TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
You guys are correct the first one is an R for sure I noticed on the sticker it came from a dealer in NY. The Avalanche did say track pack, (I'm still learning about the Shelby differences)
That truck was a Shelby F150 the salesman said $100K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
None of them are R models. They R models have a red outer pinstripe, badging and steering wheel

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Sponsored

mjeagent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pursuing 2016 GT350
I actually bought my 2016 Oxford white/blue stripe tech package from them for $2,500 over sticker. This was a few months ago. They are looking for the idiot who comes in and says I'll take it or who has zero negotiating skills.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Everyone bashing Koons for having an ADM on their shelbys but were all so happy to take advantage of deals where the GTs and EcoBoosts were sold below invoice. This is WHY they sold regular cars below invoice. Volume = more allocation. They are making their money back.
Your very naive if you think dealers lose money selling cars at or below invoice. Plus what else are you gonna do with the high volume Mustangs? They're not exactly hard to find. It's not like they can put adm on an ecoboost. They're not making they're money back, because they havent lost any.They're simply taking advantage of anxious, wealthy, and impulsive buyers. Nothing wrong with that, since some fools are obviously willing to overpay for this car.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This has long been their MO with anything Shelby.

In May of 2012 I started the process of buying a 2013 convertible in Grabber Blue.

I could afford a GT500 vert at sticker easily (61k).

But they all had a 25k ADM attached. They even had a Grabber Blue/White stripes one. Total price on that car was 87k

Well i gave up on the GT500 dream. Ordered a loaded GTPP/Brembo vert in Grabber Blue and had white stripes put on it. I got it in August of 2012.

In March of 2014, nearly two years later, that same GT500 was still sitting at Koons now only with a 10k ADM despite being two years old.

They'll give you a great price on a GT, but will not sell a Shelby anywhere near MSRP

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Well then... the idiots will have these cars on their lot 2 years from now too.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
I don't understand Ford dealers' stance on adm. They seem to be the only ones to just sit on a car with adm, even when the market softens on said vehicle or it is 1 to 2 model years old.

Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't understand Ford dealers' stance on adm. They seem to be the only ones to just sit on a car with adm, even when the market softens on said vehicle or it is 1 to 2 model years old.
They likely paid MSRP + ADM from other dealers to acquire these cars. 2007 all over again lol! :lol:

We will get some below MSRP by summer me thinks. ;)

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Hey, it's not just Ford dealers. I can hook you up with a Chevy dealer who has a new 2011 Neiman Marcus Edition Camaro convertible for just $75K. You'd probably be the only one on your block who has one! :headbang:

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Your very naive if you think dealers lose money selling cars at or below invoice. Plus what else are you gonna do with the high volume Mustangs? They're not exactly hard to find. It's not like they can put adm on an ecoboost. They're not making they're money back, because they havent lost any.They're simply taking advantage of anxious, wealthy, and impulsive buyers. Nothing wrong with that, since some fools are obviously willing to overpay for this car.
Welcome to the forums. If you had bothered to research before responding, you'd have seen that a lot of members got their cars at Koons for very low prices very early in the 2015 model year. At that time, most dealers couldn't keep regular cars in stock and were not willing to move much from MSRP. Invoice on regular GTs is about $1000 over holdback. Dealerships have to make money to keep the lights on.
The Shelbys bring in business by people gawking at them, or finding them online then coming in to have a look. Being a fairly limited production car, I'm sure Koons isn't looking to give these away and will sit on them until they get their moneys worth.

Smaller dealerships that get allocated 1 car per year want to be able to sell it to get another allocation. Koons seems to have enough bargaining power in the world of Ford dealerships not to have to rely solely on allocation.

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
The Shelbys bring in business by people gawking at them, or finding them online then coming in to have a look. Being a fairly limited production car, I'm sure Koons isn't looking to give these away and will sit on them until they get their moneys worth.

Smaller dealerships that get allocated 1 car per year want to be able to sell it to get another allocation. Koons seems to have enough bargaining power in the world of Ford dealerships not to have to rely solely on allocation.
I think Koons is buying these cars from other dealers. I talked to them last fall and they only had a couple 350s inbound and no R allocations. Then about every few weeks after they started rolling out they started this collection and I have only saw a couple actually move from the lot to potentially someone owning it.

Koons does a bad job of having these bring people in as they are over by the service entrance. I have went over several times opened the door sat in the cars and no one ever asks me a thing. I dont even have to go by the vultures that all crowd on the other side of the building.

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Koon Ford

I drive by everyday. I'm the one passing you on 7 West in a GT CO PP. I want to trade up, but hoping to get MSRP. They told me over instant message the Yellow one is 69K.

Leonard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Everyone bashing Koons for having an ADM on their shelbys but were all so happy to take advantage of deals where the GTs and EcoBoosts were sold below invoice. This is WHY they sold regular cars below invoice. Volume = more allocation. They are making their money back.
Not entirely. I was there a couple months ago and tried to negotiate for one of their GT350's -- they were asking $20k ADM and weren't willing to negotiate much because according to the sales guy, the car I wanted had come from another dealer for $10k ADM.

It's entirely possible he was making shit up -- but if not -- then they're buying cars from other dealers and inflating the ADM even more. I ended up getting my car from a dealer in Florida who was FAR more reasonable.

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
The funniest thing about when people post is "salesman says he won't go below x, because he's already got y offers at z."

Then why don't they just accept those offers?

I'm gonna go with; because they're imaginary. Money in hand is more valuable than hoping the suckerest of suckers is going to come in after your car has been on the lot for 6 months and pay 30 over.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Looks like 7 hostages to me.

Hopefully, they sit for a long time and the dealer takes a beating.
Its a business to them... Buy allocations from other dealers that would normally sell for the 2k it costs to buy into the program, and then mark up another 10k or so. I they don't sell THEY can write off the loss. Can we as buyers write off the loss we take on these cars if we buy at 10k over msrp or sell a couple years later for 10k under msrp? Lol... don't work that way does it!!

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
Not entirely. I was there a couple months ago and tried to negotiate for one of their GT350's -- they were asking $20k ADM and weren't willing to negotiate much because according to the sales guy, the car I wanted had come from another dealer for $10k ADM.

It's entirely possible he was making shit up -- but if not -- then they're buying cars from other dealers and inflating the ADM even more. I ended up getting my car from a dealer in Florida who was FAR more reasonable.
Yeah I think they only got two allocations and the rest are from other dealers. If they truly had this many cars they should have gotten 3 Rs but when you check for them on the Ford top selling dealers they aren't even in the top 150.
Sponsored