Sponsored

Steeda Camber plate, Max camber -2.6

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I have installed the Steeda Camber plates and Opened up the Strut tower hole by 1/2" with the Steeda Hole saw and my alignment guy says he can't get more than -2.6 on the passenger side. 3.0 on the drives side. I also installed the Steeda front lower control arm with extended ball joint for roll center compensation for the lowering springs.
Is there any reason I should be limited to max camber of -2.6?
The service MGR at my Indy shop has lots of experience with modified hot rods. His only explanation is that there could be a difference in the strut towers from the factory.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
My strut towers are different side to side. I've seen a few others who have this issue too. I'm not sure why though. I just never looked further into it to solve the problem.

991GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Maybe some pictures to help us see what is going on?
I installed mine a few weeks ago and get -3 deg with the factory openings.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
when using the extended ball joint, it tends to limit camber. I had the same set up and was still able to get -3. Weird you are not able to on one side. Maybe check your control arms? Possible binding?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bossdog

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I spoke with the technician This afternoon. The large disc/washer welded on top of the plate won’t slide under the base /bottom side of the strut tower. Probably some light sanding or grinder action would clean it up and allow the plate to slide under. It’s definitely not the tip of the strut, it has another half inch to move.
I’m not going to take it all apart this season, I’ll run -1.6 rear and -2.6 front and see how she does. I have questions on engine cooling as well, still sorting that out so it may be an abbreviated season. Hoping for the best.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Would need to see some pics, but that sounds like an odd issue. I've had no issue getting -3.2 on my fronts with room to move after opening them up. I do not have their lower control arms though so that may be factoring in as well.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My strut towers are different side to side. I've seen a few others who have this issue too. I'm not sure why though. I just never looked further into it to solve the problem.
Not only yours i think the passenger side has more camber for all of us or at least it has for me it's not by a lot maybe 0.2 degrees or so but there is a difference for sure.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
hope you installed new spring insulators with this steeda camber plates I so much regret not doing that.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
hope you installed new spring insulators with this steeda camber plates I so much regret not doing that.
what is this? You wanted Accord-level quiet instead of incessant jangling and banging typified by Subaru?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bossdog

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I didn’t see that in the directions.
Please elaborate.

991GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Can you post some pic from inside the engine bay? I'm assuming he jacked up the front of the car to take the weight off the strut to make adjustments?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
For reference, my car has -3.5 degrees of camber on both sides with Steeda plates _without_ touching strut towers.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
what is this? You wanted Accord-level quiet instead of incessant jangling and banging typified by Subaru?
In the instructions for steeda they say you have to retain it not sure what will happen if I just remove it but metal on metal contact don't sound good on the street.

I didn’t see that in the directions.
Please elaborate.
Ford Coil Spring Insulator Rubber Front Kit Mustang 2015-2024CJ Pony Parts

This is the part from the original top hat that is retained with the steeda caster/camber plates it's in the description. The problem is there is a bearing in that thing so if not new eventually will start making annoying noises. I suggest you look it up.

OP
OP
Bossdog

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Update:
I finally got a response from the Steeda technicians. I am told that one possible cause of the issue I’m having, the passenger side pushed all the way in and only achieving - 2.6 camber, can be caused by the front cradle, not being aligned perfectly.
I then spoke with my local service shop that has been doing the work on my Mustang. He indicated that some Mustang front cradles are pinned in place and others are not. He explained if the S550 front cradle is pinned in place trying to realign it will not be of any help. Can anyone confirm if our front cradle is pinned in place?
It seems to makes sense to me that if the cradle is slightly offset, it would cause this phenomenon. The technician at my local shop said as long as the alignment is correct a slightly off center cradle will not have a deleterious effect on the performance handling of the car. Is that truly the case?
At this point I’m going to the track with -2.7 camber up front and see if I have understeer issues. If I do, I’ll take it back in, loosen up the front cradle, align it properly to get maximum camber out of both sides. Which should be -3 or better based on everyone else’s experience.
Please weigh in if you know any of this to be crap.
thanks
Sponsored

Last edited: