Sponsored

Silverstone

U.K. Robert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
So you can have the most fun as its not your car! Flat out!!:headbang:
Not my tyres either but having watched at this sort of event before, tyre shredding/drifting/showboating etc. will get you sent off the track. I've spent years drag racing and done various track days and I don't drive at 10/10ths on track, probably 8.5, if that makes sense.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not my tyres either but having watched at this sort of event before, tyre shredding/drifting/showboating etc. will get you sent off the track. I've spent years drag racing and done various track days and I don't drive at 10/10ths on track, probably 8.5, if that makes sense.
Oh no, certainly no drifting/line locks etc i'm sure they'll be against that haha! But means you can push the car hard! Lot of spirited driving haha!

Can't wait to see you all there! (no homo!)

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I have a 10.15 slot. Will get there early I would think as I want to avoid getting stuck in bad traffic. May get there around 9am maybe earlier, would rather be an hour or two early than 10 minutes late!

Aero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2018 C63 AMG Estate
I'm booked in for the 09:15am session. :cool:

I'll therefore have a bit of a lie in and probably leave home about 9am as I literally live 2 minutes drive from the circuit :D

As my car has less than 500 miles on it I certainly don't intend to be ragging it around the track - I'm much more interested in getting some tips and experience as to how to handle the RWD properly in various situations as this is my first RWD car and I'm still getting used to it! :cool:

CapitanPug

Big Bear
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Audi A5, Mitsibushi L200
I have an 11.15 slot, but a 6 hour drive first!
Think I better come down the night before & be there around 10. :ford:

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Anybody know the logic for the invites? I can't go but I would have liked the option. So far seems to be very early orders, very late orders (inc. no car!) and those who make the most noise (you know who you are ;)).

I'll just go and eat worms :kickrock:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Looks like the same process as the cars were delivered! :lol:

Think there's one UCL winner on this thread that didn't receive an invite at all, others that have received an invite but don't have their cars yet...

I think Karen and Stacey are checking this thread as after yet another one dropped out, I posted along the lines that I was available and then an hour or two later, they'd very kindly sent me an invite. Coincidence...? :shrug:

I'd try emailing them direct since it's now getting close.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody know the logic for the invites? I can't go but I would have liked the option. So far seems to be very early orders, very late orders (inc. no car!) and those who make the most noise (you know who you are ;)).

I'll just go and eat worms :kickrock:
To be honest I just asked in this thread for one and got a PM off Karen about it. Karen's away on leave all next week otherwise she said she'd have been at the event. Whether that means Stacey will be that waits to be seen, however when I get there I'll start a thread and keep it updated through the day with pictures and what not.

As Cent has said. There's a few of us without our cars whom have been invited. There's some who've just reviewed their cars. Some with UCL cars and some who got cancelled orders and didn't wait long going. So there's no real "criteria" for attendance.

I'm waiting for my official invite, as the events coordinator Nigel didn't sort one out yet however Karens given me an email confirmation stating that if I don't get one to use the email as confirmation.

As for those turning up, I should be getting pictures and videos of each of you as you turn up in your cars if I'm not doing anything else. I'll bring my DSLR to take the pictures and use my phone to do video.

Anyone who wishes to do a burnout on the entrance to Silverstone or donuts in the car park let me know so I can film it in slow motion as I think that'll look amazing haha!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm well jealous.
That I don't have my car. Will be Sod's law I get it back on Wednesday :(

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm well jealous.
That I don't have my car. Will be Sod's law I get it back on Wednesday :(
I'm hopefully tracking it in a demo car. Worth an ask if you can do the same if you've got an invite mate?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Would love to go, trouble is my car not here yet (just been booked on the boat) but would be a great experience if there is a demo available so you can learn a lot about one before it arrives

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I've officially declined my invite (car is so near, yet so not here) so hopefully this will get offered to one of "the forgotten" ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I've officially declined my invite (car is so near, yet so not here) so hopefully this will get offered to one of "the forgotten" ;)
Damn you! Wanted to see you down there?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Damn you! Wanted to see you down there?

400-odd miles is a long way to come for maybe getting a lap of the track :D
That's a lot of tailgating and not indicating!
Sponsored