Steeda Progressive Spring review

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Thanks for the help. So, the factory sways will be OK with the Steeda springs and shocks? I very much want all the parts to work together.
Yes they will.
Sponsored

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
I have the clunking noise too. Is this similar to you guys?

[ame]

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I have the clunking noise too. Is this similar to you guys?

Pm your contact info and I will help you identify and correct the issue.

Thanks, Mike D

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
What about Camber Plates? Are they a must-have with the Steeda Progressives? Tires are expensive...

And here's a stupid question. Let's say I install the springs/shocks/camber plates and take the car to the Ford dealer for an alignment. Are they going to know what to do to align a Mustang with non-factory parts? E.G. the camber plates? :shrug:

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
What about Camber Plates? Are they a must-have with the Steeda Progressives? Tires are expensive...

And here's a stupid question. Let's say I install the springs/shocks/camber plates and take the car to the Ford dealer for an alignment. Are they going to know what to do to align a Mustang with non-factory parts? E.G. the camber plates? :shrug:
Camber Plates are not a must have when installing the Steeda Progressive springs. The Ford dealer should be able to align your Mustang within factory specs with the parts mentioned.

Steeda Tech

Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]: Thanks for the reply, but just to clarify:

The Ford dealer should be able to align my car within factory with or WITHOUT the camber plates? If I absolutely need them, the time to install them is when I'm installing the struts and springs. :thumbsup:

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]: Thanks for the reply, but just to clarify:

The Ford dealer should be able to align my car within factory with or WITHOUT the camber plates? If I absolutely need them, the time to install them is when I'm installing the struts and springs. :thumbsup:
If you dont need custom settings for the track, you will be fine without

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Nope, don't need track settings. That means some money saved...er...more money for other mods! :thumbsup:

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
I had the Steeda Progressive Springs installed on my non-PP GT on Saturday. I already had Steeda Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks & Struts. After less than 100 miles I have decided the drop on these springs is just to low. The car has ground clearance issues that I just don't want to deal with on a regular basis. So I have ordered some BMR SP089 Minimum Drop Front Performance Springs and BMR SP082 Rear Performance Springs. I think this combination of springs will be more to my liking. The ride with the Steeda Progressive Springs is better than with the OEM springs but not as good as I was expecting based on the spring rates. On paper these springs looked better than they turned out to be. Also I have coil to coil rubbing issues in the rear that I just don't like. So I will see if the change to the BMR's will work better for me. Again the biggest issue with the Steeda Progressive Springs is ground clearance.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I had the Steeda Progressive Springs installed on my non-PP GT on Saturday. I already had Steeda Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks & Struts. After less than 100 miles I have decided the drop on these springs is just to low. The car has ground clearance issues that I just don't want to deal with on a regular basis. So I have ordered some BMR SP089 Minimum Drop Front Performance Springs and BMR SP082 Rear Performance Springs. I think this combination of springs will be more to my liking. The ride with the Steeda Progressive Springs is better than with the OEM springs but not as good as I was expecting based on the spring rates. On paper these springs looked better than they turned out to be. Also I have coil to coil rubbing issues in the rear that I just don't like. So I will see if the change to the BMR's will work better for me. Again the biggest issue with the Steeda Progressive Springs is ground clearance.
Wow, what are you driving over? I have these springs and the Cervini's chin spoiler which is I believe the lowest and furthest out. If I go out of a VERY steep driveway, the chin will rub just a little other than that, I've never had any clearance issue and I live in the mountains, driving on some crappy little back roads a lot.

Sponsored

terryz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base manual
I just received my springs recently, and I noticed that part of the rear springs are warpped by pastic, did you take it off before installation?

Also have you measured the drop? It should be about 1.2 inch in front and 1 inch in rear.

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Wow, what are you driving over? I have these springs and the Cervini's chin spoiler which is I believe the lowest and furthest out. If I go out of a VERY steep driveway, the chin will rub just a little other than that, I've never had any clearance issue and I live in the mountains, driving on some crappy little back roads a lot.
Actually the biggest issue is my driveway. There is what amounts to a negative speed bump right before I enter the garage. The BMR SP089 should be a little better but not alot. Also I went over to a friends yesterday to put my car on his lift so I could look at the rear springs. We could barely get the lift arms under the car to lift it up. I have had lowered cars before and long term if there to low they are a pain in the ass. So more ground clearance is good as far as I am concerned.

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
I just received my springs recently, and I noticed that part of the rear springs are warpped by pastic, did you take it off before installation?

Also have you measured the drop? It should be about 1.2 inch in front and 1 inch in rear.
I did measure the difference and it was 1.12" front 1" rear. So it is right on Steeda's spec which is to low for me.

terryz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base manual
I did measure the difference and it was 1.12" front 1" rear. So it is right on Steeda's spec which is to low for me.
My current setup has the same drop, and I also scrap the front occasionally, although I think it's mostly the wind deflator under the front chin, not the chin itself.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Installed mine last night. No noises (fingers crossed) drove about 50 miles already and they feel great. Exact drop I was looking for, gets rid of wheel gap, stiffens it up, and isn't too low to where I have to be scared driving it daily.
Sponsored