Sponsored

Speculation on near future updates

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
This sounds like the hopes and dreams thread. I'm expecting updates in line with '11-14 with minor visual changes here and there until MY 2018. After that, who knows. 2016 will likely have new colors and that's it. 2017 might have a new MFT software base.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Because looking down at a dial is so hard... or because it in your FOV all the time..? Or, because it looks kewl and that what driving is all about..?

I don't get it...
It takes a few tenths of a second to look down, see the speed, look back up, and focus on the road. In heavy traffic at 80 mph, that can be dangerous.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
- Auto with PP
:crazy:Who puts an auto tranny in a sports car?;)

It takes a few tenths of a second to look down, see the speed, look back up, and focus on the road. In heavy traffic at 80 mph, that can be dangerous.
Seriously, the very last thing I'm concerned about when driving in heavy traffic is how fast I'm going. edit: generally 80 mph and heavy traffic don't go together.

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Hi guys. I also work at a Ford dealership, and we just went through the same training with a yellow EcoBoost. But our trainer dropped something on us that I thought you all might find interesting. I'm just not sure how close he could be to being right. But here it is.

Apparently Ford is so pissed off with Dodge over this Hellcat nonsense that they have decided that they would make a 2015 GT500, and they would have it make well over Dodge's 707hp. Our training was yesterday and he said that Ford had announced this internally 2 days prior. Something to look forward to hopefully.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=71293

Sponsored

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car

while standing on the brakes at 125 mph for turn 1 at roebling road even more so. but the digital display has to be fast enough to follow the change in speed and rpm.

beers

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
HUD is also awesome for turn by turn directions if you don't want to hear the voice.

My hope says its possible that the glassroof can return for 16.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Ford is investing heavily in aluminum so you may be on to something...
I doubt they will do this with the Stang. It already uses Al selectively in the front to lower weight - re skinning the whole car would lighten in but at the same time worsen the weight balance/bias.

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
I doubt they will do this with the Stang. It already uses Al selectively in the front to lower weight - re skinning the whole car would lighten in but at the same time worsen the weight balance/bias.
Eh by that stage they'll also be putting a hybrid drive (electric motor and batteries) in the rear / on the diff, so they'll be able to make the weight balance whatever they want.

Or maybe now they have IRS they'll be a little more bold on changes to the Mustang drive-train and build a trans-axle to save weight / make production one little step easier and shift weight back.

Sponsored

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Machine guns would help thin out traffic and take out a few Prius.

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Removal of the line lock after it gets abused.

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
  • Heated and ventilated Recaros (not likely)
  • Heated steering wheel
  • PP on the convertible
  • HUD
  • Various special editions

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Removal of the line lock after it gets abused.

:lol:

One good lawsuit away....I can hear it now " He wasnt racing! He was in the walmart parking lot line locking it and ran straight into the store! This is clearly Fords fault!"
Sponsored