Sponsored

S550 2020-2023 Brake fluid sensor recall

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree it's the BCM that controls the low brake fluid lamp so not sure why a PCM tune has any effect

so I may have to call corporate
Can you just unplug the pcm for the flash?
Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Can you just unplug the pcm for the flash?
I am not sure the dealer would be willing to do that or if their IDS system would work with the PCM unplugged since all modules are connected via the CANbus network.

BD

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
How the HELL do ya get the plug off of the fluid reservoir to test if it warns you or not??:frown:

I tried several things to depress the clip lock but figgered I'd pull the wires out of the damn plug plus with all the fluid lines around it I can barely get two finger on the plug.......UGH!!😡😡😡

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
How the HELL do ya get the plug off of the fluid reservoir to test if it warns you or not??:frown:

I tried several things to depress the clip lock but figgered I'd pull the wires out of the damn plug plus with all the fluid lines around it I can barely get two finger on the plug.......UGH!!😡😡😡
You may need the help of a screwdriver to gently pry on the edge of the connector as you depress the release tab that is on the top side rear of connector where the wires come out. Its finicky but will come loose.

Good luck.

BD

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
Thanks Buldawg76.......I'll give it another shot........if unplugged is it supposed to give the warning in the instrument cluster if OK??

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks Buldawg76.......I'll give it another shot........if unplugged is it supposed to give the warning in the instrument cluster if OK??
Yes, just make sure the e brake isn't on. I actually did it for the tech when he did my car, I gave it the old two finger reach around lol. It has limited room for sure because of the abs lines.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Test with engine running and E brake off with connector unplugged.

BD