughts on the ride quality?

The car looks great ... you should be very happy!

TJ

Sponsored

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
And, what are your thoughts on the ride quality?

The car looks great ... you should be very happy!

TJ
Thanks, TJ. I'm very new to suspension stuff, but the daily ride feels as it used to with stock struts and shocks + progressive springs. Not harsh, but definitely feeling more.

I'm going to the track on Thursday so we'll see what she do.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, TJ. I'm very new to suspension stuff, but the daily ride feels as it used to with stock struts and shocks + progressive springs. Not harsh, but definitely feeling more.

I'm going to the track on Thursday so we'll see what she do.
Sounds good - will await your real world feedback!

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
What a great idea! For the Mustang neophytes out there, like me, this is very helpful. There is a good description of what each package does and the results you can expect. These type of packages are so needed in the G6 community.

Faris14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT Premium
I installed the Progressive springs and 25 mm spacers about two weeks ago and had an alignment couple days ago. The mechanic wasn't able to align it back to spec and reduce the negative camber that much. He said I need to install front camber bolts and rear upper control arms. Also after the alignment I've started to hear some nosies from the left front end when I take a bump or drive on a bad pavement. Any advice? [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION]

Here's a pic with the progressive springs

1znah75.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I installed the Progressive springs and 25 mm spacers about two weeks ago and had an alignment couple days ago. The mechanic wasn't able to align it back to spec and reduce the negative camber that much. He said I need to install front camber bolts and rear upper control arms. Also after the alignment I've started to hear some nosies from the left front end when I take a bump or drive one a bad pavement. Any advice? [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION]
For the noise in the front left, it's hard to tell without a good description of what kind of noise. Your springs should have come with isolators on them (black slip on sleeves). They should be on the coils that are closer together and should be oriented to the top. If not, you could be getting a little noise when the lighter load coils come together. Mine don't even have the isolators and I don't get any noise at all but Steeda added them because a couple people did. Most likely something was left loose. My first guess would be the strut nut wasn't tightened all the way (76 lb ft) or the tie rod at 85 lb ft but i would talk to Steeda for sure, very helpful!

As for the alignment, what I do is hand them the instructions on how to adjust the rear camber. There is plenty of adjustment from the factory to get it within spec although it's not easy and if I remember right, the driver's side is a bit of a pain to get to the nut to loosen/tighten it for adjustment. The front is a different story. Lowered 1.125" in the front brought my camber out to about -2.0 -2.1. Then I got camber bolts which is the cheap route but got what I paid for. Every time I got an alignment after the from camber moved, the hardware is a lot smaller than the stock strut bolts (it replaces the top strut bolt). I replaced that with Steeda camber plates and life is good again.
rear_camber.jpg

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I installed the Progressive springs and 25 mm spacers about two weeks ago and had an alignment couple days ago. The mechanic wasn't able to align it back to spec and reduce the negative camber that much. He said I need to install front camber bolts and rear upper control arms. Also after the alignment I've started to hear some nosies from the left front end when I take a bump or drive on a bad pavement. Any advice? @SteedaTech @tj@steeda

Here's a pic with the progressive springs

1znah75.jpg
More than likely, it is the upper strut nut not torqued to spec. Also, check to make sure the spring isolators are positioned properly. They can be repositioned very easily once the car is jacked up.
8210group.jpg

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
For the noise in the front left, it's hard to tell without a good description of what kind of noise. Your springs should have come with isolators on them (black slip on sleeves). They should be on the coils that are closer together and should be oriented to the top. If not, you could be getting a little noise when the lighter load coils come together. Mine don't even have the isolators and I don't get any noise at all but Steeda added them because a couple people did. Most likely something was left loose. My first guess would be the strut nut wasn't tightened all the way (76 lb ft) or the tie rod at 85 lb ft but i would talk to Steeda for sure, very helpful!

As for the alignment, what I do is hand them the instructions on how to adjust the rear camber. There is plenty of adjustment from the factory to get it within spec although it's not easy and if I remember right, the driver's side is a bit of a pain to get to the nut to loosen/tighten it for adjustment. The front is a different story. Lowered 1.125" in the front brought my camber out to about -2.0 -2.1. Then I got camber bolts which is the cheap route but got what I paid for. Every time I got an alignment after the from camber moved, the hardware is a lot smaller than the stock strut bolts (it replaces the top strut bolt). I replaced that with Steeda camber plates and life is good again.
FYI Steeda has these brackets that go onto the stock mounting points to allow more solid and precious adjustments if you don't feel like investing in adjustable arms.
https://www.steeda.com/rear-camber-adjustment-kit.html
555-4126_1_.jpg

Faris14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT Premium

More than likely, it is the upper strut nut not torqued to spec. Also, check to make sure the spring isolators are positioned properly. They can be repositioned very easily once the car is jacked up.
Thank you [MENTION=15518]jbailer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] for the advice and the pictures.

I made sure that I torqued the upper strut nut three different times all the way to 76 lb.ft but the clunk noise is still there. I'll check the spring isolators position again.

For the alignment, I guess I'll just install camber bolts in front for now.
For the rear I'm surprised that the mechanic, who's supposed to be one of the best alignment mechanic in the area, told me to buy upper control arms while as what I understood from you guys that he could align it back to factory spec. Is there any reason that he couldn't do it?!

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thank you [MENTION=15518]jbailer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] for the advice and the pictures.

I made sure that I torqued the upper strut nut three different times all the way to 76 lb.ft but the clunk noise is still there. I'll check the spring isolators position again.

For the alignment, I guess I'll just install camber bolts in front for now.
For the rear I'm surprised that the mechanic, who's supposed to be one of the best alignment mechanic in the area, told me to buy upper control arms while as what I understood from you guys that he could align it back to factory spec. Is there any reason that he couldn't do it?!
I would recommend another alignment shop. Upper control arms are not needed!

Steeda Tech
Sponsored