dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone bashing Koons for having an ADM on their shelbys but were all so happy to take advantage of deals where the GTs and EcoBoosts were sold below invoice. This is WHY they sold regular cars below invoice. Volume = more allocation. They are making their money back.
Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Everyone bashing Koons for having an ADM on their shelbys but were all so happy to take advantage of deals where the GTs and EcoBoosts were sold below invoice. This is WHY they sold regular cars below invoice. Volume = more allocation. They are making their money back.
well stated. My GT MSRP was a hair over 50k. We purchased from Koon's of Sterling. OTD price = 45k

OTD price w/ FRPP catback and FRPP lowering springs installed and my GTPP wheels swapped out for my SVE's - a hair over 47k OTD.

worth it to me.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
If they sell them for that.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Looks like 7 hostages to me.

Hopefully, they sit for a long time and the dealer takes a beating.
7 and only 1 R makes me believe that they bought from other dealers which makes the likelihood of them taking a beating all the more likely.

Sponsored

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
I work in the area as well and drive up 28/7 quite often. The Koons daughters must have sucked a lot of chrome off someone's trailer hitch to get those allocations. Then the chemicals went to their heads.
I agree I hope these units sit for a long long long time.
Luckily enough I got my 350 for 62.5K
I personally will never buy another car from koon's just because of this exceptional level of greed.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I gave the Baltimore guys crap about the $15k markup on their GT350 Track Pack last year but at least they solid to a real buyer not wholesaler for that. Then again it was right when the cars came out. It seems a lot of the newer owners on here are between MSRP and $5k over these days with the trend toward MSRP.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You keep saying that as if it is some sort of self fulfilling prophecy. While it would seem that there are more random msrp deals, the ADM insanity ensues. If '17 is indeed the final year of GT350 production I'd expect it to continue right until the very end.

Last edited by a moderator:

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
7 and only 1 R makes me believe that they bought from other dealers which makes the likelihood of them taking a beating all the more likely.
I believe you are right. Same scenario with a dealer here in the Southern Cali. They are buying from other dealer for $15K and selling for $30K ADM.

Was that a Shelby F-150 I saw???

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I believe you are right. Same scenario with a dealer here in the Southern Cali. They are buying from other dealer for $15K and selling for $30K ADM.

Was that a Shelby F-150 I saw???
Grody Buena Park?

Sponsored
OP
OP
MJ2015

MJ2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP DIB
You guys are correct the first one is an R for sure I noticed on the sticker it came from a dealer in NY. The Avalanche did say track pack, (I'm still learning about the Shelby differences)
That truck was a Shelby F150 the salesman said $100K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
You guys are correct the first one is an R for sure I noticed on the sticker it came from a dealer in NY. The Avalanche did say track pack, (I'm still learning about the Shelby differences)
That truck was a Shelby F150 the salesman said $100K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
None pictured are Rs. The circled R is for registered trademark.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
You keep saying that as if it is some sort of self fulfilling prophecy. While it would seem that there are more random msrp deals, the ADM insanity ensues. If '17 is indeed the final year of GT350 production I'd expect the ass rape to continue right until the very end.
Because it's the same story that plays out with every special edition Mustang. Always has and always will.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I work in the area as well and drive up 28/7 quite often. The Koons daughters must have sucked a lot of chrome off someone's trailer hitch to get those allocations. Then the chemicals went to their heads.
I agree I hope these units sit for a long long long time.
Luckily enough I got my 350 for 62.5K
I personally will never buy another car from koon's just because of this exceptional level of greed.
So, let's see how this works. Buyers control the pricing. You paid a healthy ADM, so you're helping perpetuate ADMs - and now you're being self-righteous about it, plus slandering the family? Something doesn't add up here. :thumbdown:

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
Yeah I drive by there every day and I haven't seen an R model. I didn't think they were getting one. Are you sure they had an R or were they just track pack cats?
I know one of their customers personally ( he buys lots of cars from them, and still paid ADM ). He ordered his R back in December, so it may be built now. The salesman I spoke with said they were getting another R, but it would be well over $100K. :crazy:
Sponsored