Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

corvettez06usa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Wouldn't the balance be all kinds of f***ed up on that?
The LS1 is dropped into a lot of unlikely candidates for a reason. Remember, in some RX7s, the swap actually made the car lighter and more balanced. It's a compact, light V8 engine that has a universe of mod options to throw at it. I'd be willing to bet the FRS feels just the same after the swap.

I also love it when an LS1 gets put into a "tuner" car, because it usually pisses off that whole Japanese sports car (econobox) scene. Good ol' American V8. :D

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
The LS1 is dropped into a lot of unlikely candidates for a reason. Remember, in some RX7s, the swap actually made the car lighter and more balanced. It's a compact, light V8 engine that has a universe of mod options to throw at it. I'd be willing to bet the FRS feels just the same after the swap.

I also love it when an LS1 gets put into a "tuner" car, because it usually pisses off that whole Japanese sports car (econobox) scene. Good ol' American V8. :D

It works good in reverse too. I've seen some sick RB/2J Camaros. The boxer just isn't a very good engine IMO.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Then again, I'm a sucker for inline sixes.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
It's a shame the I6 has all but vanished. Cylinders in a line, inherently balanced. As nature intended, if nature was an engineer.

I like the way you think. A modern inline six with direct injection and VVT would be potent. I wish the Eco in my truck had been an I6, but they're unfortunately long.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I love my RB25 motor. This thing in a S13 chassis would be an absolute blast, which must be why it is such a popular swap.

Sponsored

azsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Raptor

I know I'll probably get a ton of hate for this but I did the same with my 93 notch. Running a 5.3 out of a 06 GMC truck with PAC 1218 Valve springs/76mm turbo/ 80lb injectors/Walbro 400, 4L80 trans, and megasquirt running the show. I just couldn't get the power for the same price out of a modern Ford motor (damn mod motors and Coyote motors are EXPENSIVE) My K-Member has the 5.3 pushed way back and low. It's not running yet as I'm cobbling my suspension together, but I should be making test/tune runs on the track by late spring.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I know I'll probably get a ton of hate for this but I did the same with my 93 notch. Running a 5.3 out of a 06 GMC truck with PAC 1218 Valve springs/76mm turbo/ 80lb injectors/Walbro 400, 4L80 trans, and megasquirt running the show. I just couldn't get the power for the same price out of a modern Ford motor (damn mod motors and Coyote motors are EXPENSIVE) My K-Member has the 5.3 pushed way back and low. It's not running yet as I'm cobbling my suspension together, but I should be making test/tune runs on the track by late spring.
:tsk:

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

It's about 80lbs heavier (ready to run) than the 2.0/2.5 Subaru. The Subaru with turbo is still quite a bit lighter. The huge advantage of the Subaru is the incredibly low CG.

The 13b on the other hand is a heavy bastard and weight ends up almost identical. The LS is absolute perfection in the 3rd Gen RX7s. Building one is on my short list and it just so happens there is a little extra room in the garage now.